The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol 2012 applicants !

Scroll to see replies

Guys, my offer for Mechanical Engineering changed to unconditional last night..! cant believe it! i'm an international student, so i already had my results... :biggrin: :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Hey!
I think that this question probably occured in here already, but I'm busy in my job and have no time to search for it.
Do you have any idea about what is Bristol's policy about people who did not meet all requirements of their offer ? ( I had 4 different conditions and met 3 with over 10% beyond above the requirement)
I don't know if I've got the wrong thread but.... according to track I'm in! :eek::smile: Anyone else?
Original post by xfirekittyx
I don't know if I've got the wrong thread but.... according to track I'm in! :eek::smile: Anyone else?

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: congrats!!! see you in psych lectures? :h:
Reply 2184
Hi all 2012 history students!
I am just about to start my 2nd year and I am selling all my history 1st year books AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE!!!
Last year I spent on average about £20 on each book (minimum £15 maximum £55!) and these were from amazon and on your 1st year reading list - compulsory.
I will be selling my books at around £10 each, which means more money for alcohol for you freshers :wink:
PM me if you are interested, you wont find them anywhere cheaper! I wish I could have found a 2nd year to buy them off in freshers...but I had no luck.
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE
Hope to hear from you :smile:

PS I spent around £250-300 on my books for 1st year :frown: and they were 2nd hand but in good condition! You could buy them off me for around £100! You really wont find them anywhere cheaper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2185
Hey guys, hope you all got the results you wanted and are looking forward to starting at Bristol in October.

Here's the official facebook page for Bristol Freshers: https://www.facebook.com/#!/bristolfreshers2012

Would also like to add that you'll get a lot of fake profiles and spam profiles trying to add you. If you don't want to be spammed, don't accept them! You won't be at any loss!

Looking forward to this year so much! Get involved in as much as you can and make the most of being in first year!

If you've got any questions feel free to PM me or quote me. I've been here a while now and experienced a lot!
Original post by punctuation
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: congrats!!! see you in psych lectures? :h:

Thank you :smile: :smile: :smile: Yes! Got my results now: A*A*A so try and stop me coming to those psych lectures! I went for catered in the end, may I borrow your oven? XD
Thank you :smile: :smile: :smile: Yes! Got my results now: A*A*A so try and stop me coming to those psych lectures! I went for catered in the end, may I borrow your oven? XD

Oh man! Wow! Congrats! :biggrin: Hahah you may. :tongue: Which were your first and second choices? :smile:
Reply 2188
I'll see you guys in September/October :biggrin:
somehow got A*A*A* i have no idea what to do. Apply to Oxbridge or stick with Bristol :/
Original post by Jackkkkk
somehow got A*A*A* i have no idea what to do. Apply to Oxbridge or stick with Bristol :/

Wow, congrats man! :biggrin: Good luck with your decision, I will see you this October if you decide on Bristol. :smile: Are you on the facebook group?

It depends what you want really. If I wasn't already a year older (did my AS's over two years cause I was ill) I'd be in the same shoes but I know I definetly want to go to uni this year. If you've got money to have a gap year and have an awesome time then by all means apply again... but it can be quite depressing at home otherwise when all your friends are having a blast at uni especially as getting those grades isn't a guaranteed oxbridge ticket - you have to impress at the interview from what I've gathered.

I also know that my oxbridge friends, don't seem to have time to do all the extra curriculars a lot of people do at uni and just generally enjoy being a student because they have short terms with a huge workload! But then again if you really want to know if you could have made it to oxbridge and think you'll regret not finding out and think everything would be worth it, then go for it. Only you can decide!
Original post by punctuation
Oh man! Wow! Congrats! :biggrin: Hahah you may. :tongue: Which were your first and second choices? :smile:

Again thank you! How'd you do at whatever you uncanny canadians do? YAY COOKIE BAKING TIME! Um Wills was my first and Churchill second, how about yourself? Oh and I may get facebook again soon... I feel like I'll probs miss out if I don't and I've missed parties this summer because people forget I don't use it anymore. If I do may I add you? :wink:
Again thank you! How'd you do at whatever you uncanny canadians do? YAY COOKIE BAKING TIME! Um Wills was my first and Churchill second, how about yourself? Oh and I may get facebook again soon... I feel like I'll probs miss out if I don't and I've missed parties this summer because people forget I don't use it anymore. If I do may I add you? :wink:

Hah I did well, thanks. We got our results at the end of June actually.

Ooh yay, cookies!

Goldney first and CHH second.

YES, you may definitely add me! PM me when you get Facebook and I'll tell you my username. :party:
Reply 2194
anyone been confirmed a place for Aeronautical Engineering at Bristol???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2195
anyone been confirmed a place for Mathematics and Statistics G1GH at Bristol?
NEUROSCIENCE UNDERGRADUATE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can't WAIT to get to Bristol!!!! So damn excited!!

Anyone else applied to Churchill for accommodation?
Original post by absolutelypolly
NEUROSCIENCE UNDERGRADUATE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Can't WAIT to get to Bristol!!!! So damn excited!!

Anyone else applied to Churchill for accommodation?

YEAAHHHHHHH congrats! :biggrin:

No guarantee on Oxford acceptance next year and will have to take a year off. Bristol IMHO in terms of Psychology just as good a course anyway and has great kudos. Up to you but Bristol is a great option and great city to be a student in.

Fantastic results by the way. Well done!!!

:smile:
Reply 2199
Original post by albus
anyone been confirmed a place for Mathematics and Statistics G1GH at Bristol?

Do you mean Mathematics with Statistics (G1GH)? If so, then yes, I have :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest