The Student Room Group

Oral Health Sciences 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Holly-246
My interveiw at dundee was on the 19th of jan too :biggrin:. Have u heard back yet ???

Cool! I was there in the morning, what time was yours? :smile: and nope, I haven't heard anything. Wby? x
Reply 21
mine was at 10.45 and no i haven't heard anything yet either.
Reply 22
Hello, I have been offered a place in Essex for 2012, has anyone else ? It would be good do get in contact with someone who has to get to know them before uni:smile:
Reply 23
Is there anyone one here that is studying oral health science at Edinburgh?
Reply 24
Original post by chloxo11
Hello, I have been offered a place in Essex for 2012, has anyone else ? It would be good do get in contact with someone who has to get to know them before uni:smile:

Hiya, I've been offered a place at Essex as well! :smile: Looking forward to starting now x
Reply 25
Original post by Dayna1990
Hiya, I've been offered a place at Essex as well! :smile: Looking forward to starting now x

Hello have you got your result yet or are you a dental nurse ? I find out tomorrow if I have got in to essex ! Im so scared ! fingers cross! x
Reply 26
Original post by chloxo11
Hello have you got your result yet or are you a dental nurse ? I find out tomorrow if I have got in to essex ! Im so scared ! fingers cross! x

I got in too! Yaya so excited/scared ! Do you live around Essex or staying in halls?
Also do you have Facebook? X
Has anyone had an interview for Oral health science at Dundee?
Do you have any tips or questions they ask?
Reply 28
Original post by paulaslawinska
Has anyone had an interview for Oral health science at Dundee?
Do you have any tips or questions they ask?

Meee, on 6th of Feb at 11:00 .... I do not know what to expect:frown: I am qualified dental nurse and when I had my exams in June we got play role tasks as well. I suppose they will check our ability to deal with stressful situations, difficult patients etc to be honest I cant wait as I am fed up with typical interviews
Reply 29
Original post by alicia123
Meee, on 6th of Feb at 11:00 .... I do not know what to expect:frown: I am qualified dental nurse and when I had my exams in June we got play role tasks as well. I suppose they will check our ability to deal with stressful situations, difficult patients etc to be honest I cant wait as I am fed up with typical interviews

I also have an interview on the 6th of Feb, mines is at 15:00.
At the open day the woman said that the 'role play' stations were usually things like you are sat with someone and you are told to teach them to play a card game but they have been told to play it really badly. It is just to test your patience and communication skills.
I had my interview at UHI last week and they just asked questions like "why do you want to do this course?" "do you know the difference between a hygeinist and a dental therapist?" "what areas of responsibility do you have in your life?" and "give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person". It was pretty relaxed but I assume that the Dundee one will be more full on:/ I really want to go to Dundee!!
Reply 30
Original post by shazstevo
I also have an interview on the 6th of Feb, mines is at 15:00.
At the open day the woman said that the 'role play' stations were usually things like you are sat with someone and you are told to teach them to play a card game but they have been told to play it really badly. It is just to test your patience and communication skills.
I had my interview at UHI last week and they just asked questions like "why do you want to do this course?" "do you know the difference between a hygeinist and a dental therapist?" "what areas of responsibility do you have in your life?" and "give an example of a time when you had to deal with a difficult person". It was pretty relaxed but I assume that the Dundee one will be more full on:/ I really want to go to Dundee!!

Are they gonna give us any instructions how to play card game hahah?! because i do not play card games at all so it will be even more difficult for me to teach someone..... sounds like fun :/ do you know anything about tasks that check your manual skills as I know they want to see that as well.
You are right, UHI interview was really relaxed, they asked me similar questions. Thanks!:smile:
Reply 31
Are they gonna give us any instructions how to play card game hahah?! because i do not play card games at all so it will be even more difficult for me to teach someone..... sounds like fun :/ do you know anything about tasks that check your manual skills as I know they want to see that as well.
You are right, UHI interview was really relaxed, they asked me similar questions. Thanks!:smile:

It might not be a card game, but I asssume they would give us instructions.. I think it would be a simple game like snap though! I don't have a clue about any manual skills task..
I know that at some nursing interviews they give you a picture of a senario and ask you to describe what is/could be going on. You just have to describe it in a way that shows you have care and compassion!
What uni is your first choice?

Mines is also on the 6th of Feb, but at 3pm! I'm really scared but I'm guessing it will be something different then usual so should be too bad! Good luck!
Reply 33
Mines is also on the 6th of Feb, but at 3pm! I'm really scared but I'm guessing it will be something different then usual so should be too bad! Good luck!

Update me in the evening on Wednesday, how was it for you etc:biggrin: maybe we both get a place hahaha fun:smile: Stay positive !! :smile: Did you have your interview at UHI ? how did it go for you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by shazstevo
It might not be a card game, but I asssume they would give us instructions.. I think it would be a simple game like snap though! I don't have a clue about any manual skills task..
I know that at some nursing interviews they give you a picture of a senario and ask you to describe what is/could be going on. You just have to describe it in a way that shows you have care and compassion!
What uni is your first choice?

My first choice is Dundee as I can go home every weekend, its just 1.10h away from Aberdeen and this is where I come from :smile::smile:
Reply 35
My first choice is Dundee as I can go home every weekend, its just 1.10h away from Aberdeen and this is where I come from :smile::smile:

Dundee is my first choice too!
Update me in the evening on Wednesday, how was it for you etc:biggrin: maybe we both get a place hahaha fun:smile: Stay positive !! :smile: Did you have your interview at UHI ? how did it go for you?

Yeah hopefully we do:smile: and I had it on the 31st of January, I thought the written part was okay but not enough time and the actual interview was a okay but I had to wait for over an hour after my time of interview to actually go in which didn't help my stress! The questions weren't to bad! Did you have one at UHI? How did it go for you? Did you hear back from any other universities yet?
Reply 37
Yeah hopefully we do:smile: and I had it on the 31st of January, I thought the written part was okay but not enough time and the actual interview was a okay but I had to wait for over an hour after my time of interview to actually go in which didn't help my stress! The questions weren't to bad! Did you have one at UHI? How did it go for you? Did you hear back from any other universities yet?

You are not the only one.... I was waiting over an hour as well :] Not yet, i had my interview in Dundee today, so now I can only wait. I really liked the form of the interview in Dundee, all questions were based on really life situation and that was great!! UHI was fine, I was there last year so I knew what to expect. Before you ask, I was unsuccessful last year as i did not clearly answered the question about role of dental hygienist and dental therapist.
You are not the only one.... I was waiting over an hour as well :] Not yet, i had my interview in Dundee today, so now I can only wait. I really liked the form of the interview in Dundee, all questions were based on really life situation and that was great!! UHI was fine, I was there last year so I knew what to expect. Before you ask, I was unsuccessful last year as i did not clearly answered the question about role of dental hygienist and dental therapist.

Aw I'm sorry to hear:frown: you will get in this year:smile: I liked the Dundee interview style! I though it was pretty fun! Where else did you aply!? And what is your top choice?
Reply 39
Aw I'm sorry to hear:frown: you will get in this year:smile: I liked the Dundee interview style! I though it was pretty fun! Where else did you aply!? And what is your top choice?

My first choice is Dundee as I live in Aberdeen, so I want to be close to my family and boyfriend :smile: I also applied to Edinburgh and Glasgow but I am already unsuccessful to Glasgow because I do not have higher English. Still waiting for Edinburgh. And you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending