The Student Room Group

Biotechnology 2012 Applicants

Hi there....is it just me or i dont know... but i cant seem to find a thread for biotechnology applicants so i thought i'd create one.... so all those who are planning to/have applied/got offers for biotechnology are welcome to share your queries and experiences here :smile:

And as for me ...I'l be starting my course at University of Hertfordshire this september :smile:
I've been accepted to study biotech at Cardiff uni and I can't wait to go. I'm doing a placement year in the middle.
I can't seem to find anything on biotech either.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Same here but I heard it's not that good career choice ? Hm?

Reply 3
Hey,

I think i'll be doing biotech at Cardiff. I say "think" because they offered me a change of course in adjustment, however i will have to do a preliminary year as well. Does anyone know what that will consist of? But hey, i see >Clarky< is Cardiff too? see you there!
Reply 4
Hi my friends, Biotechnologists!

That's so true, there is so little about Biotechnology here. Tsk, we have to change that!
I will be doing Biotechnology with a placement year in industry at the University of York and I'm very excited! I can't wait until all of this starts in Oct! :biggrin:
Reply 5
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by MPN
Hi my friends, Biotechnologists!

That's so true, there is so little about Biotechnology here. Tsk, we have to change that!
I will be doing Biotechnology with a placement year in industry at the University of York and I'm very excited! I can't wait until all of this starts in Oct! :biggrin:

Ill be doin biotech in september in Glasgow
I'm also excited
Good luck anyway :smile:
Btw York is excellent university

Reply 7
Original post by Turkan
Ill be doin biotech in september in Glasgow
I'm also excited
Good luck anyway :smile:
Btw York is excellent university

Hi! Congrats on getting to Glasgow! :biggrin: I've been there once, a truly beautiful city

Thank you! I wish you all the best with your studies too! I's gonna be superb!
What is Biotech (I am basically an A2 student)

Just wanted to know, i've tried searching it up, but nothing really clear, what does the course consist of ?

And what is the difference between that and biochem ?

Thinking of picking one or the other!
Reply 9
Original post by StudyingHelp
What is Biotech (I am basically an A2 student)

Just wanted to know, i've tried searching it up, but nothing really clear, what does the course consist of ?

And what is the difference between that and biochem ?

Thinking of picking one or the other!

Hi
It depends what u r planning to do ?!
If bachelor I'd recommend biochem because after that u can pursue career both in chem and bio industry by doin master in related field
If u ask for master then I'd recomend biotechnology because it's growing field and u can find job in many areas like ecology,food, n etc
By choosing biochem for master u ll work only in medicine field I think
Hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest