The Student Room Group

Worried about Pharmacology, getting into Liverpool?

I received (and accepted as my first choice) and offer of pharmacology at Uni of Liverpool, after all of my exams, I'm feeling really nervous about my results in August. The offer I was given was ABB, but I think due to letting myself down in Physics unit 5, I might have only got ABC or at worst ABD.

Does anyone know anyone / is at Liverpool university and been let in even if their grades have slipped?

My back up is Uni of Hertfordshire, I wouldn't mind at all going there, I've just kind of had Liverpool as the place I really want to go and don't want to miss out on going,

Any help to stop me worrying frantically would be brill
I'm in the same boat as you, funnily enough for Pharmacology too :smile:
While I'm sure you've done great in your exams considering they have to fill their placements I'm sure you'll be fine if having slipped a grade.
Considering this year is apparently meant to be a bit different with the higher payment and with the smaller amount of applicants (at least, with the interviews there didn't seem too many?) I'm sure it wont be too bad.

I'm trying to ell myself this anyway as some sort of comfort! But after these exams I'm sure we're not the only ones feeling that way.

Have some faith :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 2
Hello! :-)

I don't know if they will allow you to get in with lower grades but U shouldn't be pessimistic and think that you did not do well your exams!

Good luck and hopefully I will see you in 2 months as I am going there as well :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Same boat for Biomedical Science :frown:

I paniced right after my first exam which kinda messed it up for the others but i've gone for the "let's just see what happens" approach :smile:
Thanks everyone who replied, I was fortunate enough to get in, I did slip a grade in physics but still confirmed a place :biggrin:
Original post by Ani45
Hello! :-)

I don't know if they will allow you to get in with lower grades but U shouldn't be pessimistic and think that you did not do well your exams!

Good luck and hopefully I will see you in 2 months as I am going there as well :biggrin:

Did you get in? :smile:
Original post by mintmoonshine
I'm in the same boat as you, funnily enough for Pharmacology too :smile:
While I'm sure you've done great in your exams considering they have to fill their placements I'm sure you'll be fine if having slipped a grade.
Considering this year is apparently meant to be a bit different with the higher payment and with the smaller amount of applicants (at least, with the interviews there didn't seem too many?) I'm sure it wont be too bad.

I'm trying to ell myself this anyway as some sort of comfort! But after these exams I'm sure we're not the only ones feeling that way.

Have some faith :smile: I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thanks, sorry for the month or two late reply but everything went okay in the end, are you studying pharmacology at liverpool aswell?
Reply 7
Original post by john_tranter103
Did you get in? :smile:

Hey .. Umm .. I haven't received my results yet. I know what I have achieved and I met my condition but unfortunately the exam board (Edexcel) messed up my results and I cant prove it .. I am still waiting tho, hopefully they will send my results before the deadline :frown:

Well done to you :smile:
Original post by Ani45
Hey .. Umm .. I haven't received my results yet. I know what I have achieved and I met my condition but unfortunately the exam board (Edexcel) messed up my results and I cant prove it .. I am still waiting tho, hopefully they will send my results before the deadline :frown:

Well done to you :smile:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll be sorted in time for uni :smile: what are you studying? And thank you :biggrin:
Reply 9
Don't worry I'm sure you'll be sorted in time for uni :smile: what are you studying? And thank you :biggrin:

In Liverpool? - Pharmacology! :smile:

Original post by Ani45
In Liverpool? - Pharmacology! :smile:

Well done :smile: I'll be seeing you in September then :P are you staying in the uni halls or private ?

Reply 11
Well done :smile: I'll be seeing you in September then :P are you staying in the uni halls or private ?

Ummm private. How about you?

Do u have facebook? :smile:

Im in uni halls, roscoe and Gladstone :smile: and yeah, I think its www.facebook.com/johntranter103
alrite? ... im probs the same age as you .. but i took a gap year so im applying this year to liverpool for pharmacology.... (got an interview! :biggrin: ) I just wanted to ask you guys, whats it like studying pharmacology at liverpool? If you work hard can you still have a social life and still do well in the exams? Or are the exams a bit of a hit and miss even if you revise well? Also im sure its just nothing .. but liverpool was pretty low in the subject tables, if there a reason why? << its probs nothing anyway ... and LAST QUESTION, i swear :P... how are the people at liverpool? are they friendly or are there still idiots who still think there in sixth form?

Thanks for you help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending