The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Those Yodel apes dented my Zippo :angry:
Reply 3281
SERIOUSLY getting pissed off with Apple. I feel like throwing my iPod touch in the bin, it's pissing me off.

The useless iCloud it can't sync ****. The notes folder in the mail app disappeared, I've ended up with a new Apple ID that I don't ****ing want, I had to do a FULL reset so I've lost EVERYTHING (well **** got it on the ****ty iTunes) but that doesn't ****ing matter because iTunes on Windows is like thinking you won the jackpot but realising you never bought a ticket because you are too ****ing lazy too.

15th hour trying to find a solution to why my notes won't sync:

1) Ended up with a @me.com e-mail address I don't want
2) Ended up ringing arranging for Apple technical support line to ring me (and yet I don't know if I will be charged). It could get worse if I get charged because I will go into a (minus) with Halifax and have to pay a penalty of £10.
3) Notes never worked originally because it was down for >2% of people and I happened to be one of them BUT yet the guy on the phone didn't mention this, I found out online.
4) FULL reset. Have to sync everything, adjust settings etc... :angry:
5) I've got an extra Apple ID that I don't want so now I'm waiting for them to cancel it (hopefully they won't cancel the one with the purchases) or I'd be really pissed off.
6) My card won't get accepted in my original account so that's pissing me off as well.

/rant

I now see why you lot dislike Apple.

**** SAKE
Original post by wizard710
Even Yodel are doing a good job for a change. Hope the estimated delivery will shorten but with the bank holiday, I'm not hopeful

Yodel are utterly utterly incompetent.

Incompetent is too nice a word... :colonhash:
Original post by mangoh
SERIOUSLY getting pissed off with Apple. I feel like throwing my iPod touch in the bin, it's pissing me off.

The useless iCloud it can't sync ****. The notes folder in the mail app disappeared, I've ended up with a new Apple ID that I don't ****ing want, I had to do a FULL reset so I've lost EVERYTHING (well **** got it on the ****ty iTunes) but that doesn't ****ing matter because iTunes on Windows is like thinking you won the jackpot but realising you never bought a ticket because you are too ****ing lazy too.

2) Ended up ringing arranging for Apple technical support line to ring me (and yet I don't know if I will be charged). It could get worse if I get charged because I will go into a (minus) with Halifax and have to pay a penalty of £10.
3) Notes never worked originally because it was down for >2% of people and I happened to be one of them BUT yet the guy on the phone didn't mention this, I found out online.
5) I've got an extra Apple ID that I don't want so now I'm waiting for them to cancel it (hopefully they won't cancel the one with the purchases) or I'd be really pissed off.
6) My card won't get accepted in my original account so that's pissing me off as well.

/rant

**** SAKE

I'm saying nothing.

:teehee:
Reply 3284
Original post by Mad Vlad
I'm saying nothing.

:teehee:

PRSOM :biggrin:

EDIT: Am I the only one in the Universe that never has a computer problem I can't fix through some means of hackery magic?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Tathrim
PRSOM :biggrin:

EDIT: Am I the only one in the Universe that never has a computer problem I can't fix through some means of hackery magic?

:colone:

Nope. There's always a fix or a work around.
Original post by mangoh

/rant

**** SAKE

Quality post, mangoh. First time for everything it seems
**** you ebuyer and your ****ty distribution. My CPU has been stuck between goods allocated and security check for 48hrs now
Reply 3288
Original post by mikeyd85
:colone:

Nope. There's always a fix or a work around.

Before I started fresh my computer was more patch and workaround than anything else :yep:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my E15i
Why have some of my files disappeared? I was moving some files around and suddenly 2-3 folders I think disappeared. Search get the results and shows they are where they were, but when you "open file location", they don't turn up i.e. "refers to a location which is unavailable".

edit: fixed it
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3290
Original post by S-man10
Why have some of my files disappeared? I was moving some files around and suddenly 2-3 folders I think disappeared. Search get the results and shows they are where they were, but when you "open file location", they don't turn up i.e. "refers to a location which is unavailable".

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Have you checked the recycle bin and hidden folders?

Original post by A.J10
Have you checked the recycle bin and hidden folders?

I was about to delete the post, nvm it worked out :yy:
Original post by S-man10

Anyone know what is wrong here?

Lesson to be learned here:

Never, ever, ever Cut and Paste files. Use Copy and Paste, then delete the source files. I've lost far, far too many bits (and bytes! :awesome: ) of data due to bad cut and paste operations.
Original post by wizard710
**** you ebuyer and your ****ty distribution. My CPU has been stuck between goods allocated and security check for 48hrs now

I've never had any problems with ebuyer, but then again I have only used them about 5 times.

Maybe you seem dodgy so they decide to check you out :tongue:

EDIT: Time to install windows 8
Just read a post on HUKD replying to a laptop deal:

I know I stand in line until you think you have the time
To spend an evening with me
And if we go someplace to dance, I know that there's a chance
You won't be leaving with me
And afterwards we drop into a quiet little place and have a drink or two
And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like "Intel® HD Graphics"

Can't help but think; :lolwut:
Original post by Tathrim

I take it you've never had a hardware problem?

Not much you can hack if your RAM chip (I think that's the term, the controller for RAM) goes kaput, a capacitor on your mobo springs a leak or your hard drive dies. Unless you call disaster recovery hackery magic for the last one.
Original post by hassi94
Just read a post on HUKD replying to a laptop deal:

Can't help but think; :lolwut:

Isn't that a Robbie Williams song?

*ahem* It was Frank and Nancy Sinatra, covered by Robbie and Nicole Kidman.
Original post by + polarity -
Isn't that a Robbie Williams song?

*ahem* It was Frank and Nancy Sinatra, covered by Robbie and Nicole Kidman.

I'd like to say I'm cool enough to know the Frank Sinatra version (have it on my ipod :u (greatest hit album)) but never heard the Robbie Williams one (to my recollection).

Oh and it was on the simpsons once (sideshow bob). So yeah.
I still don't know why anyone would post that though. :p:
Reply 3299
Original post by Chrosson
I take it you've never had a hardware problem?

Not much you can hack if your RAM chip (I think that's the term, the controller for RAM) goes kaput, a capacitor on your mobo springs a leak or your hard drive dies. Unless you call disaster recovery hackery magic for the last one.

I wasn't really counting hardware, I was talking about for software (as the case was with mangoh's Apple problems). But, you're right, I'm quite lucky with hardware.

Latest

Trending

Trending