The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Richmond Park...What exactly do we get?

Hey guys,

Just a quickie, while doing/starting my pre uni shopping for all the bits and bobs I need it struck me that I dont actually know what we get in the halls.

Do we get a desk chair? If not where is the best to get one?
Will they provide toaster/microwave/kettle?
Do we get a clothes airer/clothes horse?

Also where the heck are all the people from richmond park? I hardly find any in the big halls thread.

Regards
Matt:smile:
Heyy I'm in Richmond Park as well :smile:
This is their website: http://www.richmondparkhall.net/
And the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/RP1213/

All of the answers to your questions will be there, and if not, just ask!
(we do get a desk chair btw)
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Oh awesome thank you! You there this year? 12/13? What you studying?

Matt
No probb ^^
Yeah I'll be there this year, W.1.03.021. So excited! I'll be taking Business Studies and Politics, you?

I'm Georgé :smile: (pronounced jor-jay)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Hello Georgé, yeah I'll be there too studying biomedical science!

I'll find my room number in a minute as I'm on my phone.

Matt
Reply 5
Here is my room number ...W.3.32.252. Can't wait now, not entirely sure what my room number means haha.

Matt
Ouuu so you're in Willow Court, 3rd floor, flat 32, room 252.
Unfortunately there isn't an elevator so enjoy lugging your things up the stairs when you move in haha :P
Reply 7
Ah cool thank you for that haha! You willow court too? You'll have to help me hahaha!

Know any others in willow court?
lol yeah sure xD
There are lots in the facebook group, but I have yet to meet any one in the same flat as me. :frown:
Reply 9
Haha I'll find you on the day then, do you have Facebook? Using this forum is a right pain on my phone haha
Reply 11
Original post by Matt_Lumley
Hey guys,

Just a quickie, while doing/starting my pre uni shopping for all the bits and bobs I need it struck me that I dont actually know what we get in the halls.

Do we get a desk chair? If not where is the best to get one?
Will they provide toaster/microwave/kettle?
Do we get a clothes airer/clothes horse?

Also where the heck are all the people from richmond park? I hardly find any in the big halls thread.

Regards
Matt:smile:

You'll get a desk chair, but none of the other things. There's lots of washing/drying machines in Fallowfield Campus, so you can do it all yourself, I doubt you'll need a dryer. Don't get any of the other things until you arrive in Manchester - see what everyone else is bringing with them. If you need to buy any of it, Sainsbury's is very very close, and will do everything quite cheaply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending