The Student Room Group

Suggest me a good film to watch

Scroll to see replies

oh, but you did put the usual suspects on, check again
How highly would you recommend Rear Window? I really would like to see that film!
Original post by CrazySugarRabbit
How highly would you recommend Rear Window? I really would like to see that film!

Very highly indeed. It's a classic. Aside from the fact that I adore :love: Grace Kelly :love: you have James Stewart too. Can't go wrong!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4223
Think I might settle down and watch Lawrence of Arabia this afternoon :smile:
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Very highly indeed. It's a classic. Aside from the fact that I adore :love: Grace Kelly :love: you have James Stewart too. Can't go wrong!

James Stewart really made his name with this, apart from It's A Wonderful Life. I love that film. I've been watching a lot of modern films so I think it's high time I check out the oldies! :biggrin:
Original post by xbanksx
Think I might settle down and watch Lawrence of Arabia this afternoon :smile:

Wonderful movie.
I like Romcoms, though I have watched that many I think I may have watched them all. I love quirky films too, like (500) Days of Summer, Adventureland and Girl, Interrupted.

Give me as many ideas as you can, please. I'll give you cake if you do.
Reply 4227
Along came poly
Shawshank redemption
oh wow, um... hehe - i love the list: romcom, kinda-romcom, - suicide/depression/mental health drama :P

+ um, if you like unusual romantic comedies though, try eternal sunshine of a spotless mind :smile:

:eek: actually its just came to me!

combining your list of romcoms and mental health drama... - try:

'veronika decides to die'

its kinda an emotional romantic film, about 2 people who meet in a mental health hospital and fall in love... - its pretty good (alot lighter then i make it out to be) - and has a great ending :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Womb Raider, Close encounters of the behind, the Rodfather, a tale of two titties and phallus in wonderland are all classics.

But in all seriousness; if you're looking for a romcom then I suggest The Graduate
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4231
big stan,
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Avengers maybe
The Godfather Trilogy. All you'll ever need.
Original post by fallen_acorns
oh wow, um... hehe - i love the list: romcom, kinda-romcom, - suicide/depression/mental health drama :P

+ um, if you like unusual romantic comedies though, try eternal sunshine of a spotless mind :smile:

:eek: actually its just came to me!

combining your list of romcoms and mental health drama... - try:

'veronika decides to die'

its kinda an emotional romantic film, about 2 people who meet in a mental health hospital and fall in love... - its pretty good (alot lighter then i make it out to be) - and has a great ending :smile:

I watched ESOASM and it wasn't that great as people made it out to be, deffo not one of my fave films. I'll take a look at the 2nd recom.

Original post by michaelhaych
Womb Raider, Close encounters of the behind, the Rodfather, a tale of two titties and phallus in wonderland are all classics.

They sound interesting. Very interesting. Gonna get straight into that. FANX
Go and watch the Shakespeare Retold version of Taming of the Shrew. It's hilarious and somehow adorable as well. I promise it's really funny. It's on youtube. :smile: And not in annoying parts, just the whole film.
Thank you guys
Original post by thecrimsonidol
The Godfather Trilogy. All you'll ever need.

Except for Godfather III which is truly awful and a very bad error. Parts I and II are superb, but III is an afterthought and execrable.
Reply 4238
I just watched Nostalgia for the Light. What a breathtakingly beautiful, wonderfully directed and moving film. Highly recommended!
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Except for Godfather III which is truly awful and a very bad error. Parts I and II are superb, but III is an afterthought and execrable.

I don't know, it wasn't all THAT bad. Granted not a patch on the first 2, but a nice little epilogue in a way.
That said, if they'd stuck with the original plan and paid Robert Duvall enough money and done the whole Michael Corleone/Tom Hagen war thing they planned, it might have turned out pretty damn good.

Quick Reply