The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry: F321 & F322 revision notes

For anybody doing this exam in the summer, I've comprised a revision file answering the specification.
This should be useful in covering the theory side of Chemistry for anybody who needs it.
Don't forget that these are only revision notes, they will not guarantee you will pass. Some people don't learn from reading the notes of others so I would suggest using the textbook in conjunction with the notes to clarify anything that may seem vague to you.

Also, for those doing OCR Biology, lexafish did a set of notes before I did these so I'll link you to her page as well -

Bio F211, F212, F214, F215 - lexafish Biology Notes

F321 - Chemistry.pdf

F322 - F322.pdf - and a reactions flow-chart Chemistry_flowchart.png

F323 is the coursework element, there are no notes for this.

F324 can be downloaded here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/eeao9d83ct2a4mo/Unit+4+v3.pdf

F325 is can also be viewed here - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?vyw614p0pr5cxyg - direct download is here http://www.mediafire.com/download/vyw614p0pr5cxyg/Unit+5+v2.pdf
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thankyou SO much :biggrin: doing my retake, this is exactly what i needed! your a lifesaver :smile:
Reply 2
There is a revision day at Guildford Surrey Uni for OCR chem in a couple of weeks, after Easter. Take a look here

http://store.surrey.ac.uk/browse/product.asp?catid=156&modid=1&compid=1
Reply 3
Do you have one for F322 ?
Reply 4
Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Thats absolutely brill!! Can i have f322 if you have it pleaseeee :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 6
Amazing! Thank you! Do you have one for F322?
Reply 7
I'm currently writing one for F322, so stay tuned.
It should be finished within the next few days.
Reply 8
hey, do you have the one for f322 yet :smile: thankyou
Reply 9
Finished F322 yet? Thanks :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by herothing11
I'm currently writing one for F322, so stay tuned.
It should be finished within the next few days.

F322 finished yet ? and thanks for F321
You, sir, are a lifesaver. I send you cybercookies in thanks
Got F322 yet?
I'm in serious need of help with everything!!!
Reply 13
It will be finished today. Sorry for the long wait, there's a lot to produce for this one.
Please keep checking.
Reply 14
Ok.
Sorry for the tardiness, but F322 is here.
This contains the revision list as well as a flowchart showing the reactions you will need to know.

F322.pdfChemistry_flowchart.png
Reply 15
The way to remember Oxidation of Alchols is EASY.

They all add up to three.

1 Carbon --> reacts twice
2 Carbons ---> Reacts Once
3 Carbons ----> no reaction

1 + 2 = 3
2 + 1 = 3
3 + 0 = 3

With the naming of them: Think in Alphabetical order, Aldehyde..... then Carboxylic acid ..... then Ketone

Personally I find the chemical sustainability questions utter ****. Everything else :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 16
for anybody doing this exam in the summer, i've comprised a file answering the specification.
This should be useful in covering the theory side of chemistry for anybody who needs it.

Chemistry.pdf
F322.pdf
Chemistry_flowchart.png

you are the best!!! You are a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankyouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!! :d
For anybody doing this exam in the summer, I've comprised a file answering the specification.
This should be useful in covering the theory side of Chemistry for anybody who needs it.

Chemistry.pdf
F322.pdf
Chemistry_flowchart.png

You.Are.My.Hero.

:smile:
You are the greatest guy ever!!! I can't thank you enough. Would you be able to do notes for OCR Chemeistry F334 and F335 for A2, thanks you legend!!!!!!
Reply 19
Original post by Jimmy20002012
You are the greatest guy ever!!! I can't thank you enough. Would you be able to do notes for OCR Chemeistry F334 and F335 for A2, thanks you legend!!!!!!

I am doing notes for F324 and F325, yes! But not for F334 and F335, since they are Salters. :frown:
I've finished the drafts, I'm just going through them now to spot any errors and/or expand on a few things. Then I should be able to post them.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply