My boyfriend is! He isn't on TSR but yeah, he's really excited :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by JSam1994
My boyfriend is! He isn't on TSR but yeah, he's really excited :biggrin:

Yay! He got in! Fantastic news! =D

Is he staying in halls? If so which one?
Original post by PurpleJazzHands
Yay! He got in! Fantastic news! =D

Is he staying in halls? If so which one?

I know! I'm so proud of him :biggrin: he's just living at home cos he only lives about 20 minutes away. We got an offer to live in Magnet Court but I missed my offer so we can't afford it, hopefully next year though when I reapply! Were you at the open day with us? I had red hair and my boyfriend had longish brown hair and glasses, probably don't remember us haha! :tongue:
I know! I'm so proud of him :biggrin: he's just living at home cos he only lives about 20 minutes away. We got an offer to live in Magnet Court but I missed my offer so we can't afford it, hopefully next year though when I reapply! Were you at the open day with us? I had red hair and my boyfriend had longish brown hair and glasses, probably don't remember us haha! :tongue:

Omg! I think I remember you! XD I went to the visit day, were you sat at the front? I don't think there's anything that stands out about me apart from the fact that I'm black and was with my mum haha.
Good luck for next year!
Reply 564
Original post by harrosop
Hey, I'm applying for Classics :smile: anyone else doing the same?

me too i think!
Omg! I think I remember you! XD I went to the visit day, were you sat at the front? I don't think there's anything that stands out about me apart from the fact that I'm black and was with my mum haha.
Good luck for next year!

Yeah we were at the front, and yes i remember you and your mam! :tongue: well done for getting in! My boyfriends name is Damian, he's a lovely guy, really friendly, not much of a talker though haha, he can't wait to start, he's really excited :biggrin: and thank you! i'll try my best to get in next year so fingers crossed! :crossedf:
Yeah we were at the front, and yes i remember you and your mam! :tongue: well done for getting in! My boyfriends name is Damian, he's a lovely guy, really friendly, not much of a talker though haha, he can't wait to start, he's really excited :biggrin: and thank you! i'll try my best to get in next year so fingers crossed! :crossedf:

Lol that's crazy! I remember wondering if I would be spending the next 3 years with anyone in the room! XD
I'm Lydia. I'm really excited aswell! Been making uni preparations of all kinds! lol
I'm sure you'll be fine? What are you going to do in your gap year? I did a foundation course, which I guess they really liked, because I got crappy A levels! XD
Lol that's crazy! I remember wondering if I would be spending the next 3 years with anyone in the room! XD
I'm Lydia. I'm really excited aswell! Been making uni preparations of all kinds! lol
I'm sure you'll be fine? What are you going to do in your gap year? I did a foundation course, which I guess they really liked, because I got crappy A levels! XD

Well hi Lydia, my name is Jade :biggrin: Damian isn't showing his excitement too much around me cos he knows how much i wanted to get in, i'm really happy for him though :smile: I'm doing another year of sixth form :frown: I got ACC in my A levels and i need to get my C in French up to an A :frown: i think i was really harshly marked though, my French teacher was sure i'd get an A and i only got a C so i have to resit. When i rang Newcastle they said the only thing i could do is resit, i just highly doubt i can get an A considering i tried my best and was really harshly marked :mad: I really didn't want to do another year of sixth form cos i'll be in classes with my younger sisters friends! How embarrassing! So where are you from? Do you have to travel far to get to Newcastle? :smile:
Well hi Lydia, my name is Jade :biggrin: Damian isn't showing his excitement too much around me cos he knows how much i wanted to get in, i'm really happy for him though :smile: I'm doing another year of sixth form :frown: I got ACC in my A levels and i need to get my C in French up to an A :frown: i think i was really harshly marked though, my French teacher was sure i'd get an A and i only got a C so i have to resit. When i rang Newcastle they said the only thing i could do is resit, i just highly doubt i can get an A considering i tried my best and was really harshly marked :mad: I really didn't want to do another year of sixth form cos i'll be in classes with my younger sisters friends! How embarrassing! So where are you from? Do you have to travel far to get to Newcastle? :smile:

Bless, that's so sweet of him! If I were you, I'd consider doing an art foundation. I got ABC at a level and I retook the B, which was art, but my provisional offer was based on a distinction on my course. I was going to take a year to do maths a level but the head of 6th form at my college said I was better off doing a foundation course and when I called the universities that's what they were interested in and not the a level. In the end I missed my offer and got a merit, but because I was doing to retake they still accepted me.
Anyway, it's up to you. You've still got plenty of options at the moment :smile:
I'm from London, so quite a long way when driving! XD the most difficult thing is going to be adapting to the weather! lol
Original post by aeyurttaser13
Biomedical sciences, u? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh, hi!
Just creeping into your conversation to say hello to someone on the same course as me.
Can't wait to meet you all :biggrin:
Original post by sophiesticated
Oh, hi!
Just creeping into your conversation to say hello to someone on the same course as me.
Can't wait to meet you all :biggrin:

heey! i just read the other thread, you did IB too! so nice to know someone who survived the 2 years of death :tongue: how did you do? where are you staying?
heey! i just read the other thread, you did IB too! so nice to know someone who survived the 2 years of death :tongue: how did you do? where are you staying?

Ended up getting 37 :colondollar:
No idea how. All my teachers said there was no way I'd ever get more than about 33/34.
Two years of death is a VERY good way of describing it.
I'm in Castle Leaves, Hiscock House. Where are you?
*ahem* Sorry, Leazes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sophiesticated
Ended up getting 37 :colondollar:
No idea how. All my teachers said there was no way I'd ever get more than about 33/34.
Two years of death is a VERY good way of describing it.
I'm in Castle Leaves, Hiscock House. Where are you?
*ahem* Sorry, Leazes.

haha unlike you, i was expected to get a 38-40 but when my offer was 32, i didn't study as hard and got a 34 :tongue:
I agree, it's one of the only ways it can be explained with a simple statement!
I'm in Leazes too! but in Tyne House, Eustace Percy.. I guess we should be close though! :smile: add me on Facebook if you want btw:
http://www.facebook.com/ercanyurttaser
haha unlike you, i was expected to get a 38-40 but when my offer was 32, i didn't study as hard and got a 34 :tongue:
I agree, it's one of the only ways it can be explained with a simple statement!
I'm in Leazes too! but in Tyne House, Eustace Percy.. I guess we should be close though! :smile: add me on Facebook if you want btw:
http://www.facebook.com/ercanyurttaser

That's pretty close :smile:
I've found hardly anyone in Hiscock House, so I think I must have a floor to myself :cool:
That would make sense.

The two years of death is awful, but at least we don't have to do CAS. Or TOK.
Happier already :smile:
Reply 574
Bayles house, freeman hall castle leaze anyone ?
Bit of a long shot but is anyone doing Philosophical Studies? (: can't be many kicking around with the size of our course but meh
Reply 576
I will be there too . I like penguins .
Reply 577
I am still waiting for my accommodation . If anyone else is message me , I have been informed we will likely end up in non en suite and that lots of people who already have been given their accommodation had to do catered . I have really good house if some people want to join a house share message me . They will start giving the remaining people their accommodation this week . That was the main reason for this account . I also like squirrels .
Reply 578
just got my offer! castle leazes self catered washbasin.. damn i missed the en suite :tongue:
but i guess that's cool too :biggrin:

heyy! i got castle leazes with washbasin too :P where's yours? im in havelock hall, elsdon house
Original post by gonchanya
heyy! i got castle leazes with washbasin too :P where's yours? im in havelock hall, elsdon house

Hey I'm in tyne house, eustace percy hall.. No idea how close those are :tongue: what course are you doing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending