The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Revision Notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Raj K
hi there! did you just use these notes in you revision then? did you keep rewriting them? the thing is i think they really helped me in unit 2 AS bio that's how i got my A (: thankyou ..and then i used them for F214 but didnt get an A ): how did you revise to get your A's? right now it seems so impossible for me ):

I'll explain to you my revision strategy, because I think it will make more sense in context.

Most of my revision was done by going through the textbook and my notes and drawing pictures etc., to try to get it in my head. And then a day or two before the exam I would write the notes that I've shared above. I would also draw pictures to supplement them, but I couldn't get a scanner to add the pictures to the files. Writing them was how I crammed and how I kept calm before exams.
If I was in your position, using these notes would not help me with my A levels because reading other people's notes is not how I can revise effectively, my brain just doesn't work that way! You just need to find the right way to revise for you.
Thanks for these they're great. :smile: Going to be using the F215 ones along with past papers and booklets my teacher makes for each module.
Reply 102
Original post by lexafish
I'll explain to you my revision strategy, because I think it will make more sense in context.

Most of my revision was done by going through the textbook and my notes and drawing pictures etc., to try to get it in my head. And then a day or two before the exam I would write the notes that I've shared above. I would also draw pictures to supplement them, but I couldn't get a scanner to add the pictures to the files. Writing them was how I crammed and how I kept calm before exams.
If I was in your position, using these notes would not help me with my A levels because reading other people's notes is not how I can revise effectively, my brain just doesn't work that way! You just need to find the right way to revise for you.

Thankyou! but i must say they're still great because they're nice and condensed, and easy to read from rather than the whole detailed textbook..grateful ! dont know what i would do without them :/ lol thankyouuuuuuuuuuu eternally grateful (:
Wow, this may be nearly 2 years old but I'm doing edexcel, not OCR but some of the stuff is still relevant so thank you very much if you're still on TSR :h:
Reply 104
thank you for the notes :smile:
thats the way my teachers told me to make notes but i never have time and effort to do so.
i believe after reading your notes ill have a better understanding in those topics
Reply 105
our school gave out these notes the other day....
Reply 106
Thank you do so much! My notes were way to long and these are perfect. Very concise . Thanks so so much :smile:
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

You have produced some really good quality revision notes, i have used your notes for f214 and f215 only as a guide and have started to produce my own revision notes with a glossary of key biological terms that could help me get the higher marks.
i love you. that is all.
Reply 109
thanks so much, great last minute revision for the exam today! :biggrin:
Reply 110
great notes
Reply 111
I specifically joined this forum to say thank you :smile: I also make my notes but these are really condensed and good for testing knowledge. So thanks again!
Reply 112
They're not revision notes you've done, haha. Our teacher gave us the EXACT same copy of this so yeah, you've obviously got it from another source.
Reply 113
Original post by Silkyy
They're not revision notes you've done, haha. Our teacher gave us the EXACT same copy of this so yeah, you've obviously got it from another source.

I wrote them myself. They have my initials at the bottom. But it's not worth arguing with you about them.
Reply 114
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

Thank you sooooo much for these, enabled me to finish my written notes (I have to hand write it to remember it) on all the boring stuff on plants that could have taken me days otherwise! :biggrin:
Reply 115
Original post by Silkyy

One, the likelihood of your teacher being lazy is high, 2 why couldn't your teacher have just taken them from here, 3 even if they weren't hers, who cares, at least she posted them!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by Silkyy

what just because a teacher gives it to you it means she is lying. Grow up your teachers most likely got it from here as well.
Teachers for the most part are lousy, that's why they are teachers and not some high-flyer.
Seriously.
Schools plagiarize when they have no skills in making good notes and just copy and paste everything from the text book.
Lexafish, thank you.
I cannot express how grateful I am for the notes.
May the sun always shine on you.
Why can't I open them? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest