The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Village Whisper
The freshers ticket is like a mini version of the hall subs, I guess, because it goes towards activities/events planned by your hall for freshers week/fortnight
Hope that covers it; I'm not sure how else to explain it :tongue:

Hang on, what exactly is a Fresher's ticket? I can't see any mention of it on any lboro site, aside from the Fresher's Ball Ticket.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say it's more like this:

Fresher's Fee - Compulsory, added automatically onto your first rent installment to take into account the days you spend in halls before your contract properly starts (the beginning of term)

Hall Subs - Compulsory, they provide funds for all the Hall specific events and stuff for freshers fortnight (and beyond?)

Fresher's Ball Ticket - Optional, Gets you entry into the Freshers Ball, but is also included in the optional...

....Platinum/Platinum Extra Card - Optional, A huge chunk out of my savings, which should hopefully save me money in the long run through free entry on certain nights, drinks offers, some Freshers Fortnight stuff prepaid for, and the Fresher's Ball Ticket (Extra).

Feel free to point out if I'm wrong, now I'm getting confused!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 901
Original post by Moleymann
Hang on, what exactly is a Fresher's ticket? I can't see any mention of it on any lboro site, aside from the Fresher's Ball Ticket.

Fresher's Fee - Compulsory, added automatically onto your first rent installment to take into account the days you spend in halls before your contract properly starts (the beginning of term)

Hall Subs - Compulsory, they provide funds for all the Hall specific events and stuff for freshers fortnight (and beyond?)

Fresher's Ball Ticket - Optional, Gets you entry into the Freshers Ball, but is also included in the optional...

....Platinum/Platinum Extra Card - Optional, A huge chunk out of my savings, which should hopefully save me money in the long run through free entry on certain nights, drinks offers, some Freshers Fortnight stuff prepaid for, and the Fresher's Ball Ticket (Extra).

Like someone else said, freshers ticket pays for stuff in hall during freshers. Its optional and only available for some halls, so if you havent seen anything about it and your hall hasn't told you otherwise, I dont think you need to worry about it :smile:

Freshers ball ticket is different, and pays only for the freshers ball. Also optional :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moleymann

I hadn't heard of a freshers ticket either, until some people on here mentioned it. Have you looked on your hall page on the lufbra.net website? If it's not an option, don't worry about it because it should be included in your fresher subs (the subs option might say "social events included"/"including wristband" or something like that). If you click on Rutherford though, for example, there is the option of buying a "Freshers Week Wrist Band" as well as the compulsory subs.

I think the rest of what you said is right, other than the hall subs including freshers week events. Most of them seem to (i.e. they've added on the cost of the freshers week stuff onto the subs for the rest of the year, so it's just one price), but not all of them do (e.g. Rutherford).
Reply 903
AFAIK it's only Rigg-Rut with the ticket option. I've looked at some of the other halls (but not all, so correct me if I'm wrong) and they only have the hall subs :smile:
Reply 904
Original post by Alxndra
AFAIK it's only Rigg-Rut with the ticket option. I've looked at some of the other halls (but not all, so correct me if I'm wrong) and they only have the hall subs :smile:

It's 'cos we have the biggest and best fresher's week planned, obviously :wink:
Reply 905
Original post by Xenite

Oh yes :top:
Original post by Xenite
Original post by Alxndra

I stand corrected!

Haven't even arrived at Harry French yet, but I'm getting this urge to refute that statement and reply with one stating how awesome HF is.

This must be that inter hall rivalry everyone keeps going on about!
Reply 907
Hey guys was looking for a bit of help. I wen to buy the platinum extra card (might aswell take the plunge) and it wouldnt let me login to the uni system. I have already retrieved my credentials so is it the username and password from that?
Original post by Gokul1
Hey guys was looking for a bit of help. I wen to buy the platinum extra card (might aswell take the plunge) and it wouldnt let me login to the uni system. I have already retrieved my credentials so is it the username and password from that?

Yeah, it should be. Your username is probably related to your name/initials (mine is five letters long), and the password should be a bunch of numbers/letters. If that's what you're using, are you sure you're not logging into the wrong bit? On the login page it's the middle box, not the one on the right that says guest/college or something.

If you're doing all that, then I don't know what's wrong other than maybe typing the password wrong. You could always call the IT people?
Although we haven't moved in yet can we already started posting things to our halls?
OR is there a chance someone will just take them
Original post by cashmoneyorg
Although we haven't moved in yet can we already started posting things to our halls?
OR is there a chance someone will just take them

Not sure why it would be a problem. If you've concerned then give your hall reception a call (the number should be on accommodation.lboro.ac.uk)
Reply 911
Original post by Xenite
Eep, paid for my hall subs and freshers ticket, and driving license so I've got some ID, so far it's already cost me £170... I might have to give Platinum Extra a miss then...

Anyone know when/how/where we can buy Freshers Ball tickets, if we haven't got Platinum?

Original post by Alxndra
Bought Platinum Extra, hall subs and fresher ticket :smile: sorry if this has already been asked but how do we pay the fresher fee (extra rent)? Do we just pay it with the first rent installment?

What is a 'freshers ticket'? I have paid for room bond, platinum extra, freshers subs and freshers pack do I need a freshers ticket? and how do I get one because it snot there when I go on lufbra.net, thanks.
Reply 912
Original post by Lmtaylor
What is a 'freshers ticket'? I have paid for room bond, platinum extra, freshers subs and freshers pack do I need a freshers ticket? and how do I get one because it snot there when I go on lufbra.net, thanks.

Freshers ticket is for Hazlerigg-Rutland hall :smile: if all it says is freshers subs and freshers pack then this will cover your hall's activities during freshers I believe :smile:
Reply 913
Original post by Alxndra
Freshers ticket is for Hazlerigg-Rutland hall :smile: if all it says is freshers subs and freshers pack then this will cover your hall's activities during freshers I believe :smile:

I see! thank you for your help :smile:
Original post by KazMan
Email [email protected] and ask them to send you a registration pack, or inbox me your email address I can forward it to you

Does it matter If I have not sent back the registration pack before I arrive?

Yes. You won't be registered as a student otherwise.

You'll have to register at some point but you'll end up standing in a really really big queue into one of the admin buildings on one of the first few days of term to be able to do it.
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You'll have to register at some point but you'll end up standing in a really really big queue into one of the admin buildings on one of the first few days of term to be able to do it.

I've asked them for a new one but haven't been sent it yet. i hope i dont have to queue!
I've asked them for a new one but haven't been sent it yet. i hope i dont have to queue!

I had to in my second year because I'd forgotten to re-register. I think it took about an hour so it wasn't that bad, just obviously it's unnecessary if you can get it sorted beforehand :smile:
Reply 919
Got my timetable today, can't wait to get started! Less than 6 days now :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending