The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Anyone else Living at home rather than in halls?

Is anyone else starting their first year in a few days going to be living at home rather than in halls?

X

Charlotte
Reply 1
Yup - I live in the Sutton Coldfield area, it takes about 30 mins on the train to the university from here. Not bad!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Yup in selly oak !! Its not bad since i moved in here already !!! 10 minutes walk to the uni
Reply 3
You guys are lucky I have to catch two trains and walk through Birmingham... ^_^
Reply 4
Original post by charlotteb93
You guys are lucky I have to catch two trains and walk through Birmingham... ^_^

Youll get used to it! :wink:
I had to catch a train and then walk to Uni and found it annoying at first, but after time it felt ok! :smile:
Reply 5
:smile: hehe that's quite reassuring thank you :smile:
Reply 6
Hey, if anyone stills wants to move into halls. I am looking to move ouut. My accomodation is Maple Bank on the vale village. Ring this number between 9-5 and they can sort you out 0121 414 8000
Original post by charlotteb93
Is anyone else starting their first year in a few days going to be living at home rather than in halls?

X

Charlotte

Me :smile:

Living in Wolverhampton.

Two trains and a walk.
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Maicccccmannnn;39598928"]Me :smile:

Living in Wolverhampton.

Two trains and a walk.[/QUOTE
I am now 3rd yr student and i llive at home too. It takes me around 40-45 mins...one metro jorney plus train plus walk in town. I also have couple of friends in my course who travel by train from wolverhampton.... I guess you will get used to it. Furthermore it depends on your timetable. how manytimes a week you have to come in.
Original post by Ruhuofaston
Original post by Maicccccmannnn
Me :smile:

Living in Wolverhampton.

Two trains and a walk.

I am now 3rd yr student and i llive at home too. It takes me around 40-45 mins...one metro jorney plus train plus walk in town. I also have couple of friends in my course who travel by train from wolverhampton.... I guess you will get used to it. Furthermore it depends on your timetable. how manytimes a week you have to come in.

Yeah, my journey is identical :smile:

I come in every day but Monday.

However I plan to structure each day as a 9-5 so that I make the journey as efficient as possible. I feel just coming in for one lecture is no time effective.

How hard did you find the first year?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Maicccccmannnn
Yeah, my journey is identical :smile:

I come in every day but Monday.

However I plan to structure each day as a 9-5 so that I make the journey as efficient as possible. I feel just coming in for one lecture is no time effective.

How hard did you find the first year?

i study medical science and found my first two years not too bad, the first semister was tough but then got used to it. 2nd year is usually the killer... what you studying?
Original post by Ruhuofaston
i study medical science and found my first two years not too bad, the first semister was tough but then got used to it. 2nd year is usually the killer... what you studying?

Psychology :smile:
Reply 12
Postgrads student here commuting from coventry. 40mins not bad and can get to read material on train. So the time is not wasted.

Quick Reply