The Student Room Group

Mature student starting Edge hill uni.... scared !?!

Hi all,
Just wondering if there are any mature students starting Edge Hill uni this Sept? I'm kinda worried I'll be the oldest on my course.
I'm doing Sports Therapy by the way.
Any replies would be appreciated.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by nicfletch
Hi all,
Just wondering if there are any mature students starting Edge Hill uni this Sept? I'm kinda worried I'll be the oldest on my course.
I'm doing Sports Therapy by the way.
Any replies would be appreciated.
Thanks

Are you over 40 or under 40?

(I'm not going to Edge Hill btw, just wondered what was defined as 'old')
Reply 2
Haha Im 25.
will feel like Im 40 if Im the only mature student on my course.
Reply 3
Original post by nicfletch
Haha Im 25.
will feel like Im 40 if Im the only mature student on my course.

25? Seriously, stop worrying. No-one will even notice.

You could always email the course tutor or someone and ask how many mature students will doing the course this year.
I am going to Edge Hill too. I am only doing Part time. I am 38 don't worry about it. Can't wait to get started now. I don't think I am doing the freshers nights out thou. I am a bit too old now.
Reply 5
Original post by Studentforlife
I am going to Edge Hill too. I am only doing Part time. I am 38 don't worry about it. Can't wait to get started now. I don't think I am doing the freshers nights out thou. I am a bit too old now.

Holy ****! :eek: What have been you doing during 20-37 years of your life?
Reply 6
Original post by Juichiro
Holy ****! :eek: What have been you doing during 20-37 years of your life?

Thats a bit rude :eek:.

He's probably been living life to the full. During those same years I lived in three different countries and had a really exciting career. Mature students come with far more than just age, don't assume that because we didn't do the university thing when we were kids that we've been living a wasted life.
Reply 7
Original post by jami74
Thats a bit rude :eek:.

1-He's probably been living life to the full. During those same years I lived in three different countries and 2-had a really exciting career. 3-Mature students come with far more than just age, 4-don't assume that because we didn't do the university thing when we were kids that we've been living a wasted life.

Why is it a bit rude? I just showed surprised. Is that rude?

1- Or maybe he has not been doing so. Don't make unwarranted assumptions.

2- Yet you left that exciting career.

3- So do we, "immature" students.

4- That's an unjustified assumption of yours. I never suggested nor implied that. All I said was that being 38 years old is quite old for a student. That is true, if age is something you feel uncomfortable with, maybe your experienced life didn't give you a much needed self-esteem after all.
For your information Juichiro I have a BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts and a BTEC HND in Performing Arts (Music) I also work full- time and an Semi pro musician. Alot has changed within the Music Industry with the past few years. I need to update my skills set thats why I am going back to Uni now.
Reply 9
Original post by Studentforlife
For your information Juichiro I have a BTEC National Diploma in Performing Arts and a BTEC HND in Performing Arts (Music) I also work full- time and an Semi pro musician. Alot has changed within the Music Industry with the past few years. I need to update my skills set thats why I am going back to Uni now.

Really??? :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending