The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2200
How do i join societies in Canterbury?? HELP!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by spun29

Societies Fayre on thursday
Original post by spun29

Original post by Maccabees
Societies Fayre on thursday

The Societies Fayre (and then the Sports and Volunteering Fayre on Friday) will have stalls for all of the different societies and give you information about them, so you can take a look at what you're interested in and so on (and find societies you never knew existed... I've been told there's a Quidditch society this year), and join mailing lists but then you actually join them either online (on the Kent Union website) or in Mandela, as you have to pay to join most societies (all volunteering is free though), and committee members aren't supposed to handle money.
Original post by River Shadow
The Societies Fayre (and then the Sports and Volunteering Fayre on Friday) will have stalls for all of the different societies and give you information about them, so you can take a look at what you're interested in and so on (and find societies you never knew existed... I've been told there's a Quidditch society this year), and join mailing lists but then you actually join them either online (on the Kent Union website) or in Mandela, as you have to pay to join most societies (all volunteering is free though), and committee members aren't supposed to handle money.

Where is the fayre btw?
Original post by Maccabees
Where is the fayre btw?

Eliot Car Park. :smile: Go down the stairs outside Eliot and you're right there. There may be stuff in the Plaza as well (there was last year), which is just a massive tent between Marlowe and the shops. :smile:
Reply 2205
where is the nearest washing machine to darwin?
Original post by itsdave
where is the nearest washing machine to darwin?

In Darwin College? Go right by Darwin Reception (as you face the lecture theatres), and go through the door signposted 'Missing Link' (before the doors into the conference area - it's barely a turn). *I think* (having to remember back three months here) you follow the corridor (it goes through some doors) until you get to the outside door leading to some of the Darwin College blocks, and walk past the blocks until you get to the end. On the left, down some stairs, is the laundrette. I hope this makes sense - relying on memory from last year when the side door which I usually went through (I lived in Darwin Houses) was locked, so I don't know the route through the college that well.

You can check there are washing machines available here: http://www.laundryview.com/lvs.php?s=731. You can select the relevant laundry room and see which washing machines and tumble dryers are free, and also how long they've got left to run. Very useful!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Hi any Architecture Freshers, check the welcome week timetable as its changed slightly :-) find it on the student transition for Architecture on Moodle :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by River Shadow
Eliot Car Park. :smile: Go down the stairs outside Eliot and you're right there. There may be stuff in the Plaza as well (there was last year), which is just a massive tent between Marlowe and the shops. :smile:

Not this year (for various reasons). :rant:
Original post by Champagne Supernova
Not this year (for various reasons). :rant:

Ah OK. :smile: I suppose there's still building work going on by Jarman and Marlowe isn't there?
Reply 2210
Original post by mrspriesty
Hi any Architecture Freshers, check the welcome week timetable as its changed slightly :-) find it on the student transition for Architecture on Moodle :-)

Thanks, but I just arrived yesterday, and haven't attend any meeting of Archi:frown:
could u tell me sth about it?

Althea
Reply 2211
where is the sports club event on friday?
Original post by Redd9
where is the sports club event on friday?

In Eliot Car park, the same as the Society fayre on Thursday :h:
Hi Althea,

There are more events tomorrow such as a Library introduction and a moodle training session. Depending on your group will depend on what time your training session is so I'd go to the Marlowe building in the morning and speak to Kendall in the office. She will be able to help you. The lectures we received basically introduced us to the course and told us what to expect. Monday you need to bring in your shoebox and shelter project and also paints, or colouring materials as we have art.

Think that's all :-)

Take care

Paula

Reply 2214
guys what time is the societies fair? I hope i didnt miss it already
Original post by Redd9
guys what time is the societies fair? I hope i didnt miss it already

1pm, Eliot car park
Reply 2216
Hey :smile:

Just wondering when we pay for society membership, where and when do we collect the membership cards, as no indication is given??

Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hello:D
Hey :smile:

Just wondering when we pay for society membership, where and when do we collect the membership cards, as no indication is given??

Thanks

You can pay for membership at any time, either online on the Kent Union website, or in the Mandela Building. You don't get membership cards, but the committees get given a membership list.
Reply 2218
Original post by mrspriesty
Hi Althea,

There are more events tomorrow such as a Library introduction and a moodle training session. Depending on your group will depend on what time your training session is so I'd go to the Marlowe building in the morning and speak to Kendall in the office. She will be able to help you. The lectures we received basically introduced us to the course and told us what to expect. Monday you need to bring in your shoebox and shelter project and also paints, or colouring materials as we have art.

Think that's all :-)

Take care

Paula

Thanks, and I attened the group4 workshop introduction yesterday~
I will join the moodle one today but I affraid that I will be absent in library session~:tongue:

Could I bring sth like watercolor or Acrylic paint on Monday~?:biggrin:

Many thanks again,
Althea
Yes I'm sure that would be fine. He just said bring colours lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending