The Student Room Group

Is it too late to remark A level?

Hi, basically when results day came I was 2 or so ums marks away from an A in English, but because I wasn't going to Uni, I didn't really think much of it and didn't bother with a remark. However, now, I'm thinking that in the future if I did want to go to Uni it would be useful to have an A in English.

The exam board was OCR English Lit.

So is it too late to have it remarked? I took my A2 English exam in Jan 2012 and did my c/w in June 2012. Can I get my c/w remarked?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Unfortunately, it looks like it's too late. The PDF document below shows the key dates for OCR, including the 'Enquiries about results' service which I'm pretty sure is the service you need for remarking.
Under the orange box titled 'Results' on page 4: "Enquiries about results applications to be received by OCR by 20 September 2012"
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - the exact same happened to me last year!
I think if it's really serious you might be able to write to the exam board but you'd have to talk to your school/college.

http://pdf.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_49989_admin_key_dates_2011_12.pdf?
Reply 2
Original post by 7M33R
Hi, basically when results day came I was 2 or so ums marks away from an A in English, but because I wasn't going to Uni, I didn't really think much of it and didn't bother with a remark. However, now, I'm thinking that in the future if I did want to go to Uni it would be useful to have an A in English.

The exam board was OCR English Lit.

So is it too late to have it remarked? I took my A2 English exam in Jan 2012 and did my c/w in June 2012. Can I get my c/w remarked?

Thanks.

Sorry, it's not possible for 2 reasons:
1. The deadline for applying for re-marks was 20 September.
2. You can't get a re-mark of coursework that is marked by the school and then eternally moderated. The only option is that, if the centre marks have been moderated down, for the school can pay for the whole lot to be re-moderated (as long as they had applied by 20 September). If the centre's submitted marks are unchanged then there is nothing you can do.
Reply 3
Original post by Data
Sorry, it's not possible for 2 reasons:
1. The deadline for applying for re-marks was 20 September.
2. You can't get a re-mark of coursework that is marked by the school and then eternally moderated. The only option is that, if the centre marks have been moderated down, for the school can pay for the whole lot to be re-moderated (as long as they had applied by 20 September). If the centre's submitted marks are unchanged then there is nothing you can do.

Wow that sucks :frown:. Oh well, thankfully this AAT qualification I'm doing is worth 160 UCAS points, so I would still be able to apply to a half decent Uni if I wanted to. I'm more disappointed because English was my fav subject and I always felt I deserved an A, to be that close is really annoying. I guess I only wanted an A just so I could say I got one, like a pride thing. ABC sounds better than BBC, but that said, A Levels are only really there to get you into Uni which is in turn there to get you into a job. I already have a job, so my A levels don't matter as much anymore.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest