The Student Room Group

Hong Kong tycoon offers any man $65 million to marry his lesbian daughter.

A Hong Kong shipping tycoon has offered a $65 million "marriage bounty'' to any man who can win the heart of his lesbian daughter, a report said today.

Cecil Chao announced the financial reward of HK$500 million after his daughter, Gigi, married her same-sex partner of seven years in France earlier this year, the South China Morning Post reported.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind hearted,'' 76-year-old Chao was quoted as stating.

"Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work,'' he added.

Hong Kong shipping tycoon Cecil Chao with his daughter, Gigi, who has married her girlfriend in France. Same-sex marriage is not recognised in Hong Kong. Picture: Facebook

He also rejected "false reports'' that Gigi, 33, had married abroad, saying she was still single.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/world/hong-kong-tycoon-cecil-chao-reportedly-offers-any-man-65-million-to-make-his-lesbian-daughter-gigi-their-wife/story-fnd134gw-1226481996789

Seems like he's having trouble accepting that his daughter is a lesbian. So who is booking tickets to Hong Kong?
(edited 11 years ago)
I'll do it.
Reply 2
Wow poor girl :frown: She should be free to marry whoever the hell she likes.
Reply 3

I'd do it
Reply 4
poor guy
Top Dadlad.
Reply 6
Sign me up. As a gay we'd be perfect for each other as neither of us would want sex.
Reply 7
Just split the money with her and why wouldn't she agree to it? Then just take the money and go your own separate ways. Sorted.
Reply 8
Pick me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending