The Student Room Group

Ex deleted me off fb after I deactivated my account

Signed back onto fb after a couple days going quiet and deactivating my account only to find the ex of around a month had removed from fb.
Can anyone enlighten me as to why she would do this?

When we split, she was like don't cut me out of your life and I just said I would do my thing for awhile and text her when I felt up for it.
Obviously, I haven't felt up to it but now I query should I get in touch and raise the issue with her?

Should add, when I deactivated my fb I post a status saying I had stuff to deal with kinda like a reference to what we spoke of

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Signed back onto fb after a couple days going quiet and deactivating my account only to find the ex of around a month had removed from fb.

When we split, she was like don't cut me out of your life and I just said I would do my thing for awhile and text her when I felt up for it.
Obviously, I haven't felt up to it but now I query should I get in touch and raise the issue with her?

Should add, when I deactivated my fb I post a status saying I had stuff to deal with kinda like a reference to what we spoke of

She probably doesn't want you in her life anymore.

Because you started the facebook passive-aggressive game playing by posting a status "saying I had stuff to deal with kinda like a reference to what we spoke of" and by deactivating your account only to sign back in after a "couple of days" and she can't be bothered with you and wants to move on?

No you should not get in touch and raise it, you should move on too.

</harsh truth>
Reply 3
Did she actually delete you or deactivate her account?

Like the above poster said, she probably doesn't want you in her life any more and wants to move on.
Reply 4

Because shes trying to get over you? Considering you said you wanted to do your own thing, it seems a bit rich now you getting in a tizzy over her deleting you.

I would leave it, whatever you say, however you ask will sound accusatory.
Reply 5
She was only with you for a month, get over it. Also it's Facebook...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
You deactivated your Facebook so what exactly has she done wrong? No need to keep a deactivated account on there, I've done the same thing. Personally I keep my **** off of Facebook. It's not a diary, it's a public social networking site. If there's something between you and her and you post it on Facebook then, if I were her, I'd be a bit annoyed about it too. If you want to text her then text her but no need to bring up the Facebook thing really.
Reply 7
Ex's are ex's for a reason, I wouldn't get too wound up, instead see it as an opportunity to move on with your life instead of following her page etc. :} If it does get to you that much, do contact her as you may be able to patch things up, better than losing someone out of your life completely because that would give the impression that you simply do not care.
Yeah, she didn't want to cut you out of her life, but she changed her mind when she realised you can't deal with stuff at the same time as having a facebook account.
I always delete accounts that have been deactivated. It's probably nothing personal (although obviously I guess you're an ex for a reason).
You deactivated your account and then your ex removed your inactivated account from facebook. Where's the issue?
Reply 11
I think that i'd pretty pissed off after telling someone I wanted to stay in touch and then they deactivated their account...

just a thought
Reply 12
Original post by Stevo112
I think that i'd pretty pissed off after telling someone I wanted to stay in touch and then they deactivated their account...

just a thought

Well yeah but Facebook isn't the only way of keeping in touch with people? If the relationship is over I won't think the whole deactivation revolved around me and maybe there were some other issues at play.

OP, I might also delete the person who deactivated because I would assume it to be be permanent. I would try not to look into it too much. If you really want to keep in touch you could just send a casual text along the lines of "Hey, how are you? I deactivated my fb for a while but if you still want to keep in touch I'd be happy to".
Reply 13
You can't delete people whilst that person is de-activated as they appear invisible. :confused:
Reply 14
Original post by Linnerzx
Well yeah but Facebook isn't the only way of keeping in touch with people? If the relationship is over I won't think the whole deactivation revolved around me and maybe there were some other issues at play.

Why else would a guy deactivate his fb profile?

Also, the girl may not have assumed it was a deactivation. She may have assumed that the guy had deleted her (which is a bit ****ty for her).

facebook is a big part of keeping in touch with people, but your right it is not the only way. The thing is though, fb is a BIG part of keeping in touch with people. If you delete someone from fb then they will hate you! Trust me it is true! So in the case of op, his ex may have assumed deletion and thus took appropriate steps herself. Also, I would like to question WHY OP IS DEACTIVATING HIS FB PROFILE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! What is the point? I reckon the point was to make a point to his ex in which case she is perfectly justified to delete him.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Stevo112
Why else would a guy deactivate his fb profile?

Also, the girl may not have assumed it was a deactivation. She may have assumed that the guy had deleted her (which is a bit ****ty for her).

facebook is a big part of keeping in touch with people, but your right it is not the only way. The thing is though, fb is a BIG part of keeping in touch with people. If you delete someone from fb then they will hate you! Trust me it is true! So in the case of op, his ex may have assumed deletion and thus took appropriate steps herself. Also, I would like to question WHY OP IS DEACTIVATING HIS FB PROFILE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! What is the point? I reckon the point was to make a point to his ex in which case she is perfectly justified to delete him.

The only types of deactivating I've really witnessed are people around exam time who want less of a distraction, in which case I would let him off, and the other type is what you're saying at the end. If it was to get a reaction, shame on you OP!

Also, if she thought he had deleted her... how could she delete him? Impossibru!
I think basically everything you're saying is pretty valid, but I think both parties are potentially overthinking the whole situation.
Reply 16
Original post by Linnerzx
The only types of deactivating I've really witnessed are people around exam time who want less of a distraction, in which case I would let him off, and the other type is what you're saying at the end. If it was to get a reaction, shame on you OP!

Also, if she thought he had deleted her... how could she delete him? Impossibru!
I think basically everything you're saying is pretty valid, but I think both parties are potentially overthinking the whole situation.

I'm going from personal experience mind you...

I did something similar a few years back... deactivated my fb account to make a point to an ex and she deleted me despite me wanting to stay friends with her. I mean now I couldn't give a monkeys but at the time I deactivated my account purely to make a point to my ex and nothing else. I fear the OP may have been firing along those lines in which case my comment is very accurate. Me personally I couldn't give a monkeys any more. If a girl takes the piss with me she gets deleted, otherwise she remains on fb.
Reply 17
Don't even bring it up with her. She'll probably get all big headed and think you have been missing her so have resorted to checking her Facebook daily, until you realised she had deleted you. She will think that you can't live without her, and she will think she is the best thing since sliced bread.
Original post by Michaelj
You can't delete people whilst that person is de-activated as they appear invisible. :confused:

This, whilst the account is deactivated they can't delete you as the profile doesn't show on friends list. I think there's a way around this by blocking them, but I doubt most people try it (it might not even work anymore).
Who actually broke it off, in any case is it any wonder she deleted you off in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending