The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Biol4 January 2012 pre- exam discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2500
Original post by thegodofgod
I'm a re-sit applicant, so I'm re-sitting BIOL1 and BIOL4 in Jan 2013; they're only a few days apart, IIRC.

i am exactly the same as you! i am finding things a lot easier though second time around, so i just hope i get the grades i need :smile:
Original post by rm.xo
i am exactly the same as you! i am finding things a lot easier though second time around, so i just hope i get the grades i need :smile:

Yeah, especially because I went over the difficult bits in both units for the synoptic in BIOL5 back in June, and I resat BIOL2 in June too, so I'm basically doing with whole A level in 1 academic year :rofl:
Reply 2502
Original post by thegodofgod
Yeah, especially because I went over the difficult bits in both units for the synoptic in BIOL5 back in June, and I resat BIOL2 in June too, so I'm basically doing with whole A level in 1 academic year :rofl:

omg, im the same! i resat my biol2 in june too! biol5 was a bitch thoug, i thought id done so well, and the paper was great, and i got a C :s

overall ive got a B in a level bio, but i want an A. Trying to get my grade up without having to resit biol5 hahaha
Original post by rm.xo
omg, im the same! i resat my biol2 in june too! biol5 was a bitch thoug, i thought id done so well, and the paper was great, and i got a C :s

overall ive got a B in a level bio, but i want an A. Trying to get my grade up without having to resit biol5 hahaha

Wtf? I'm exactly the same as you! I got a C in BIOL5 and a B in BIO6X, tried to get them both remarked and BIOL5 stayed the same and BIO6X went down by 2 UMS :indiff:

So I'm not 22 UMS off an A instead of 20 UMS :sigh:
Reply 2504
Thats mad! You're a lot closer to an A than i am though. Ive got:
BIOL1 C
BIOL2 A
BIOL3 (ISA) A
BIOL4 B
BIOL5 C
BIOL6 (ISA) A

I need 32 more UMS for an A!

What have you got in your modules?
hi guys can someone answer my biol3 question pls http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=40104972&highlight=biol3
Also how do you revise for biol4? The nelson thomas books are good but biol4 is application of knowledge which I find difficult...
I'm on a gap year, resitting biol1,2 and 4 in jan. I definetly feel I can pull off good grades, just need to focus alot more in the exams.
Reply 2508
anyone got any pastpaper qustions on individual topics? hardyweinberg principle and speciation and selection ?
Reply 2509
Original post by Smiley Face :)
This was a reallly hard paper in my opinion! Think its unfair that there are soo many how science works questions

That's exactly what i thought!

Quick Reply

Latest