The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Oright everyone!

I'm on seasonal at the minute... but when's double discount day? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 2641
Original post by I.am.bored
Oright everyone!

I'm on seasonal at the minute... but when's double discount day? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Tomorrow and Wednesday
Original post by Radio
Tomorrow and Wednesday

What!? Really? Good job I asked!!

Time to buy my alcohol supply for the year! :smile:

Thanks alot.
:confused::confused: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHARE ANY KNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE ABOUT CASH OFFICE.I GOT A JOB IN ASDA Cash office and its very confusing
thanksxx
Original post by sarah ali
:confused::confused: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHARE ANY KNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE ABOUT CASH OFFICE.I GOT A JOB IN ASDA Cash office and its very confusing
thanksxx

Is that why you posted on my profile?

I work on Grocery and only turned 18 a few months ago so they wouldn't let me anywhere near the cash office... good logic...

But if you don't get it you'll have to tell your colleagues or manager etc.

Are you new? How long have you worked there?

Thanks alot.

A £100's worth of alcohol isn't going to last a year :P
Original post by twinkle.twinkle
A £100's worth of alcohol isn't going to last a year :P

Coupled with what I already have it should do...

But yeah, probably last a month or two :wink: Good observation! :cool:
Reply 2647

Thanks alot.

No problem, enjoy :smile:
Forgot to pick up a double discount leaflet for my mum (she's on my card)- can someone PM me a pic of the leaflet or list all the details so I can email my mum.
She's going tonight and I don't want her to do it wrong and get me sacked :/ haha
Original post by sarah ali
thanksxx

How long have you been doing it? Things are always going to be confusing at the start, you'll pick it up. :smile:
Original post by Standard Procedure
Forgot to pick up a double discount leaflet for my mum (she's on my card)- can someone PM me a pic of the leaflet or list all the details so I can email my mum.
She's going tonight and I don't want her to do it wrong and get me sacked :/ haha

All the info is on the greenroom page
Thanks for that.

And why have I never heard of the Greenroom?!
Very helpful, thanks for that. One question though- I remember in our canteen there was leaflets that said £100 limit on grocery. Someone said that was like Xmas decorations, Xmas chocolate, etc- though on the Greenroom it doesn't imply a limit?
thanks yeah hope you didnt mind,noone was getting back to me on this.Its been seven week or so.I am getting the hang of it but there is still alot to learn,im scared to tell management just in case they get rid of me :frown:
Well if you we're that bad I'm sure you wouldn't be in the job. Your probably doing better than you think.
I don't work in the cash office so I can't give any tips. Just that if you have concerns then raise them with your colleagues and manager.
Reply 2655
Original post by Standard Procedure
Very helpful, thanks for that. One question though- I remember in our canteen there was leaflets that said £100 limit on grocery. Someone said that was like Xmas decorations, Xmas chocolate, etc- though on the Greenroom it doesn't imply a limit?
No, the Christmas decorations etc fall into a different category completely. Groceries is food items, except beers wines & spirits and fresh foods (which aren't eligible). I take it you must be in Scotland somewhere to have groceries included?
No I don't, which makes me think we must have had some stray Scottish leaflets!
Thanks though, we managed to sort it all out! :smile:
Reply 2657
Hey guys, I'm going to a Magic session tomorrow morning at the Pilsworth branch. I know that there are some group challenges which involve presenting back to everyone else in the room - I'm quite a quiet person and speaking in front of people makes me extremely nervous. What would those who have already been in this situation advise?

Also, how likely are you to get the job if you get through to the Magic session, and you're friendly but not overly talkative? I've applied for the checkouts if that makes any difference. Obviously I'd happily chat with customers on the job, but the interview session might not reflect that as I'd definitely be pretty nervous.

And finally, how are they with your hours? Do they ask you which days of the week you're free? The contract I've applied for is 16 hours a week, so if I say I'm free four days a week, would that be okay? Or would they want me to be fully flexible? I already do volunteering three days a week and really don't want to give it up. I'd be available all evenings and weekends though.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, also, it's only fixed term/temporary. Is it only going to be for a few weeks if I'm just a Christmas temp? Will it even be worth it if there's no hope of it becoming permanent?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2658
Original post by lp94
Hey guys, I'm going to a Magic session tomorrow morning at the Pilsworth branch. I know that there are some group challenges which involve presenting back to everyone else in the room - I'm quite a quiet person and speaking in front of people makes me extremely nervous. What would those who have already been in this situation advise?

Also, how likely are you to get the job if you get through to the Magic session, and you're friendly but not overly talkative? I've applied for the checkouts if that makes any difference. Obviously I'd happily chat with customers on the job, but the interview session might not reflect that as I'd definitely be pretty nervous.

And finally, how are they with your hours? Do they ask you which days of the week you're free? The contract I've applied for is 16 hours a week, so if I say I'm free four days a week, would that be okay? Or would they want me to be fully flexible? I already do volunteering three days a week and really don't want to give it up. I'd be available all evenings and weekends though.

Thanks.

Tbh buddy I was very nervous my self, and really it wasn't as bad as I made my self to believe it was. I'm Starting my first day 2moro in Robroyston branch, regarding the group interview I remember just introducing my self , some thing very simple Name and last employment, then they told us to get to know the person next to you , and then we had to tell the group something about them (I remember I by mistake made the person next to me not look like a good character lol & I didn't even mean it) and I think they then gave us an item and got us to tell them facts about it , (literately every thing is on the label) and I think after that they just gave us a few forms regarding any holidays etc etc . Then they phone you within a week to ask you to come in for a second interview , and honestly that was easy as hell , I think the person interviewing me was more nervous which made me relax lol , but honestly mate go in and just be your self . Good Luck
Reply 2659
Original post by NAS1F
I'm Starting my first day 2moro in Robroyston branch ...

Thanks. How many people were at your group interview? And any idea about the hours? And are you temporary or permanent?

Quick Reply

Latest