The Student Room Group

PGCE - Rejection / GTTR Question

Hello all,

Apologies if this has been asked numerous times - I can't find an exact answer. I have applied for my two Primary PGCE courses and just had my first choice rejected. I tried to add another course but it says "you can only apply for 2 primary courses". If my second choice also reject me does that mean that I have to wait until March to apply for any other courses through the 'extra' menu that I have read about?

I would really appreciate any help as its annoying me that I can't find this out on their website!!

David
Hi David! Yes, as far as I understand it all you have got it exactly right. If your second choice rejects you, you can only apply for a Primary course through the extra menu or clearing. On the other hand, have you had any Secondary school experience? Or will be able to get some before Christmas? As you could use your two other choices for PGCE Secondary application. Just giving you extra options if you really want to teach, especially if you have a specific subject in mind :smile: Good luck!
I thought we could add more choices, on the website it says this:

'If, at any time before Extra starts in mid-March, you do not hold a place and we cannot send your application to another training provider for consideration, we will send you an email asking you to check your application on Track. The Track service will ask you if you want to make further choices. If you have not provided a valid email address, we will send you a letter inviting you to make additional choices. You can make up to four new choices, including no more than two primary teaching courses.'

I really hope we can at least, I stupidly put two really competitive choices. I'm fairly sure if I don't get into the first the second will reject me straight away :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
I guess i'll just have to wait to see what happens with the second choice and keep my fingers crossed. I think its a very silly system...
Reply 4
Original post by flatmatesneeded12
I thought we could add more choices, on the website it says this:

'If, at any time before Extra starts in mid-March, you do not hold a place and we cannot send your application to another training provider for consideration, we will send you an email asking you to check your application on Track. The Track service will ask you if you want to make further choices. If you have not provided a valid email address, we will send you a letter inviting you to make additional choices. You can make up to four new choices, including no more than two primary teaching courses.'

I called up Ucas and this is the case. If the first two are rejected then we can then pick two more and so on. Its a rolling application. Problem solved!
Reply 5
I'd love to try the same -- apply for secondary if my primary app is rejected -- but how would you deal with the personal statement, which would be geared for primary? Is there any way to change it?

Quick Reply

Latest