The Student Room Group

Small external lump near my anus

Hi everyone,

I have a small external lump near my anus, it is literally right near where my poop comes out and is about the size of a pea. Initially I thought it was a pile however, could it be anything else? I have been keeping it clean and applying Sudocream. It isn't really painful however, when I'm walking/sitting down I can feel it in between my bum.

I don't want to see a doctor because it is not painful and I think it would be quite awkward showing him my anus (I'm a male and have an extremely hair ass).

Have any of you ever had anything like this, how long before it goes away?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ps- mods am i allowed to post a photo of it?
Genuine here:

Your medical solution is actually to 'Push it back in'.

Sometimes I marvel at medicines progress. This is not one of those times
Reply 3
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
Genuine here:

Your medical solution is actually to 'Push it back in'.

Sometimes I marvel at medicines progress. This is not one of those times

WTF push it back in, but it didn't even come out of my anus. It is attached to the skin near my anus, I think it would be impossible (and very painful) to push it into my bum-hole.
Get it checked out, though it most probably isn't too serious if you are young and don't have a significant family history. You should always get lumps checked- especially the ones that are not painful, as most cancers aren't painful at all initially.
Sounds like haemorrhoids. I'd reckon you're not getting enough fibre in your diet or you've strained too much on the toilet, or a mix of both.
I'm not a doctor though - if it persists, go to a doctor.
Reply 6
Original post by vortex_199
Get it checked out, though it most probably isn't too serious if you are young and don't have a significant family history. You should always get lumps checked- especially the ones that are not painful, as most cancers aren't painful at all initially.

:cry:
Reply 7
Original post by isawsparks89
Sounds like haemorrhoids. I'd reckon you're not getting enough fibre in your diet or you've strained too much on the toilet, or a mix of both.
I'm not a doctor though - if it persists, go to a doctor.

The other day I knew I was going to be out of the house all day so I tried to force out my poo (so that I didn't have to use a public toilet) so could it have resulted from that?
Could be a lot of things from a prolapse to a haemorrhoid. I would go to a doctor about it just to be safe. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
See your GP, I'm sure he/she will have seen many people's bottoms, don't worry if it's embarrassing okay?
Reply 10
Thanks for the replies everyone, I will give it some time. If it doesn't go within a week or two then I'll visit my GP.
Original post by Anonymous
:cry:

It's probably nothing, honestly, but go to your doctor anyways. They can hopefully put your mind at rest.
Reply 12
Thanks for the replies everyone, I will give it some time. If it doesn't go within a week or two then I'll visit my GP.

Could also be herpes :giggle:
Either way it should disappear in a week or so.
The other day I knew I was going to be out of the house all day so I tried to force out my poo (so that I didn't have to use a public toilet) so could it have resulted from that?

Yeah that'll be it then.
Reply 14
Honestly, it sounds like hemorrhoids/piles.

If possible have as good a look as you can, a mirror is often useful in this situation. Spend some time on google images looking at 'hemorrhoids' to get a feel of what you're looking at. Then compare it to what you can see yourself, if you're able to do that you should be able to confirm it or rule it out.

If you can confirm it looks similar, you don't NEED to go to the doctors, it usually sorts itself out within a week or 2. There's also a few home remedies that you can use such as a sugar solution.

Have a good examine of yourself and have a look on google and see if there's any resemblance or not and then let us know.

Obviously I'm not a doctor and I would seriously urge you to go ASAP - although I can understand why you may be hesitant.
Reply 15
sounds hot
Reply 16
Original post by GPH92
sounds hot

Creep.
Possibly a wart/cluster of warts
Firstly, go and see your GP and don't worry about getting examined. Not many people realise this but a doctor's perception of the examination is completely different to yours. The GP will be more worried about ruling out diganoses/trying to characterise the lump, he (you should see a male so you feel more comfortable) won't be worried about the aesthetics of your butt.

Secondly, to me it sounds like it could be a pilonidal cyst, especially considering you have a bit of hair there (ingrown hairs cause it.. have you sat in an uncomfortable position for a long period? soldiers used to get it from bumpy jeep rides). It might not be painful now but it could get very painful soon unless you see your GP.

Go to your GP, the examination will literally take one minute and the weight will be lifted off your shoulders, no big deal.
i have it as well, i dont feel worried, but i am not sure if i should be. should i?