The Student Room Group

Ranking of hardest to easiest A Levels. what do you think?!?!

Scroll to see replies

From the ones I did, with my ability, from hardest to easiest, was English, Economics, Maths, Accounting.
We don't have General Studies at my college, nor at any of the colleges or sixth forms around here I know of. Or Critical Thinking. Which is fine by me considering how they aren't even considered by many Unis :awesome: For me, it's -

French (Hardest)
English Language and Literature (Easy)
Drama (Very easy)
Psychology (I'm the only one in my class who did it at GCSE, and everything we've done so far is stuff I've already done at GCSE, at the same kind of level of depth too, so it's the easiest)
Reply 162
chemistry and biology were pretty horrific, to be honest I quit my A Levels because I just wasn't up to it
My subjects:

Chemistry
Maths
Biology
Computing
personally

Psychology -Hardest
Biology
Anthropology
Sociology -Easiest
Chemistry
Maths
Physics
Biology
Reply 166
Of what I did:
Government and Politics - Hardest (Probably because I disliked every module bar the Political Theory one.)
Biology (AS)
Chemistry
Law
ICT (AS) - Easiest (Probably because I'm generally literate with computers and the use of Office isn't exactly challenging.)

and now I'm currently studying Chemistry at undergraduate level!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 167
Out of the subjects I take:

Chemistry (hardest)
Biology
Art
Design Tech
ICT
Photography (easiest)
Well in terms of my AS Levels, I'll say:

German (Hardest)
History
French
English (Easiest)
Reply 169
Economics (Hardest)
German
English Language (''Easiest'')

English Language is the easiest out of the three, but it's still hard! a lot harder at A2 than AS!
Out of my own A Levels at the start of last year:
1. Maths (Hardest)
2. Economics
3. Geography
4. Literature
5. French (AS)
6. Project Work (AS)
7. General Paper(AS)

After getting tuition teachers for Maths and Economics:
1. Geography
2. Economics
3. Maths
4. Literature
5. French (AS)
6. Project Work (AS)
7. General Paper (AS)

By the way, I am taking the Singapore-Cambridge A Levels

I wanted to do French A Level and leave Maths at AS but only 15 students in the entire country chose to do A Level French in my year. Almost all of them got A1 ("A*") at O Level ("gcse") but the A rate has never been more than 40% for French in Singapore and I knew my French wasn't within the top 6 in the whole of Singapore... And plus I found a really great private tutor for Maths- E to A in 6 months!
(edited 12 years ago)
I finished last year, but I will rank mine anyways:

English Literature
Biology
Chemistry
History
Hardest - Psychology. Did well in class but could never do well in the exam.
Media Studies - beyond useless teacher, was never tought anything, dropped after AS.
Sociology.
Easiest - English Language/Literature. Better at essay writing.
Reply 173
Hardest - Easiest:

Chemistry
English Lit. (Bare reading)
Maths
Biology
Original post by GAB
1. Chemistry
2. Geography
3. Maths
4. History
5. Classical Civ

You find colouring in harder than calculus ?
from my subjects:

Chemistry
Biology
ICT
English Literature
from my subjects (1 being most difficult):
1. Chemistry
2. Biology
3. English Lang and lit (did it on year 11 and dropped after as)
4. Maths
5. Geography (dropped after as)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of the A levels I took:

Philosophy and Ethics: hardest concept-wise but also the most interesting, and the one I got my highest A in
Classics: not difficult concepts but a heavy workload in comparison to the other two, so more to learn
English Lang and Lit: easy, boring, ironically my worst grade but it was just so dull compared to GCSE english. if I could do A levels over I would take either lang OR lit, the mark schemes are shoddy and because it's a new course the teachers don't really know what the exam board want. Take another, better established A level! This course was even on the news in my AS year because they mucked up all the exams and everyone in my school (grammar school in the top 25 of the country, where there were people with 15A*s atGCSE...) got a C in the coursework. They literally bumped everyone down to a C. AQA are the most disorganised exam board, so bad. Everyone had to retake.

[e] I don't know who negged this, this is my opinion. Anonymous moron.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 178
Out of the subjects I am currently studying:

English Literature (hardest)
History
Textiles
Fine Art (easiest)
out of mine;
Physics (hardest)
Biology
Psychology
English Language & Literature (easiest)