The Student Room Group

APCL/APEL/Access to HE?

I am a mature student and have applied to do a degree next year, I already have a degree (first class honours), but obtained that 14 years ago! I now wish to change direction and thought that already having a degree would be evidence enough of my ability to undertake such a level study (having done it once before).

I am now beginning to wonder if the time gap is too long? Has anyone had any experience of this? Do I need to be thinking about an Access to HE course or APCL/APEL (Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning/Experiential Learning)?

I have only just applied through UCAS (last week) so am waiting to hear back from the two universities that I have applied to. I was feeling quite excited and optimistic, now I am beginning to worry that it might not happen.

Any advice/help would be most welcome :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Pipsqueak8
I am a mature student and have applied to do a degree next year, I already have a degree (first class honours), but obtained that 14 years ago! I now wish to change direction and thought that already having a degree would be evidence enough of my ability to undertake such a level study (having done it once before).

I am now beginning to wonder if the time gap is too long? Has anyone had any experience of this? Do I need to be thinking about an Access to HE course or APCL/APEL (Accreditation of Prior Certificated Learning/Experiential Learning)?

I have only just applied through UCAS (last week) so am waiting to hear back from the two universities that I have applied to. I was feeling quite excited and optimistic, now I am beginning to worry that it might not happen.

Any advice/help would be most welcome :smile:
Hi
I am in the same boat,let me know if you get the appropriate answer.
Thank you in advance
Reply 2
Which course you are applying for?
Thank for the information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending