The Student Room Group

History for AS?

Thinking about choosing History, I would just like to know the following:

1. How hard is it for AS only (not A2)?
2. Is there coursework?
3. Do you get a lot of homework?
4. Is there a lot of test/revision?
5. Is there really a lot of reading to do?
6. Any advice you would like to give me for AS, don't plan to do it for A2 though.
Original post by isteven
Thinking about choosing History, I would just like to know the following:

1. How hard is it for AS only (not A2)?
2. Is there coursework?
3. Do you get a lot of homework?
4. Is there a lot of test/revision?
5. Is there really a lot of reading to do?
6. Any advice you would like to give me for AS, don't plan to do it for A2 though.

Before I answer just want to say I don't get any proper lessons, as I'm in year eleven...

1) it's not too hard, as long as you think carefully about how to.structure your arguments. Remember information and have a good knowledge... Also taking both sides into account.

2) nope
3) I wouldn't know but a lot.of reading notes is probably essential.
4) revision wise, a good reading through the week before is good with a few mock papers
5) it's not loads of reading but itd help.more if you do :smile:
6) find a nice structure to follow, don't be too mechanical, write concisely and nicely...

:puke: on that :badger:
Reply 2
With any a-level, you're going to get tons of homework. And I mean TONS. And it will e much harder than GCSE, for any subject - and a lot of people don't realise this! But If you work hard you can do well.

Also, my friends take the subject, they tend to get essays quite a bit. A lot of things to remember too...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Before I answer just want to say I don't get any proper lessons, as I'm in year eleven...

1) it's not too hard, as long as you think carefully about how to.structure your arguments. Remember information and have a good knowledge... Also taking both sides into account.

2) nope
3) I wouldn't know but a lot.of reading notes is probably essential.
4) revision wise, a good reading through the week before is good with a few mock papers
5) it's not loads of reading but itd help.more if you do :smile:
6) find a nice structure to follow, don't be too mechanical, write concisely and nicely...

:puke: on that :badger:

Well thx for replying but I mean for A level's, I do it for GCSE's already im in yr 11 too. But was wondering how A level is like because heard its so much different compared to A level's.

Also
If you mean outside of college/sixth form - unsure, I'll have to ask.

I mean a lot of reading for homework.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by isteven
Well thx for replying but I mean for A level's, I do it for GCSE's already im in yr 11 too. But was wondering how A level is like because heard its so much different compared to A level's.

Also

I mean a lot of reading for homework.

Yes, I meant AS as well. I did my GCSE in year nine.
Reply 5
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yes, I meant AS as well. I did my GCSE in year nine.

Oh wow, your smart
Original post by isteven
Oh wow, your smart

:nah: I just find it really interesting, my first as exam was on Nazi Germany!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending