The Student Room Group

Tips to get rid of spots overnight?

Scroll to see replies

I second the toothpaste idea.
Sudocrem and witch hazel
I know this sounds weird but white vinegar is really good on spots, obviously not near the eyes :biggrin:
Reply 23
Sudocrem works a treat :smile:
Reply 24
38% Hydrochloric acid will get rid of them.

On a serious note; Freederm spot cream works really well.
Reply 25
I use a witchhazel stick, which works very well.

I think the only to get rid of a spot overnight would be by squeezing it.
Reply 26
Freederm always works for me- I re-apply it a couple of times and my spot is gone in the morning. It is very good!
Tea tree and witch hazel oil cream :smile: it's about £3
Reply 28
I think this has been mentioned before but definitely definitely aspirin!! Works like an absolute charm, just crush some pills, mix some with water to a pasty constitency and then dab onto the spot with a Q tip. Look at all the reviews here: http://www.acne.org/aspirin-mask-reviews/75/page1.html

Really cheap method too :smile: I personally would really NOT use toothpaste, especially if you have sensitive skin. Sleeping with it overnight will cause the toothpaste to dry and crack which makes it harder to come off in the morning and the last thing you want is to end up removing the spot altogether leaving behind a big acne scar. The purpose should be to try and reduce it and make it flatter so that its easier to cover with makeup but primarily you should aim not to actually REMOVE it and the strength of the toothpaste can do that. But I only go on personal experience where a little experiment with toothpaste on spots went wrong and now I've got quite a bit of acne scarring! I know for some people it works though.
Sudocrem is actually amazing, I use it on my face every night before I sleep it may dry your spot out but what ever spots you have will be gone within 2-3 days or less depending on how bad it is for definate. good luck!
Reply 30
put sudocreme on it over night only slightly rubbing it in so that its pretty much still thick and white, but not like coming off of your face :smile:
Reply 31
I had really bad ache, and I've been using 2 in 1 wash and mask neutrogena. Also, skin therapy 2 in 1 cleanser and toner and any moisturizer after that. However, i exfoliate every Saturday and my face is nearly clear i'm so happy. But, everyone's face is different.
Germolene! Smells weird but works amazingly.
Reply 33
Nothing can happen over night, even if you use cosmetic products that are inorganic, they can be very useful but they have adverse effects afterwards.
What I do is put a flannel under the hot tap and then wring it out and just scrub my face. Then I use facial wash, rinse it all off and then do the thing with the flannel again. I then apply a little bit of spot cream (can't remember what it's called, I'll find out later on) to any of the spots. When I wake up in the morning they have usually dried up and pretty much disappeared. I then moisturise my face as soon as I've finished showering in the morning.

Don't be too aggressive with the scrubbing and don't smear the spot cream all over your face... I did this and woke up with my face resembling bright red sandpaper. :frown:
Original post by Belov
urine...

That is NOT going to help. Don't try it!
Make sure you don't touch your face much. This isn't for overnight but your hand gathers so much bacteria during the day and if you touch your face it spreads there...
You're likely to make it redder or worse if you touch it. Just leave it! Sometimes one night they will go down naturally, but I don't think you can force it to happen
Just put on simple's spot zapper, works a charm!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get a spot every other day :frown:
Nothing has worked so far. I tried sudocrem after reading some reviews. It just got rid of the redness but the massive spot is still there on the chin.

Quick Reply

Latest