The Student Room Group

The 2013 interviews, offers of a place and confirmation for Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Hey Ive applied for LSBU too!.. completed an online test not so long ago and havnt heard back yeat as i was told i should hear back form jan 4th onwards.. any tips on what i shuld include in my answers?? and what sort of Q did u ask them!! im sooo nervous, and also what was the lit and numeracy tests like?? did u revise for them on any websites.. how hard were they??

thank yoou :smile:
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the reply :smile:
Well done on your Kings interview :smile: I'm sure you'll get an offer
What other unis have you applied to?

Kimberley x
Original post by anizz91
Has anyone got an interview for adult nursing at hull univeristy??? If yes did they send you an article to read the guidance on professional conduct for student nurses. What are they asking? I just don't know where to start :frown: and what to say :s-smilie:

Hi there,
I had my interview at hull uni for adult nursing on the 13th December and received an conditional offer 5 days later I cannot wait. The interview is not as bad as you think the interviewers are lovely. They do ask you a question on the Nmc make sure you read it all. The asked me about my personal life when I am a student nurse... I answered to remains professional at all times as I am representing the nhs. One question what got me was what does it mean to me to be a human being !!! Think they asked a few that. The maths is pretty straight forward make sure you know how many ml are in a litre etc as it was quite medical.
Please just be yourself everyone kept saying this to me but I was on the day and it paid of. The appreciate you will be nervous as well. If you got any more questions you would like answering don't hesitate to contact me.
Good luck and we could end up training together :smile: Louise xxx
Original post by Emmy101
Hiya,

I haven't had UEA but I have been to Kings. I think is one was actually the easiest of my interviews so I wouldn't worry. Dress smart - like a business interview. And the maths test is pretty simple but use BBC Bitesize GCSE for a little brushing up if your nervous.

Just relax and be yourself! Remember its also are you right for them than the other way round.

Emma x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the reply
Well done on your Kings interview I'm sure you'll get an offer

Kimberley x
Reply 884
Original post by Yellowiris
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the reply
Well done on your Kings interview I'm sure you'll get an offer

Kimberley x

Hiya,

I got an offer from Kings a couple of weeks ago, along with Southbank and Greenwich which I wasn't expecting. I am interviewing at Middlesex and West London over next two months.

How about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to University of Birmingham (Unsuccessful), Birmingham City University (Haven't had a reply or interview or anything yet), Wolverhampton (Had my interview 20th december) and Coventry University (Got my interview on the 10th january) to do Adult nursing in September.

I'm so nervous! I haven't even heard back from BCU yet about an interview or anything!

Don't know what i'm gonna do if I don't get the grades in my a-levels or just don't get a place, it's all I want! :frown:
Original post by Emmy101
Hiya,

I got an offer from Kings a couple of weeks ago, along with Southbank and Greenwich which I wasn't expecting. I am interviewing at Middlesex and West London over next two months.

How about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

Ahh well done :smile:! I've applied to Kings, UEA, City, Southampton and Northampton. So fingers crossed. But I really wanna get into Kings :smile: x
Reply 887
Has anybody heard anything from Teeside for adult nursing in September 2013 and beyond? I'm finding it strange that theyve done loads of interviewing and nobodys been rejected yet, surely not everyone would have passed??? (I was told that if I failed the interveiw I would hear within 4 weeks and then if I passed I would know the final outcome in March).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mariarghh
Off topic kinda, but has anyone else had this problem?
I'd just been rejected from two univerisities because of my predicted grades.. this confused me as my grades were the same as what they were asking for. The following day I did some snooping and asked my head of sixth form what grades were put down on UCAS and was told they were significantly lower then what I was told originally. Meaning that I applied for 2 universities that my school knew I wouldn't be accepted into, yet decided not to tell me and lowered my grades without telling me too. Has anyone elses schools/colleges done the same? Or am I just the unlucky one?

I've had exactly the same problem. It's so frustrating isn't it?! :/
Reply 889
Original post by PaigeSnow
I applied to University of Birmingham (Unsuccessful), Birmingham City University (Haven't had a reply or interview or anything yet), Wolverhampton (Had my interview 20th december) and Coventry University (Got my interview on the 10th january) to do Adult nursing in September.

I'm so nervous! I haven't even heard back from BCU yet about an interview or anything!

Don't know what i'm gonna do if I don't get the grades in my a-levels or just don't get a place, it's all I want! :frown:

hey, I've also applied to birmingham city and coventry... havent heard from birmingham yet but i have an interview from coventry on feb 21. Can you let me know how ur interview goes and what type of things they asked? It'll be really appreciated, i'm really worried for it :frown:

Goodluck for ur interview! :smile:

Hi, i also have an interview on the 10th of jan at cov for adult nursing! :smile: i also applied for wolverhampton and bcu and i haven't heard anything from bcu either they maybe taking longer than the other unis as they have till may to do interviews and make offers. have u heard back from Wolverhampton yet as i had an interview there the day after yours :smile:
Original post by jessica025
Hi, i also have an interview on the 10th of jan at cov for adult nursing! :smile: i also applied for wolverhampton and bcu and i haven't heard anything from bcu either they maybe taking longer than the other unis as they have till may to do interviews and make offers. have u heard back from Wolverhampton yet as i had an interview there the day after yours :smile:

yh same i havnt heard from bcu yet, but i have an interview at woverhapton on 11th 2013 and cov on march
Hi Guys and Gals,

I had an interview at Hull University and spoke to a few people who had received interview dates and/or had interviews for other Universities I had applied for, which were Bradford, Huddersfield and Sheffield Hallam. Has anyone had an offer for the above Universities?

Also, I got a conditional offer from Hull a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not awaiting any exam results, do you think my place at the Univertsity is dependent on clearing a CRB and health check or does anyone know of any other conditions I may need to meet?

Thanks,

Leanne
Reply 893
I'm sure you will. Good Luck :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys I'm just wondering if you don't mind me asking those who have been unsuccessful after interview stage did they say why? Is it due to lack of experience, i have some sorted for this month and know not all unis request exp but I can only think that since its so competitive it will affect whether you get palace if others have loads of experience. I want to be as prepared as I can be for the interview, I'm still waiting on Teesside uni. Have interview at Northumbria 25th jan :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 895
Original post by Leoleanne
Hi Guys and Gals,

I had an interview at Hull University and spoke to a few people who had received interview dates and/or had interviews for other Universities I had applied for, which were Bradford, Huddersfield and Sheffield Hallam. Has anyone had an offer for the above Universities?

Also, I got a conditional offer from Hull a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not awaiting any exam results, do you think my place at the Univertsity is dependent on clearing a CRB and health check or does anyone know of any other conditions I may need to meet?

Thanks,

Leanne

Congrats on the offer :smile: I have an interview at hull in 3 weeks :/ how was the interview process if you don't mind me asking I would appreciate the advice I'm so nervous :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leoleanne
Hi Guys and Gals,

Thanks,

Leanne

Got interview at hull next week! Any advice would be great!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Thank you, I think Louisex37 covered this quite well above in comment #883 for Hull interviews.

The day starts with a 20 minute numeracy test and then half the group gets split into either morning or afternoon interviews and then vice versa admin (such as CRB forms and identification), mid day there was an informative presentation on what to expect from the course etc...

Hope this helps, I think there's some good examples of questions from Louise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EliciaCook
Hey guys I'm just wondering if you don't mind me asking those who have been unsuccessful after interview stage did they say why? Is it due to lack of experience, i have some sorted for this month and know not all unis request exp but I can only think that since its so competitive it will affect whether you get palace if others have loads of experience. I want to be as prepared as I can be for the interview, I'm still waiting on Teesside uni. Have interview at Northumbria 25th jan :smile:

Got rejected from KCL because I failed the group interview. :smile: I don't have any work experience as well but I know one friend of mine from last year who got rejected right away (without any interview) because of lack of experience. So I think work experience wouldn't matter that much in our part since they've already invited us for an interview. But yeah, we still need to get at least some experience before Sept. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't heard from BCU as well so don't worry too much :smile: I'm gonna have an interview with Cov on Jan 8. Might tell you about how the day will go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending