The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Hi, Demontfort uni. Jan 2103 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm also starting this month. Is anyone commuting from Nottingham ..How are you doing it. Maybe a group of us could do a car share
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by happy2012
Hey I'm also going to DMU 2013 I'm a mature student for Adult Nursing so wondering if there is more of me I'm in my late 20's very excited and nervous also....:tongue:

HIYA im starting in jan for adult nursing, im coming from northampton and wonderd if anyone elce was commuting? im 30 in july :smile:))))
Reply 42
Original post by yellowpatch
HIYA im starting in jan for adult nursing, im coming from northampton and wonderd if anyone elce was commuting? im 30 in july :smile:))))

I am moving from London for the jan mental health
Reply 43
Anyone doing the Jan nursing at DMU? Lets get to know ourselves, so that come next week we can all see ourselves as one big and happy family. I will be staying at kingfisher court. I am looking forward to starting, it will be interesting mostly with me, it's never a dull moment. I have already started packing my stuffs to move out of London. My problem is finding a part time night job.
Reply 44
Original post by happy2012
Hey I'm also going to DMU 2013 I'm a mature student for Adult Nursing so wondering if there is more of me I'm in my late 20's very excited and nervous also....:tongue:

Hi Im soo excited, very mature student 33!!! Anyone got any info to share re: contact time spent at uni / self study time?

Gemma
Reply 45

Hi yellowpatch - Think I've just answered one of your threads on another forum re: DMU timetables. Anyways, I'm pleased that I wont be the only oldie on the course :confused:, ill be 34 this year.:eek: Have you any kids? I know your travelling from Nhpton, are you driving?

Speak soon

Gemma x
My name is Amy and Yes I have 2 young children both in primary school, northampton to the Uni takes around 50 mins so not to bad and I found a car park for 2.50 per day, placements can be in northampton too so ill be hoping to get some a little closer to home, can't wait to get this 3 years started :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hey I am supposed to be moving into kingfisher court this weekend but due to the weather and living so far away from dmu (Brighton) I don't think I'll make it! possibly not even until the middle of next week! Very disappointed as I want to go now :-( plus I'm worried that everyone will be there and I won't be! just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me?
Reply 48
Original post by Laura07
Hey I am supposed to be moving into kingfisher court this weekend but due to the weather and living so far away from dmu (Brighton) I don't think I'll make it! possibly not even until the middle of next week! Very disappointed as I want to go now :-( plus I'm worried that everyone will be there and I won't be! just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation as me?

Hey, I'm not able to get there till after Sunday so don't worry about it :smile: what's ur flat number?
Reply 49
Ohh good I'm not the only one in this situation then! I'm flat 2 I think.. What about you?
Reply 50
Original post by Laura07
Ohh good I'm not the only one in this situation then! I'm flat 2 I think.. What about you?

I'm in flat 25, the top floor 😖 haha guess I'll see u later in the week hopefully :smile:
Reply 51
I start tomorrow and haven't spoken to anybody that's starting! I'm commuting frm near to Nottingham, are many others? Really excited to meet everybody x
Reply 52
Original post by LoisD94
I start tomorrow and haven't spoken to anybody that's starting! I'm commuting frm near to Nottingham, are many others? Really excited to meet everybody x

Start tomorrow too, can't wait. From Leicester though so not commuting as far as you. Safe journey for the snow. X
Reply 53
My name is Amy and Yes I have 2 young children both in primary school, northampton to the Uni takes around 50 mins so not to bad and I found a car park for 2.50 per day, placements can be in northampton too so ill be hoping to get some a little closer to home, can't wait to get this 3 years started :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Amy - Ive got three all at primary too - where did you find the parking at 2.50? Is it in Leicester? Would prefer to take my car to uni over using the bus. Let me know sounds cheap for Leicester!

Didn't make my first day today due to school closures and driving conditions; blimin snow so fed up that Ive not been able to go to my first day.

Let me know how you got on if you made it in.

Gemma -x-
Reply 54
Hi

i have been offered a place at dmu for jan 13 but I haven't accepted the offer yet as I'm still wondering about derby uni as I also have an offer to go there this sept! I'm a mature student in my 30's. what to do???!!
Reply 55
Original post by biloxi26
I'm also starting this month. Is anyone commuting from Nottingham ..How are you doing it. Maybe a group of us could do a car share

If I go to dmu I'm hoping to drive! Would be great to meet people who are in same cohort. Does anyone know the size of the intake is in jan? Feel free to MSG me x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Amy,

I have been made an offer for DMU for September. Wondering where this £2.50 car park is! Hope to hear from you,

Hannah :-)
Original post by penelopepignose
Hi,

I'm new on here. I will be attending DMU from Jan 2013 on the Adult Nursing course. Anyone else going there? :wink:

hi are you a nurse now? :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending