The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

World Ju Jitsu Federation
Reply 121
Dixy chique
Hey,
I'm a huge Martial arts fan and have been from a young age. I am more into Wushu than Japanese or Korean styles. I have done Karate and Tae Kwon Do, but in the end I found that I prefered to the Chinese styles of Martial arts. I would still like try out Jujitsu or maybe some Japanese weapon styles like Iaido or Kenjutsu. Currently I am training in the art of Hung Gar and Tai Chi, although I also do Straight sword style. I REALLY want to learn Crane Style or Seven star mantis boxing, but I haven't found anything encougaging in my area. Is Jujitsu any good?

wow.. anthor Taiji fan like me!! :biggrin:
Reply 122
HEY! anyone else like Chinese martial art here? i gave up Taekwondo few years ago.. so yeah, forgot pretty much everything about it :frown:.
Reply 123
Well TJF (The Jitsu Foundation) goes thus.. White, yellow, orange, green, purple, light blue, dark blue, brown and black.. We only have 1st - 3rd Dans and that's it...
Reply 124
We have 10 kyu's for colour belts
10th - white
9th-7th - green, green with 1 tag, green with 2 tags
6th-4th - blue, blue with 1 tag, blue with 2 tags
3rd-1st - brown, brown with 1 tag, brown with 2 tags
then it's 1st dan, the black belt. so we basically only have 5 belts all thru LOL
Reply 125
oh yea, we have many black belt kids too. but they are only awarded the junior black belt, that is when they reach the age of 16, they would need another grading to become an official one (and remove the red tag on their belt)
glad that I was already 16 when I came to the grading heh
Reply 126
eva*
We have 10 kyu's for colour belts
10th - white
9th-7th - green, green with 1 tag, green with 2 tags
6th-4th - blue, blue with 1 tag, blue with 2 tags
3rd-1st - brown, brown with 1 tag, brown with 2 tags
then it's 1st dan, the black belt. so we basically only have 5 belts all thru LOL
The belts are all divided though :p:... The only belt division we have is light - blue and dark blue...

we have 7 Kyus I think; Didn't count white..
gosh does nt it vary. Well I am not complaining, hopefully one day I'll get my TKD BB
Reply 128
It does vary.. however; there are limits on how many gradings you can do in a certain amount of months in jitsu.. and + I don't see the point in rushing really; might as well take it easy..
i got my BB when i was 14 but it was only junior. after that the WJJF has a "gold tab" system which is basically just weapon work. then at 16 i took senior black and now im nearly 18 and im off to liverpool for 2nd Dan. im movin about as fast as they will let me, third dan takes a further 3 years or so. hope i can find a club at uni....:confused:
Reply 130
I'm sure you will find a club at uni.. if you don't then create your own :biggrin:.. I'm really impressed with your jitsu progress :biggrin:
dimexi
I'm sure you will find a club at uni.. if you don't then create your own :biggrin:.. I'm really impressed with your jitsu progress :biggrin:

tah, i know that if i go to warwick then the club there will be run by a guy who i used to train with; a real ****.
but nottingham might be more promising

i may have missed this earlier but what grade are you?
where do you train?
how long you been training?
Reply 132
:redface:...:redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:.. I'm new.. i started last september and I'm 7th Kyu and I'm going to grade for 6th Kyu soon :redface:...
I train at the university of hertfordshire and our sensei is a shodan.. Sensei Matt leggett..
cool, i remember startin. people at my club so different now though.
i wouldn't know your sensei if he's part of a different federation though
its not so embarrassin though surely. we all have to start somewhere.
i know some of the shodans at my club just started judo and feel really dumb:p:
Reply 134
Surely all the jitsu they have done should help their Judo.. Yeah I guess you have to start somewhere :p:; but I love it and really look forward to carrying on :biggrin:.. In fact I'm going for training in about 40 mins :smile:
cool, i train mondays and saturdays (4 hours a week)
im off to football trainin soon actually:eek:
completely forgot:redface:

BYEEEEE
goodness what a fit set I am in with! In with the incrowd!!
Reply 137
lol; hey Laura :biggrin:
Hey, i just discovered this society. I'm a 3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo. I have been training for 14 years (wow! i rarely think about how long it's been), though, I can't go as much because my university is like 60 miles from where I train. :frown:
Reply 139
yay!! welcome welcome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest