Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
I ve applied at

Warwick
Bath
lancaster
exeter
durham

for Bsc management (BBA in bath with placement)
I got offers from all my unis but will be selecting from bath or warwick... they both offered me unconditional offers... so now im really confused!!! :confused: :confused:
Please HELP!!!
Reply 221
Just got Unconditional Offers from both Glasgow and Aberdeen!! :biggrin:
also got a rejection from Strathclyde..but meh..anyway :smile:
not sure whether to firm York or Loughborough, and since I'm an international student it's hard to visit both now. any suggestions?
Got an offer from Queen Mary! Yay :biggrin:
Did anyone else apply under the general code for Business N100 at Strathclyde? :smile:
im beginning to panic a little, on the prospectus it says thats the code to apply for the ba honours degree, but on a website online it says it was just ordinary BA that lasted 3 years! EEP! Help? :L
anyone confirms Durham?
Got ABB offer from it,but I dunno if all the offer holders who confirm Durham meet the requirements ,and the places are full,will they decline someone according to the grades?
Reply 226
Have unconditional offers from uni of Birmingham and Aston University to study business managament 4 years, after getting A*,A,A, A in my A-levels last year :smile:

Probably going to Uni of Birmingham but will decide after open days
Would you recommend Sheffield Hallam or Manchester Metropolitan University for Business Degreee..

My IB is only 28 points
Reply 228
Original post by gamechan33
Would you recommend Sheffield Hallam or Manchester Metropolitan University for Business Degreee..

My IB is only 28 points

I'd say Hallam was the better university overall, but I'd go for Manchester Met for business. It seems a decent uni for business and they have recently had a brand new Business school built which looks kinda cool. Plus Manchester is a better city :biggrin:
Does anybody know whether or not Maths at A-Level is neccessary for Business Management??

Original post by Arman_Partow
Does anybody know whether or not Maths at A-Level is neccessary for Business Management??

No, it's not. Unless otherwise states in entry reqs.
I'm an international student, and I've applied to and received offers from

St Andrews University- Management - Unconditional
St Andrews University- Management and Economics - Unconditional
University of Edinburgh- International Business - Unconditional
Kings College London- Business Management - Unconditional
Warwick- International Business- Yet to hear back from them yet

What university would you choose if you were me? I need some insight!
Original post by kinsey2373
I'm an international student, and I've applied to and received offers from

St Andrews University- Management - Unconditional
St Andrews University- Management and Economics - Unconditional
University of Edinburgh- International Business - Unconditional
Kings College London- Business Management - Unconditional
Warwick- International Business- Yet to hear back from them yet

What university would you choose if you were me? I need some insight!

I would go for King's College, unless you get Warwick. Have a look at unistats.gov.uk - you can compare the courses and see which is best.
Original post by dandefilippo
ok mates, ive been following this and other threads about london colleges and I may be kinda confused right now.

im from brazil and been applying to some business/marketing related masters but i got rejected from 2 or 3 by now. what may be going wrong?

i dont actually know how the english grades work (A levels ucas etc...) so could anyone explain it to me. Here we just take a 0 - 10 mark and evaluate your final grade. i have a 8,33/10 mark overall...so is it bad? what would be the similar in english?

i must remeber that i applied for UCL, imperial, Kings and mainly the first 2 had not any luck. i have a good PS (think so), important recommendations (academic - professional), a year of work experince, my grades, IELTS with 7,5...

what might be the problem? my grades should be better there?

i have this only KCL offer but it stills conditional since they require IELTS with 7 overal and 7 in each....i have 7,5 with 6...wouldnt they consider the case?
im going to try until i pass but its expensive (US 250) and ive seen that my english would be enough for any other school....

dont want to have just one option, even knowing its better than nothing....
but dont know any other good london business schools?? where would you suggest?? been lookin around (henley, european business school) but nothing got really my attention...

anyway thanks

Hi there, I'm half Brazilian so I gotta try and help you aha..
You've applied straight to a masters degree? Should you have applied for a BA/Bsc course? They aren't going to accept you for a masters degree unless you have graduated before, from Uni/College?
Apart from those the best unis for Business in London are City University and LSE, if you want to try just outside London, Reading is good and a bit easier to get into.
Hope I helped,
Boa Sorte,
George
Original post by dandefilippo
ok mates, ive been following this and other threads about london colleges and I may be kinda confused right now.

im from brazil and been applying to some business/marketing related masters but i got rejected from 2 or 3 by now. what may be going wrong?

i dont actually know how the english grades work (A levels ucas etc...) so could anyone explain it to me. Here we just take a 0 - 10 mark and evaluate your final grade. i have a 8,33/10 mark overall...so is it bad? what would be the similar in english?

i must remeber that i applied for UCL, imperial, Kings and mainly the first 2 had not any luck. i have a good PS (think so), important recommendations (academic - professional), a year of work experince, my grades, IELTS with 7,5...

what might be the problem? my grades should be better there?

i have this only KCL offer but it stills conditional since they require IELTS with 7 overal and 7 in each....i have 7,5 with 6...wouldnt they consider the case?
im going to try until i pass but its expensive (US 250) and ive seen that my english would be enough for any other school....

dont want to have just one option, even knowing its better than nothing....
but dont know any other good london business schools?? where would you suggest?? been lookin around (henley, european business school) but nothing got really my attention...

anyway thanks

just noticed this was 2012,
How did you get on?

George
Hey guys I've gotten conditional offers from Saint Mary, Queen Mary, University of Hertfordshire, Kingston University and University of Westminster for Business and Management. Education wise and major wise, which university should I go to? Any advice will be helpful :smile:

:bl:
Reply 236
Hey not sure if any of you guys still check this page but I'm applying now for 2013 yes very late but I just wondered what you all thought about your courses and the uni's you are at, also im interested in knowing what your lecture and seminar sizes are. Any info would be great, thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How difficult is to do good at Business studies? How common is As and Ds at Business courses?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending