The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omarzizo
Hi all,

I just wanted to know how many people are doing the exam in march. Whether resiting or first time. Also,would you have a chance in June if you had a bad mark.
A student in my class said that you need to get an A* to do A-levels or even Further Maths. Is that true?

Regards:smile:

Obviously you would have a chance in June if you get a bad mark as they are completely different exams.

I don't know of any schools that insist on A* grades to do A Levels - most ask for C grades or above. Quite a few ask for B grades before they allow students on to the A Level maths course.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
Obviously you would have a chance in June if you get a bad mark as they are completely different exams.

I don't know of any schools that insist on A* grades to do A Levels - most ask for C grades or above. Quite a few ask for B grades before they allow students on to the A Level maths course.

Thanks Mr M
Reply 3
Hi all,

I just wanted to know how many people are doing the exam in march. Whether resiting or first time. Also,would you have a chance in June if you had a bad mark.
A student in my class said that you need to get an A* to do A-levels or even Further Maths. Is that true?

When I did A-level maths, one of my friends only achieved a B grade at GCSE and was still able to take it. That was a few years ago but the requirements may have changed now
I'm sitting the linear papers, one at the end of February and one in the first week of March. Also, I believe most places prefer a B or above to do Maths or Further Maths at A Level. Best of luck :-)
Reply 5

Hey

I'm doing this exam too... I did early entry in November 2012 and achieved Grade A - very few marks off Grade A*, so I'm doing it again. I hated the Nov 2012 paper.

How are you revising? How long are you planning to revise per day? Any predictions on what might come up?

Thanks in advance

Jatz
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Jatz07
Hey

I'm doing this exam too... I did early entry in November 2012 and achieved Grade A - very few marks off Grade A*, so I'm doing it again. I hated the Nov 2012 paper.

How are you revising? How long are you planning to revise per day? Any predictions on what might come up?

Thanks in advance

Jatz

I'm going to use maths books, maths watch and rely on pastpapers too.
Are you guys doing modular or linear and which unit are you doing?? I am doing modular unit 1.
Original post by Mr M

Thanks Mr M

Original post by Jeevan21
When I did A-level maths, one of my friends only achieved a B grade at GCSE and was still able to take it. That was a few years ago but the requirements may have changed now

Original post by smozsolution
I'm sitting the linear papers, one at the end of February and one in the first week of March. Also, I believe most places prefer a B or above to do Maths or Further Maths at A Level. Best of luck :-)

Original post by Jatz07
Hey

Thanks in advance

Jatz

Original post by Jatz07
Hey

Thanks in advance

Jatz

Hi, would any of you happen to have any unit 1 edexcel practise papers (modular) or the November 2012 paper? I have been looking for them everywhere but can't find them!Please help .:biggrin:
Yh am doing it in march the 27th and 4th. Recently did a mock and got an A*. But i think it was like the easiest paper. Good luck!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey guys i'm doing the unit 2 modular maths edexcel on the 4th! How can i revise to get a B or an A PLEASE HELP ME!

Regards :biggrin:
Theres a site called maths watch. On this site all the topics are explained with great practise. Though you may need a login. If not, practise is vital. Thus, use past papers to practise and practise. Good Luck! I got the lenear peper on the 4th too!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by LittleBoxes
Hi, would any of you happen to have any unit 1 edexcel practise papers (modular) or the November 2012 paper? I have been looking for them everywhere but can't find them!Please help .:biggrin:

Hi,

I looked over the internet and finally after a long journey. I have got them :biggrin:
If any want them please messege me or send me an email on:
[email protected]

I have the 2 papers calc and non-calc. Hint I got them from a website for a school.:wink:

Regards
Reply 13
Original post by yagmurgokhan
Yh am doing it in march the 27th and 4th. Recently did a mock and got an A*. But i think it was like the easiest paper. Good luck!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too
Reply 14
Original post by Zaki98
Hey guys i'm doing the unit 2 modular maths edexcel on the 4th! How can i revise to get a B or an A PLEASE HELP ME!

Regards :biggrin:

Use revision guides, mymaths, pastpapers and if you can get mathswatch from your school I garrantee you will get an A*
Reply 15
Should I post the papers in the forum!
Hi, does any one have any predictions for the unit 3 exam on the 6th march, the higher tier? Please share, would be very helpful thank you!
Hi all,

I am :smile:. I achieved a C last year, so retaking now. Do you know of any topics that I really need to get my head around for tomorrow's exam? What will almost definitely be on the paper that I need to revise? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can get a 'B' without even revising BUT I find getting an A very hard for some weird reason :frown:
Time to go all out and revise till tomorrow! Share tips and questions guys! Wish you all the best of luck.
Hi,

I looked over the internet and finally after a long journey. I have got them :biggrin:
If any want them please messege me or send me an email on:
[email protected]

I have the 2 papers calc and non-calc. Hint I got them from a website for a school.:wink:

Regards

Can you send me the edexcel linear 1ma0 paper?:smile: