Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by James A
grade boundaries predictions anyone?

What was for an A in june 12?

An A was 67 I believe.
Original post by Warlord
An A was 67 I believe.

This exam won't drop too much, doubt edexcel would do that, even if everyone found it hard. I think they try and keep the boundaries as close as possible, but I'd say 65 for an A. If they even go that low :rofl:
Reply 262
Original post by James A
This exam won't drop too much, doubt edexcel would do that, even if everyone found it hard. I think they try and keep the boundaries as close as possible, but I'd say 65 for an A. If they even go that low :rofl:

They could very easily make it 60-62. Unit 4 jan 2010 was 56 for an A. Its dependent on how we do, not on what they want the boundaries to be lmao.
Original post by Warlord
They could very easily make it 60-62. Unit 4 jan 2010 was 56 for an A. Its dependent on how we do, not on what they want the boundaries to be lmao.

really? blimey thats lowww, I think around 62 then...... judging by everyones reactions. Although not many people sat this exam around the country. I would say around 20% of people taking a specific exam actually use TSR, so we need more opinions.

Remember that the people doing unit 5 are the ones that already sat the test before, so if you factor that in, the grade boundaries could go up a little from what we predicted.
Reply 264
Original post by James A
really? blimey thats lowww, I think around 62 then...... judging by everyones reactions. Although not many people sat this exam around the country. I would say around 20% of people taking a specific exam actually use TSR, so we need more opinions.

Remember that the people doing unit 5 are the ones that already sat the test before, so if you factor that in, the grade boundaries could go up a little from what we predicted.

Majority of people who take this edexcel exam are from overseas anyway. I am pretty sure very few people would have found this exam easy. Lol, imagine if 62 was really an A, how silly does that sound, but hey, could happen :biggrin: Well, people who resit it didnt do too well the first time round, so that doesnt correlate with doing better again, unit 5 chem is one of those papers that is just very difficult even with loads of practise.
Anyone got the paper to upload ?? :colondollar:
Hi, i would like to know which paper is harder for chem? unit 4 or 5?
Original post by bubblegummer
Hi, i would like to know which paper is harder for chem? unit 4 or 5?

If your good at maths than unit 4 is easier as there is more calculations, if your better at remembering formulas than unit 5 is easier
Here is a copy of the official mark scheme for anyone that wants it:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2264891&p=41529036
Grade boundaries out yet?
Original post by Green Glass
Grade boundaries out yet?

Grade boundaries will be release don the 6th March - the day before results day.
Reply 271
Original post by Yorrap

:facepalm2:

Arghhhh, so annoying man.

What mark do you think you scored?
Reply 273
Original post by James A

66/90 - B with an uncertainty of 5% (+/- 3.3 marks)
but ask again today evening or tomorrow :tongue:

What about you?
I know you were all aiming for A's but I got my B and I'm so HAPPY.
Reply 275
Original post by James A

and?

edit/
Original post by James A
meh, unit 5 was alright but the boundaries will be hit or miss for me.

I need 103 ums for my A overall, 69 marks just for an A, so I'll need like 72 raw marks for my A.

It will literally be hit or miss.

now why would you go and post this in unit4 thread :tongue:

Original post by Yorrap
66/90 - B with an uncertainty of 5% (+/- 3.3 marks)
but ask again today evening or tomorrow :tongue:

What about you?

Seems like my own marking the paper was 6,06% off :>
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 276
Original post by Yorrap
and?

edit/

now why would you go and post this in unit4 thread :tongue:

Seems like my own marking the paper was 6,06% off :>

I got 66/90 :tongue:
How did you do in this and your physics :smile:
Reply 277
Original post by Warlord
I got 66/90 :tongue:
How did you do in this and your physics :smile:

98/120 - A (UMS wise) which equals 70/90 RAW according to UMS converter

everything else is A* :tongue:

if you check my pm from the other day, they all match :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 278
Original post by James A
ffs got worse in unit 5 than last time! takes the piss!

80/120 I am so annoyed! :rant: defo getting my paper back.

This is what happens if you don't write down your answers right after the exam. :eek:
Reply 279
Cant access markscheme, what is the answer to the titration calculation (sodium thio/ iodine one) ?

Latest