The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

So who's going to Brighton and what accommodation will you be in?

I'll be going to Brighton for adult nursing and I'll be staying in Paddock Field. Who else is going to Brighton this year? :smile:
Reply 1
didn't read, not doing nursing, sorry
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by mattz330
didn't read, not doing nursing, sorry

You don't have to be doing nursing to live in Paddock field and go to the uni...
Reply 3
Original post by Flyteryder
You don't have to be doing nursing to live in Paddock field and go to the uni...

well i'm going to Brighton and I have yet to find somewhere to stay :frown:
Reply 4
I'll be going to Brighton for adult nursing and I'll be staying in Paddock Field. Who else is going to Brighton this year? :smile:

Hi Flyteryder,
Lucky one,I got an interview on 21st of August,Could you tell how was the interview and the activities please.
Thank in advance
Reply 5
Original post by tri_zone
Hi Flyteryder,
Lucky one,I got an interview on 21st of August,Could you tell how was the interview and the activities please.
Thank in advance

Hey,

First there were the English and maths tests which you absolutely have to pass or they won't interview you later in the day. The tests are at GCSE level and were quite basic. My English test was 'Tell us how you got here today in 300 words', and the maths test was stuff like basic fractions, multiplication, addition and ratios.

My interviewer had my personal statement and reference in front of her, and she asked why I'd written the things on my personal statement and why I think my referee wrote what they wrote. Then she asked me why I wanted to be a nurse, why I thought I'd make a good nurse, why I was studying the A-Levels I'd chosen, why I wanted to be an adult nurse instead of a mental health nurse or children's nurse, what experience I had of working in a team, what experience I had of showing compassion to people, and stuff like that.

After that she asked me about current issues in the NHS and what was concerning me about it, so it's good to do some research about the NHS the day before the interview. The room I was taken into was quite small and the interviewer sat very close to me without a table or anything in the middle of us, which made me more nervous!

Good luck!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by mattz330
well i'm going to Brighton and I have yet to find somewhere to stay :frown:

Which course you are doing.
Reply 7
Original post by tri_zone
Which course you are doing.

Computer Science with a year in industry :smile:
In. No accomodation email yet :|
Reply 9

Hey ive got an offer for adult nursing and im going to accept it as soon as possible. I was just wondering are nursing students likely to get a place in halls? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending