The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nulli tertius
I would be very surprised if it survives independently.

I know that it will, but with about 10 members. However, the number pupils and the award may not be sustainable.
Original post by Pupilmaster
I know that it will, but with about 10 members. However, the number pupils and the award may not be sustainable.

Are they going to move premises? They will roll around their existing chambers with only 10 members.
2 DRJ invites out 14 December by email. Good luck everyone!
Has anyone heard or know when we can expect to hear from 1MCB? Postal apps always worry me!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3904
Original post by Jessica88
2 DRJ invites out 14 December by email. Good luck everyone!

anyone else get an invite yesterday or today??? or is it likely all invites went out last friday?
Original post by nulli tertius
Are they going to move premises? They will roll around their existing chambers with only 10 members.

No, just fewer floors of the 3 part buildings.
Reply 3906
Anyone heard from 1MCB at all?
Original post by kiers
Anyone heard from 1MCB at all?

I reckon it'll be the New Yet now before we hear if we hear at all!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3908
Does anyone know what to expect from a first round at College Chambers? x
Reply 3909
Original post by RB1987
Does anyone know what to expect from a first round at College Chambers? x

Sorry no - but how did you hear about it? By phone/post or email?

x
Anyone know what to expect from an interview at Guildhall Chambers?Thanks.
Reply 3911
I had a letter in the post dated 10th December but I didnt actually get it until after Christmas. Not sure when they sent it.

Original post by Jane_
Sorry no - but how did you hear about it? By phone/post or email?

x
Has anybody heard back from 1 Mitre Court Buildings as of yet? I am out of the country so have not been able to check my post. Thanks
Reply 3913
If you have an interview that you think was poorly organised (not just that your own performance was bad), and then the chambers that rejects you says no feedback is available, do you think it would be really cheeky to offer some of your own? I want to reply and say thank you for your time, but I thought the interview did not give a proper opportunity to demonstrate one's suitability, in length or content! Also, if you're only going to hold interviews that are purely for the purpose of hearing someone's voice and seeing their face, and not last more than 5 mins, you could indicate as such that this is your policy.

It gets to a point when you can't afford to spend hundreds of pounds on travelling expenses for occasions such as this that turn out to be such a waste of time.

I might not use these exact words in my email!

Do you think making comments about your thoughts on an interview are ever taken contructively or do they just pub black marks on your name?!
Original post by ty56xzy

Do you think making comments about your thoughts on an interview are ever taken contructively or do they just pub black marks on your name?!

I guess it will depend on the chambers. Some may take your comments on board, some may tell you that they will take your comments on board... but actually they won't and in some cases, the person who reads your email may have a Malcolm Tucker style outburst.

...and here's what that looks like, just for laughs. [contains swears]

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by roxymusicfan
Has anybody heard back from 1 Mitre Court Buildings as of yet? I am out of the country so have not been able to check my post. Thanks

Nope, it seems no-one has heard anything. Unless they are playing it very close to their chest!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending