The Student Room Group

International student applying for vetmed

Hello! Can somebody tell me my chance?
Reply 1
Hi I think you probably need to put a bit more information yourself, academics, experience, whereabouts your from etc, before anyone can really take a guess at your chances :smile: There are international students at all the vet school so it's perfectly possible. If in doubt best thing to do is contact the relevant admissions for each vet school.
Reply 2
Original post by Nutterfly
Hi I think you probably need to put a bit more information yourself, academics, experience, whereabouts your from etc, before anyone can really take a guess at your chances :smile: There are international students at all the vet school so it's perfectly possible. If in doubt best thing to do is contact the relevant admissions for each vet school.

I'm from Indonesia and currently in my last year of high school. I do quite well in biology but not so well in chemistry. I will try my best to study anw. Currently I haven't got any experience. So what is my chance? Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by fade187
I'm from Indonesia and currently in my last year of high school. I do quite well in biology but not so well in chemistry. I will try my best to study anw. Currently I haven't got any experience. So what is my chance? Thank you!

You'll need A grades in bio and chem, as well as a lot of vet/animal-related work experience. This however varies per uni and per course. Even then, uni's can reject you based upon your interview or personal statement. There are too many factors to say how much of a chance you have. If you know the requirements inside out, and work exceptionally hard to achieve them, you MAY have a chance.
Reply 4
Also, if you want to go to uni straight out of high school, you should have applied already... :/
Reply 5
Original post by peanut0608
Also, if you want to go to uni straight out of high school, you should have applied already... :/

I'm thinking of foundation at glasgow university since I haven't learnt any a levels and the class can be applied in september for autumn term:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by fade187
I'm thinking of foundation at glasgow university since I haven't learnt any a levels and the class can be applied in september for autumn term:smile:

I see. What educational system are you on? I.e. A-levels/IB/american high school system etc?
Reply 7
Original post by peanut0608
I see. What educational system are you on? I.e. A-levels/IB/american high school system etc?

I'm from Indonesia so our high school system isn't exactly the same as other country but Ithink it's close to american high :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest