The Student Room Group

My new employer didnt ask me for references

On my CV I wrote references upon request. Despite getting the job after only 3 hours of the interview (confirmed by phone and email), they havent ask for me to provide them. The company is relatively small, why would they not ask for references?

:confused:
They didn't need the references.
It's because they didn't need the references.
I work for a large department store and they never asked for references either, they just didn't need them.
Original post by Negotiator
On my CV I wrote references upon request. Despite getting the job after only 3 hours of the interview (confirmed by phone and email), they havent ask for me to provide them. The company is relatively small, why would they not ask for references?

I've had a couple of jobs that haven't been bothered about references - some employers just prefer to make their own mind up rather than listen to someone else's opinion. They're obviously confident you will be a good worker, absolutely nothing to worry about. :smile:
Original post by Negotiator

Its probably because they dont need references. If they wanted you to provide one they would have asked by now.
Reply 6
If I could tell which employers wouldnt ask for references I'd put I was a qualified surgeon on my CV and that I worked with the Australian Prime minster for 8 years before sailing on a voyage round the world with captain jack sparrow.
Reply 7
Have you signed anything? A lot of companies nowadays use background screening companies to do the work for them. Or if its really small, they probably couldn't be a****ed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending