The Student Room Group

The Martial Arts Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Afternoon all! Welcome new peoples :smile:

Tonight is the last grading night, so I might get my coaching certificate done next week or the week after and we can get into so competition work!
Reply 141
Gaskell
Afternoon all! Welcome new peoples :smile:

Tonight is the last grading night, so I might get my coaching certificate done next week or the week after and we can get into so competition work!

good stuff :yy:.. I hope your students do well :biggrin:
Reply 142
Hey, I started Muay Thai back in September. So far I've refused to grade (I have bad panic disorder), but I'm hoping to get up the confidence to do it next time there's a grading.

(Can someone tell me how to officially join this soc? I'm feeling blonde)
Hi guys, yes I did get my TKD yellow tag :smile: just had training
LauraWalker

:party:

Well done!!!! :p:
Reply 145
congrats Laura! and thanks for your rep :smile:
Reply 146
LauraWalker

:yy:
Reply 147
Madraykin
Hey, I started Muay Thai back in September. So far I've refused to grade (I have bad panic disorder), but I'm hoping to get up the confidence to do it next time there's a grading.

(Can someone tell me how to officially join this soc? I'm feeling blonde)

click this ---->http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=4

look for the MA society at the end of the list (or close to the end) and click join and follow the instructions :biggrin:
Reply 148
Can I join- I do Judo at school- used to do jitsu, before I went to senior school (had to quit and take up judo :frown: )- am now a yellow belt with 2 tabs.
Reply 149
Of course you can join :biggrin:... Hope you are enjoying Judo which is er... calmer jitsu lol
Reply 150
Congrats Laura! :smile:

Our grading last night went canny. Of 2 lads wanting to grade for 4th kyu, only one actually did with the other being "injured". Just as well the lad pulled out, because the lad who graded did a lot better on his own. He passed the grading and now starts the next stage of his learning - teaching and learning from lower grades.
thanks guys, don't worry about the rep, like I said your a black belt so I thought why not creep up to you. Gosh I am going to have to rep all the BBs now LOL
Hey guys!

It's been a while, so I thought I'd check in and say hello to all my martial arts buddies! lol.

Had three great training sessions last week, we did some cool stuff - Bunkai and pair work, where you make up your own application of anything in the syllabus - so much fun, we had axe kicks, spinning reverse kicks, all sorts! lol. Also had a fantastic really hard warm up, my sensei made us sweat and I felt like a rubber band afterwards, you know sometimes you just need to feel like you've *really* worked hard? lol (or is that just me...?)

Anyways, training today and helping out with the kid's class - yippee! :biggrin:
Reply 153
Hey guys.. I have been training since last saturday with a break of just 1 day lol; I pretty much dream of jitsu now :s:..by tomorrow I'll be :pwnd:
better than dreaming of the Trade Descriptions act and consumer law
Reply 155
I got my 6th Kyu (Orange Belt) guys :party: :cool:
Reply 156
nice,my gradings not till next sat. what was the format of your grading, what stuff u have to do?
Reply 157
Nice one Dimexi! :biggrin:
Reply 158
Thanks Gaskell!! :biggrin:
Reply 159
Imaad
nice,my gradings not till next sat. what was the format of your grading, what stuff u have to do?

The Examiner was REALLY strict :frown:; because people from other clubs performed quite poorly, it brought the grades of everyone else down :frown:.. I Reckon I deserved a senior Orange (even my instructor said); but I didn't get it :frown: but hope yours goes well...

We did the normal stuff .i.e. breakfalling, armlocks, wristlocks and the throws..

We had to do knife defences in our V's even though it's not stated on the syllabus and some of the Yellows had to do a Circle as well :s:...

Quick Reply

Latest