Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by asdfgah

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3602
Original post by avhhs
Oh, hello there Citalopram 10mg :hi:

Not sure how to feel :erm: although I think I can properly join in here now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it helps you!

Original post by PonchoKid
yep deffinately! just hope his mood keeps improving!

its horrible. my paranoia goes crazy when im home alone, had to check all the doors loads last night incase someone tried to break in :s-smilie:
just have to hope nothing goes wrong, or the mice dont come and attack me!

but yeah keeps me busy.

so i do appologise to everyone if i post random posts this weekend, but i will most likely need to rant about something!

:hugs: Hope you have fun with your friend and her partner tomorrow!

Original post by kiss_me_now9
:hugs: My boyfriend doesn't get it either - he's laid off the lectures now when I miss a 9am but he still gets all disappointed and parenty. Have you scheduled a retake?

I did :smile: pretty pleased with myself too - but I think it was largely because I got into bed and passed out rather than will power or anything. I feel a bit rough today and I need to remember that eating today is not a bad thing, it's a good thing because the day after drinking I always feel rough until I eat something substantial - I'm guessing it's a blood sugar thing. Trying to resist the urge to go to the gym later as well.

Spoiler

I have a CMHT meeting on the 14th, not sure whether to bring the above up; fairly certain they'll dismiss it anyway as I have a sickeningly healthy BMI :rolleyes:

That's great :smile:.

Oh no, that doesn't sound great at all :frown:. I do understand your thought pattern but, like you said, it's messed up. I would try and speak about it as having distorted eating is a problem regardless of your BMI. Hopefully they won't dismiss it and they try to help you :jumphug:.
dont run! please be safe.
you are safe, nothings going to hurt you. i promise

My wife called and "persuaded" me to come back. :dry:

I can't even get running away right. :cry2:
Original post by luno

:hugs: Hope you have fun with your friend and her partner tomorrow!

Yeah hopefully :/

Just feeling massively **** :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by USRaphael

your wife knows your safe and not going to get hurt, so doesnt want you to run.
she knows whats best for you.

its ok :hugs: your safe at home with your wife.

That's because its the wrong thing to do! Of course you're not going to do well at something that you shouldnt do :hugs:

Im happy your wife is good with her words, we all want you to be safe!
Original post by asdfgah

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 3608
hahaha they can be quite off putting :tongue: when my mate did her foot, she had to see a hot dr oooffft. hahaha.

id rather not get shouted at by him :tongue: :nah:

and its a horrible phobia :frown: hate hate hate it

Yeah :tongue: plus doctors just seem scary :colondollar:. There is something I've been worried about for ages that I need to see a doctor for and I can't do it because it's embarrassing :colondollar:. Won't put specifics here :wink:

I hope you didn't :biggrin:

:jumphug:

Well, got the meds. Read the side effects list and is huge!

Original post by Meaty_man

The side effects vary so much from person to person, i was just tired a lot and couldn't sleep very well, and theres also a few other embarassing things that are minor. I know a friend though that felt terrible for the first few weeks, so you just have to wait and see.

Give it a chance tho whatever you do, it will take a month or two until it kicks in properly, its strange that it takes so long, but thats how it is. If you honestly feel that after 2 months or later that it isn't doing anything for you, tell your GP. Its common for people to need to try a lot of different meds before they find one that works for them. Best of luck with it :hugs:

-----

Is it just me, or do doctors, therapists and councillors not really give a **** unless you're basically suicidal? I've been feeling like **** for a looong time, but only since recently when its been getting close to the most extreme that they seem to care at all.

Don't really care about that minor embarrassing thing, it's not as of I'm getting any! :tongue: :colondollar: Yeah I've got the paper with the side effects, and my dad told me to keep it with me all the time.

Original post by asdfgah
:hugs: Definitely don't deserve you guys being so nice. :cry2:

Am going to M's tonight, unless I really really can't get out. Feeling vaguely copey atm, so I think I'll probably make it with the help of a benzo or two. And once I'm there there will be pizza (Domino's hopefully :crossedf:) so that's motivating. So I'll be online until 7.30ish but if we miss each other, I hope you have a good evening. :smile:

Hope the weirdness was just a momentary blip and you're doing ok now. :jumphug:

Of course you deserve it :yep: :lovehug:

Good luck for tonight!

iv had a suprisingly good day, this weekends starting to look good :smile:

i got a text of a mate i know from back home, and her and her partner live down here (known them both for years) saying they were 5 minuets away and did i want to meet them, so i went had we chatted and laughed, and they bought me a hot chocolate :h: and i found out there car was in the garage on my road, so they went to go see if it was ready, and they have to bring it back tomorrow, so there coming round to mine in the morning which will be nice :smile:

so thats cheered me up massively, but i missed placement :colondollar:
was menna be there at 5, but i was too busy living in a normal nice world with no worries.

hope everyones ok :smile:

Nice one, I hope it is amazing :jumphug:

Original post by luno
Hope it helps you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Yeah :tongue: plus doctors just seem scary :colondollar:. There is something I've been worried about for ages that I need to see a doctor for and I can't do it because it's embarrassing :colondollar:. Won't put specifics here :wink:

I hope you didn't :biggrin:

:jumphug:

Well, got the meds. Read the side effects list and is huge!

Nice one, I hope it is amazing :jumphug:

if you find a nice one its ok, i seem to live at the drs at the moment :frown:
try go if it worries you, ask for a male dr prehaps? if its personal i often ask for a female one...

i didnt, but he didnt wake up till like 5 :eek: i was getting worried till he text!

yeyyy, hahaha yeah, dont worry about it too much though, you wont get half of them. i really only got tiredness, yawning, my body kept locking up, then another very annoying thing :tongue: hahaha

also thankyou, im kinda looking forward to it, but kinda not, so i dunno :s-smilie: will be nice, but im in a **** mood tonight, so dunno how ill be feeling at 10am when they turn up! haha
Reply 3610
Went to my seminar (massive thanks to my mentor on that one). :party2:

Actually felt sorry for the tutor... she was pretty much talking to herself - was a very quiet group. Almost made me want to pipe up. :eek2:

Treated myself afterwards to several hours with a friend playing LOTR on game cube. Nothing like smashing up some orcs to relieve stress. :awesome:

Also sorted out Easter plans with my mum, and she completely understands my point of view, so that's really great. Am feeling less like a ****ty person because of that.

Trying to ignore the "*******s what if I can't do university?" thoughts at the moment. I can definitely do first year, then second year hopefully I'll get the modules that I want which will help take a load off.
In my head right now I'd actually take a 2.2. Obviously want a first or a 2.1 but won't let perfectionism drag me down into an all or nothing mindset. My health comes first. Always.

So currently stuff seems to be slowly slotting into place. FINALLY.

asdfgah
x

You probably won't see this until I'm tucked up in bed (hopefully not having weird dreams where I'm you and there are three of us and we unsuccessfully rob Tesco :tongue:) and we'll likely text before then anyway, but hope M's was funnnnnn. :huggles:

Edit: oooooooh also SFE gave me £318 for the 60 days after my intercalation. :love: That eases things for me a bit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by avhhs
Oh, hello there Citalopram 10mg :hi:

Not sure how to feel :erm: although I think I can properly join in here now :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope it works for you :yy:

:jumphug: I know it was probably very annoying for you, but I am glad your wife persuaded you to come back and she is looking out for you.

Is there anyway you could cut down slowly? Stopping altogether when it's such an important coping mechanism for you seems like a bad idea and might lead to bad results but if you slowly drink less it might be easier? It'll take a lot of willpower but maybe buy a 4 pack and tell yourself you're not going to buy anything else when it's finished until x amount of time. Maybe you could give your money to someone to make sure you don't? I dunno it's just an idea.

It's definitely possible to stop. I used to drink a lot every day too but now I'm on about 1 cider a week which I thoroughly enjoy but had you told me that a couple of year's ago I'd have said impossible.

I've been trying to reduce the amount I drink, I think the problem I have is that whenever I have one drink, I find it very hard to stop, and will drink everything in the house. Yeah, I think I just need to try resisting buying it, and maybe only buy a few cans rather than bottles of whisky. Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you managed to cut down, gives me some hope :smile:

Original post by rmhumphries

is slightly worrying, but important

Yeah, I'm going to discuss the results with my GP next Sat so I will know then. Yeah, I know I have to reduce, it's part of my DBT too so I should get some help there. Hopefully. I am trying to just drink 6 units a day, some days I manage it, others I can't. Thanks for your advice though :smile:
Original post by Nut.
Went to my seminar (massive thanks to my mentor on that one). :party2:

Actually felt sorry for the tutor... she was pretty much talking to herself - was a very quiet group. Almost made me want to pipe up. :eek2:

Treated myself afterwards to several hours with a friend playing LOTR on game cube. Nothing like smashing up some orcs to relieve stress. :awesome:

Also sorted out Easter plans with my mum, and she completely understands my point of view, so that's really great. Am feeling less like a ****ty person because of that.

Trying to ignore the "*******s what if I can't do university?" thoughts at the moment. I can definitely do first year, then second year hopefully I'll get the modules that I want which will help take a load off.
In my head right now I'd actually take a 2.2. Obviously want a first or a 2.1 but won't let perfectionism drag me down into an all or nothing mindset. My health comes first. Always.

So currently stuff seems to be slowly slotting into place. FINALLY.

You probably won't see this until I'm tucked up in bed (hopefully not having weird dreams where I'm you and there are three of us and we unsuccessfully rob Tesco :tongue:) and we'll likely text before then anyway, but hope M's was funnnnnn. :huggles:

Edit: oooooooh also SFE gave me £318 for the 60 days after my intercalation. :love: That eases things for me a bit.

Massive massive :hugs: and congratulations! You should be really proud of yourself sweetheart, and that attitude towards your degree is a brilliant one to have... I wish I could share that philosophy. What modules are you interested in taking next year? I need to find out how I'll select my one module for next year now I've intermitted. :s I've asked the relevant person in my department, and she says she'll get back to me when she finds out. The module I wanted to pick up again (the one I was doing when I intermitted) is running in the Autumn term not Spring next academic year though, so I can't do that when I go back, as I'm not going back til January.

I'm pleased your mum was so supportive about Easter as well. :smile: Well done for talking to her about it! Must have been really difficult for you... :hugs:

Pleased SFE have given you your money for intercalation as well! They're not giving any to me because they gave me my loan in January before I intermitted in February. :frown:
Hello, (first post!) I'm a first year medical student and I've just joined this site (after some lurking). I was diagnosed with clinical depression about a year ago but I know I've had this problem for much longer and have never really had the opportunity to talk about it outside of a clinical setting. It would be particularly helpful as things have been quite difficult lately.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to post this.
your wife knows your safe and not going to get hurt, so doesnt want you to run.
she knows whats best for you.

its ok :hugs: your safe at home with your wife.

Original post by Meaty_man
That's because its the wrong thing to do! Of course you're not going to do well at something that you shouldnt do :hugs:

Im happy your wife is good with her words, we all want you to be safe!

Yeah, you guys are right, it was stupid. All I managed to do was be very confused and pick out which tree and that's not something I should have been doing. :colondollar: I'm really glad I have her I would do such stupid **** if I didn't.

Original post by bullettheory
:jumphug: I know it was probably very annoying for you, but I am glad your wife persuaded you to come back and she is looking out for you.

You're right, it was annoying to put it lightly but now I've calmed down I'm feeling a bit better that I came back as not doing so would have complicated a lot of things.

I've been trying to reduce the amount I drink, I think the problem I have is that whenever I have one drink, I find it very hard to stop, and will drink everything in the house. Yeah, I think I just need to try resisting buying it, and maybe only buy a few cans rather than bottles of whisky. Thanks for the advice. I'm glad you managed to cut down, gives me some hope :smile:

Yeah, I think resisting buying it would probably be easier than resisting what you have in the house. Maybe buy smaller bottles of whiskey if you're going to drink that if you don't want beer/cider in cans, or if you're not mixing it atm could you try doing that as well?
Original post by LastJackalope
Hello, (first post!) I'm a first year medical student and I've just joined this site (after some lurking). I was diagnosed with clinical depression about a year ago but I know I've had this problem for much longer and have never really had the opportunity to talk about it outside of a clinical setting. It would be particularly helpful as things have been quite difficult lately.

Hello! :hi: Sounds like you got the right place, people here tend to be pretty nice and it's great to be able to talk to like-minded people.

Are you getting any help for your depression?

:hello: welcome! everyone here is pretty amazing, and we generally help each other out, so its the right place :smile:

Yeah, you guys are right, it was stupid. All I managed to do was be very confused and pick out which tree and that's not something I should have been doing. :colondollar: I'm really glad I have her I would do such stupid **** if I didn't.

no its wasnt that it was stupid, because your not stupid (it took me 2 attempts to spell stupid :facepalm:) you thought you were doing the right thing, because thats what your brain told you to do! but your wife knew you were safer at home, which she was right :yep:
hope your calming a bit! :hugs:
Hello! :hi: Sounds like you got the right place, people here tend to be pretty nice and it's great to be able to talk to like-minded people.

Are you getting any help for your depression?

Thanks to everyone who's replied! You all seem very nice.

I had a few months of weekly psychotherapy last summer. Prior to that I was on a moderate does of citalopram for a few months but it seemed to have a really bad effect on me. At present, I've been in contact with the university psychological services to perhaps get some more counseling but nothing seems to be happening at the moment.

My biggest difficulty is with loneliness since I'm not a very social and I have sexuality and gender issues I'm not very open with.
Reply 3618
if you find a nice one its ok, i seem to live at the drs at the moment :frown:
try go if it worries you, ask for a male dr prehaps? if its personal i often ask for a female one...

i didnt, but he didnt wake up till like 5 :eek: i was getting worried till he text!

yeyyy, hahaha yeah, dont worry about it too much though, you wont get half of them. i really only got tiredness, yawning, my body kept locking up, then another very annoying thing :tongue: hahaha

also thankyou, im kinda looking forward to it, but kinda not, so i dunno :s-smilie: will be nice, but im in a **** mood tonight, so dunno how ill be feeling at 10am when they turn up! haha

I do seem to have a nice doctor, but I don't feel comfortable talking to him because everyone else in the family also has him, if you get what I mean. I'm tempted to ask for a female doctor that time if I go :tongue:

Oh dear. Glad it's all sorted now :smile:

I get tiredness and yawning anyway :wink:. Bit nervous for my first dose tomorrow morning. Not helped by me having sort of flu-like symptoms due to having too much chocolate (my body doesn't really like it, but I can't stop myself from having it!) :colondollar:

Hope you feel better in the morning :smile: :hugs:

Hope it works for you :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
no its wasnt that it was stupid, because your not stupid (it took me 2 attempts to spell stupid :facepalm:) you thought you were doing the right thing, because thats what your brain told you to do! but your wife knew you were safer at home, which she was right :yep:
hope your calming a bit! :hugs:

Yeah, it did definitely seem like the right thing to do. On reflection and now I've calmed down I realize that she's right, I'm safer here (even if the walls do keep swearing at me). Warmer too. :tongue:

Thanks to everyone who's replied! You all seem very nice.

I had a few months of weekly psychotherapy last summer. Prior to that I was on a moderate does of citalopram for a few months but it seemed to have a really bad effect on me. At present, I've been in contact with the university psychological services to perhaps get some more counseling but nothing seems to be happening at the moment.

My biggest difficulty is with loneliness since I'm not a very social and I have sexuality and gender issues I'm not very open with.

The first antidepressant is only effective for something like 40% of people, so if you wanted you could try a different one whilst you're waiting for the talk therapy - no waiting lists for medications :wink: But it sounds like you're doing the right thing by reaching out for help.

I know how lonely university can be, I had a really bad time with that too, I know it sounds obvious but have you joined any societies? Sports in particular can be good if you're not a social guy because you don't need to speak as much you can just focus on the game.

Latest