The Student Room Group
University logo
Abertay University

Who's going to Abertay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Hey. So I'm sure there's similar questions asked in this thread on the same topic but looking for some fresh answers. If you're in Opal, how is it? Going in to first year (computing), want to stay in halls and Opal is looking the best for me. Being right in the middle of Dundee is a big plus and the price isn't too much of an issue between personal income & student finance.

Heard great things about Opal from some people and some not so great things from others... Anyone been in it recently and have any opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University logo
Abertay University
Reply 361
Original post by OedipusRex
I've also accepted my unconditional for Ethical Hacking. CTBlench you can be the course's designated party host, you housedweller you.

Hahaha, no bother mate! I'll have plenty of intense drinking plans for you lot :biggrin: Just came home from Dundee's Union for St. Paddy's day hah!
Getting some practise in ahead of time, good plan.
Original post by JMcB
Hey. So I'm sure there's similar questions asked in this thread on the same topic but looking for some fresh answers. If you're in Opal, how is it? Going in to first year (computing), want to stay in halls and Opal is looking the best for me. Being right in the middle of Dundee is a big plus and the price isn't too much of an issue between personal income & student finance.

Heard great things about Opal from some people and some not so great things from others... Anyone been in it recently and have any opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there :smile:

I'm in Opal right now (as in literally, I'm sat in my room there as I type this) and it's pretty good. Everything is paid for, other than a TV license, and the rooms are a reasonable size. Not huge, but there's enough room that you don't feel crowded. Having everything provided definitely is great for first year; it really lets you find your feet. On the other hand, I've heard some people who're also in Opal complain about it, but only minor things really. I'd definitely recommend it.
Reply 364
Original post by OedipusRex
Getting some practise in ahead of time, good plan.

This whole year has basically been a big practice haha. You guys are going to have a lot of fun :P
Hi guys,
Anyone chose Engineering and intelligent systems? Maybe someone studding that already and can say something about this course?,
Cheers
Reply 366
Original post by Genna1017
Hey, anyone doing biomedical science year 2? Everyone else I've spoke to are starting first year! I'm starting in year 2 because Ive done an HNC. I hope there's someone else!

I'll probably be at Abertay after summer doing biomedical science starting in 2nd year:smile: I've put Dundee down as my firm but I really don't think I'm going to get an A in my Graded unit, so Abertay it is! I could've applied for 3rd year for Abertay because I'm doing a HND but if you go straight into 3rd year you don't get to do the placement:frown: I managed to get an A in my graded unit last year, but this years practical graded unit has went completely to pot:frown:
I'm doing Media, Culture, and Society.
Anyone else doing Psychology and Counselling? (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 369
im going to study nursing
Reply 370
Game Design and Production Management here :wink: anyone else who's doing it feel free to message me. Moving from CGAD to GDPM so this will be my second year in Dundee and my second first year :P Feel free to message me anyone!
Reply 371
I'm doing Ethical Hacking this year, I would love to talk with some others on the course before going as I will be moving up to Dundee from Glasgow and won't know anyone :frown:
Reply 372
Going to Abertay for law :smile: anybody staying at Courthouse Apartments?
Is anybody from here going to study law? :smile::biggrin:
Staying at Alloway Halls, anyone else the same? Studying Criminology :smile:
I'm just away to go into 3rd year Sports Coaching received my unconditional. Is there anyone doing the same route or any insight into the sports lecturers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest