The Student Room Group

TSR New Year Transformation Contest - Official Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hey can I still enter please? Been abroad over xmas/new year and got back today! Will put starting pics up tomorrow
Wow! 57 entrants!!
Thread closed; good luck to all :smile:!
Am I able to make my final entry? :smile:
Well I thought I might as well kick start the entries for the final part (I won't be able to do it any later as I am busy writing my research proposal and getting ready for grading this weekend/assignments).

So this is the third time I've entered and overall I am much more happier with my progress :h: (the first time I gained weight and the second I didn't lose much, only a couple of kg).

In total I lost 11.5kg (or 25 pounds). I did get down to 12kg but the last week hasn't been brilliant due to personal reasons. However, I do plan to get back on track. My BMI has also gone from obese (33.4) to overweight :biggrin: (29.1)

My health has improved and I don't eat McDonalds anymore :nah: I did have KFC after a 3 month break, but it was just a horrible experience I don't think I'd go back again :no:

So here are the photos!

Front

Side

Back

Date

Comparisons

I still have quite a long way to go from my final goal (I plan to get to my ideal weight and then start to build muscle). But I am happy that I have sorted my life out :smile:
Reply 105
Here are my before(again) and after photos, been working pretty hard, started to slow down over the past week but ive got my next 18 weeks planned starting after easter (and a well deserved birthday), big things ahead!
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Original post by abbdan29
Here are my before(again) and after photos, been working pretty hard, started to slow down over the past week but ive got my next 18 weeks planned starting after easter (and a well deserved birthday), big things ahead!
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Attachment not found
Attachment not found

Pics don't work.
Reply 107
Original post by k9markiii
Pics don't work.

how to i get them to work?
Original post by abbdan29
how to i get them to work?

try re-attaching them as photos?
In!

Was originally going to cut, but realised after 4 weeks of cutting that there's no point in cutting if there's nothing worth cutting down to, so I bulked my ass off (or on lol)
(edited 11 years ago)
Well it's my turn to upload now. This transformation contest has been really fun - I got the flu halfway through (which stayed for about a month) so I think if I enter again I'll go for the summer transformation contest so there are less bugs around!

I've noticed quite a few differences - first my posture has greatly improved. This can best be seen in the side photos. I'm now engaging my core muscles when I stand and I'm alot straighter. It's really boosted my confidence as I used to think I had a 'chicken posture.'

Secondly, I used to have two red lines (stretch marks??) across my stomach. They can just about be seen in the 'before' front photo. These are now gone! :smile:

I'm so glad I entered. It shows that you can achieve an awful lot in 3 months (Well.. 2 months in my case) and I feel much better within myself. :smile:

front before.JPG side before.JPGback before.jpgproof transformation end.jpg
Original post by Gladbags2012
Wow! 57 entrants!!

Okay, I said this three months ago.

How many do you think will return to post their end results? :tongue:
Reply 113
Original post by cpdavis
Well I thought I might as well kick start the entries for the final part (I won't be able to do it any later as I am busy writing my research proposal and getting ready for grading this weekend/assignments).

So this is the third time I've entered and overall I am much more happier with my progress :h: (the first time I gained weight and the second I didn't lose much, only a couple of kg).

In total I lost 11.5kg (or 25 pounds). I did get down to 12kg but the last week hasn't been brilliant due to personal reasons. However, I do plan to get back on track. My BMI has also gone from obese (33.4) to overweight :biggrin: (29.1)

My health has improved and I don't eat McDonalds anymore :nah: I did have KFC after a 3 month break, but it was just a horrible experience I don't think I'd go back again :no:

So here are the photos!

Front

Side

Back

Date

Comparisons

I still have quite a long way to go from my final goal (I plan to get to my ideal weight and then start to build muscle). But I am happy that I have sorted my life out :smile:

Nice! Keep up the hard work!

Should I even bother with after photos now :ahee:
Reply 114
Original post by Gladbags2012
Okay, I said this three months ago.

How many do you think will return to post their end results? :tongue:

Haha I'm not gonna lie but I sort of forgot about this/thought I'd have the time but didn't. I've been going to the gym fairly regularly over the last few weeks though and have lost some kg so that's some progress I guess. Will post pics sometime this week.
When is the last day that we can post pictures

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 116
I dropped 5kg (weighing 73kg now). I believe I am a bit more toned than I was at the start of the contest and a few people have been telling me that I've been looking a bit more trim so hopefully there looks like there is some progress. If you guys were doing one starting from next month I'd be much more up for it as I'm going on holiday in the summer. But anyway here goes.
Original post by StarlightSmiles
Well it's my turn to upload now. This transformation contest has been really fun - I got the flu halfway through (which stayed for about a month) so I think if I enter again I'll go for the summer transformation contest so there are less bugs around!

I've noticed quite a few differences - first my posture has greatly improved. This can best be seen in the side photos. I'm now engaging my core muscles when I stand and I'm alot straighter. It's really boosted my confidence as I used to think I had a 'chicken posture.'

Secondly, I used to have two red lines (stretch marks??) across my stomach. They can just about be seen in the 'before' front photo. These are now gone! :smile:

I'm so glad I entered. It shows that you can achieve an awful lot in 3 months (Well.. 2 months in my case) and I feel much better within myself. :smile:

front before.JPG side before.JPGback before.jpgproof transformation end.jpg

Your arse in the last pic looks terrific
Original post by SteelStavens
Your arse in the last pic looks terrific

Haha thanks.

Squats have been my friend :smile:
Front:

Spoiler

Back:

Spoiler

Other:

Spoiler