The Student Room Group

Psya2 - aqa a psychology unit 2 - jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I can't do unit 2 its too hard.... I'm gonna diieeeee!
What are the chances that we will be asked to evaluate the SAM and HPA in the stress section? this unit is quite big so I don't want to remember stuff that I don't need :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by suehadz
I can't do unit 2 its too hard.... I'm gonna diieeeee!

see my post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=41098750&postcount=18 I hope this helps!
also go over lots of past papers and check the mark schemes to have an idea of how to write a perfect answer that an examiner wants.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 103
Could anyone let me know all of the possible essay titles for the PSYA2 exam? Obviously this doesn't have to be completely extensive but I'd like to make some essay plans
Reply 104
Original post by gaffer dean
see my post: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=41098750&postcount=18 I hope this helps!
also go over lots of past papers and check the mark schemes to have an idea of how to write a perfect answer that an examiner wants.

okay yeah thank you so much!! :colondollar:
i've started looking at past papers now then reading round the Q n info:smile:
Original post by suehadz
okay yeah thank you so much!! :colondollar:
i've started looking at past papers now then reading round the Q n info:smile:

cool, No problem.
Original post by Sophie1994
What are the chances that we will be asked to evaluate the SAM and HPA in the stress section? this unit is quite big so I don't want to remember stuff that I don't need :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very high, I've taken the exam twice and I've had to outline them both times.

Also got my original script back, marked ridiculously harsh and I think I'm gonna get a remark as I've counted at least 7 marks they've missed out, recommend anyone else that got below what they estimated to do the same.
Original post by rohannnnn
Very high, I've taken the exam twice and I've had to outline them both times.

Also got my original script back, marked ridiculously harsh and I think I'm gonna get a remark as I've counted at least 7 marks they've missed out, recommend anyone else that got below what they estimated to do the same.

but because in the specification it only mentions outline so I'm not too sure :s they could of made it more clear -.-
Reply 108
is anyone else doing both exams in the summer?

what are everyones revision techniques?
Reply 109
im doing it in the summer
erm just practice questions and 12 markers and make sure i know everything really
Reply 110
Does anyone know what topics came up in the January 2013 Exam for Unit 2?
Original post by Mira123
Does anyone know what topics came up in the January 2013 Exam for Unit 2?

I found january 2013 question paper and mark scheme:
PSYA2 Jan 2013 Question Paper.pdf
PSYA2 Jan 2013 Mark Scheme.pdf

About 500 views and only 2 +rep :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 112
I found january 2013 question paper and mark scheme:
PSYA2 Question Paper: PSYA2 Jan 2013 Question Paper.pdf
Mark Scheme: PSYA2 Jan 2013 Mark Scheme.pdf

Thank you sooooooooo much!!! :smile:
Original post by Mira123
Thank you sooooooooo much!!! :smile:

No problem. :smile:
No problem. :smile:

Ahhh you are absolutely amazing!!!!
Reply 115
For the exam do we actually have to know Stress related illness: cardiovascular + psychiatric
I looked at the spec with no mention except for immune system. Same for emotion + problem focusing?!
Im creating some essays, hopefully finish by the end of the week if anyone want them, ill be happy to share ;D
Original post by Jkizer
For the exam do we actually have to know Stress related illness: cardiovascular + psychiatric
I looked at the spec with no mention except for immune system. Same for emotion + problem focusing?!
Im creating some essays, hopefully finish by the end of the week if anyone want them, ill be happy to share ;D

if it's not on the spec then don't learn it.
Reply 117
if it's not on the spec then don't learn it.

Haha mmk, just that its in the Coco (cat) book, so is minority influence but it isnt on the spec so got me a bit confused. Dont wanna learn any useless studies!! ={
Reply 118
Original post by Jkizer

Emotion/Problem focused strategies for coping with stress have been removed off the spec. No longer tested on them! Conformity now relates specifically to majority influence, so Moscivici is no longer credible, he is only credible for social change!
Reply 119
Original post by Onoderas
Emotion/Problem focused strategies for coping with stress have been removed off the spec. No longer tested on them! Conformity now relates specifically to majority influence, so Moscivici is no longer credible, he is only credible for social change!

Ahh ok cool. For the social change stuff, my teacher told me that if i learn stuff for Role of minority influence, aka Behavioural styles + snowball + dissociation model, it will be fine since you can apply it to the SI affect on social change. not sure if its true though D:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending