The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by najinaji
Interesting point, but I'm not sure if it entirely follows. If we consider a woman from that region's facial features (say China, for example), they bear more similarity to black people - flatter rounded nose, high cheekbones, flatter face, almond-shaped eyes, thicker lips etc. I'm half black & half white, but as a small child, because of my straight hair, people often thought I was Chinese.
Actually, East Asian people have on average the most neotenized [child-like] faces, whereas white people are a bit less neotenized and black people tend to be the least neotenized. (But compared to other animals humans are all fairly well neotenized.) So the fact that you were a kid probably has more to do with why people used to think you were Chinese. (Also, I think that Asian people tend to have roughly the same kind of noses and lips as white people, so some can be quite thick, but most aren't.)

Of course, most of us have fairly mixed genetic inheritences though.
Reply 62
Original post by Politricks
Except people on this thread don't just mean Indian when they're talking about "South-Asians", they're also talking about people from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan, you can't call people from those countries "Indian", because they're not Indian, despite Bangladesh and Pakistan being part of India before.

Saying "South Asian" and "East Asian" does avoid confusion between oriental Asians in the East and brown Caucasoid (do not confuse with Europeans, people from South-Asia are also classed as Caucasoid) Asians in the South. When people are talking about people with oriental features they don't just say "Chinese people", "Korean people", "Japanese people", they're talking about oriental people in that region in general so they say "East Asian".

I don't see what you find confusing between "South Asian" and "East Asian", it's not rocket science to differ between the two terms.

Too bad, I'm into rocket science. The issue is that so many forms of Western media just throw Asians in 2 different categories, we're either brown (South Asian) or yellow (East Asian), despite the fact that I find plenty of physical difference between Chinese and Japanese people. (Plus my Korean friends feel insulted if people classify them in the same group as Chinese).
Then I have to ask where do people from Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia fit in?
They share characteristics with both what you call South Asians and East Asians.
I don't like 'talking about oriental people in that region in general'.
Original post by Shivaji
Too bad, I'm into rocket science. The issue is that so many forms of Western media just throw Asians in 2 different categories, we're either brown (South Asian) or yellow (East Asian), despite the fact that I find plenty of physical difference between Chinese and Japanese people. (Plus my Korean friends feel insulted if people classify them in the same group as Chinese).
Then I have to ask where do people from Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia fit in?
They share characteristics with both what you call South Asians and East Asians.
I don't like 'talking about oriental people in that region in general'.

They'd be classed as South-East Asian
Reply 64
Original post by CastleRose47
For example IMO South Asian (Indian, Pakistani etc) girls and East Asian (China, Japan) girls are waaay more attractive than their male counterparts. Like...yes ofcourse there are attractive guys of that race too but they're a lot more rare. With Caucasians I'd say its pretty much equal. Why is this? Does anyone agree with this?

EDIT: just making it clear again that this is just MY opinion. I am in no way stating "Asian girls are better looking than Asian guys" as a fact. :smile:

uve shown every1 ur stupidity by asking a question which u admit urself is your own opinion, and therefore is subjective. only u can answer y u think this since its ur opinion. jus shows ur stupidity that you dont know yourself why you have this opinion? how can others answer y u have this or any other opinion?
Reply 65
and the other point is that the title assumes that your opinion is fact when u ask "why" which implies its fact and that theres a factual answer even though its a subjective question based on your own opinion.

a proper title for this since its a subjective question which you urself admit would have been... "do you think some races have better lookin women then the men" becoz that wud reflect it been a subjective question.
Are you a dyke OP?
It's true many Indian women are smoking hot while the Indian guys are hairy little chubby trolls. if it weren't for the fact that Indian women are extremely superficial, bossy naggers they'd be great catches.
Reply 68
Maybe it's because your looking at more attractive Asian women more than attractive Asian men?

Latest

Trending

Trending