The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Extended Degree in Science hertfordshire

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got an offer too. Need to sort accomidation, I've heard that you can't stay in halls on the foundation course. :frown:.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Rebekah96
I got an offer too. Need to sort accomidation, I've heard that you can't stay in halls on the foundation course. :frown:.

Yeah they don't allow you to stay on campus if you are doing a foundation course. Perhaps you could get in touch with the university's housing office: http://www.uhsu.co.uk/index2.php/lettings/
Reply 22
Yeah :frown:. Thanks for the link.
Reply 23
Hope this thread is still alive.

But got my offer for this, Plan on making it my firm to lead onto Diagnostic Radiography

So excited :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Evizu
Hope this thread is still alive.

But got my offer for this, Plan on making it my firm to lead onto Diagnostic Radiography

So excited :smile:

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by navik
the tuition fee is £5800. i got it from the UCAS website

Thank you
Reply 26
Hey, I'm going to study the extended degree at north herts college, I've found the perfect flat in stevenage and I'm looking for room mates so if anyone is interested let me know :-) its a beautiful flat and I do have pictures to it..
Reply 27
Original post by sham1
Hey, I'm going to study the extended degree at north herts college, I've found the perfect flat in stevenage and I'm looking for room mates so if anyone is interested let me know :-) its a beautiful flat and I do have pictures to it..

Hey!!!!!!!!

I've been looking for a place for a few days sooooooooo.. yeh im interested.

I'm also dues to start extended degree at north Herts, doing Pharmaceutical science...hopefully

really pissed that the uni wont give halls accommodation but hey that's life...
Reply 28
Hey guys, Initially I wanted to do radiography but my grades in alevels wasn't good enough so got rejected n had to to thru clearing. so got accepted to do forensic science at Bedfordshire. I received a call from north herts today saying they willing to offer me a place for this course. i just want some advice, being a radiographer is my dream, do they check ur alevels grades on progression to a science degree? Is it possible to progress to diagnostic radiography? How hard is the course? I have less than two weeks to sort everything out, will I still be able to get an accomodation? Does anyone need a room mate? Is two weeks really enough for me to sort everything out cos i don't want to get release from Bedfordshire then find out I can't get into hertfordshire

Any contribution will be helpful, really confused atm cos have sorted everything out at Bedfordshire but not too happy having to settle for a course I know little about. And totally sorry for d long message, please read n help me. Thanks
Reply 29
Original post by beautixx
will I still be able to get an accomodation?

there is also students accommodation which is in letchworth on briar patch lane.
it should be about £60 a week. there should be rooms available. there is some info on the nhc college website (link). the phone number for the accommodation is 01462 681 288.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by beautixx
Hey guys, Initially I wanted to do radiography but my grades in alevels wasn't good enough so got rejected n had to to thru clearing. so got accepted to do forensic science at Bedfordshire. I received a call from north herts today saying they willing to offer me a place for this course. i just want some advice, being a radiographer is my dream, do they check ur alevels grades on progression to a science degree? Is it possible to progress to diagnostic radiography? How hard is the course? I have less than two weeks to sort everything out, will I still be able to get an accomodation? Does anyone need a room mate? Is two weeks really enough for me to sort everything out cos i don't want to get release from Bedfordshire then find out I can't get into hertfordshire

Any contribution will be helpful, really confused atm cos have sorted everything out at Bedfordshire but not too happy having to settle for a course I know little about. And totally sorry for d long message, please read n help me. Thanks

I am going to NHC to do the exact thing, planning to progress onto Radiography Also. My older sister did the same course and progressed onto Pharmacy. For pharmacy she needed 70% at the end of the year which she just scrapped. She also had to have a insurance which was radiography. From what I know everyone will get an interview for radiography is thats their choosen progression and subject to you making the grades you should be able to progress. Its either 60% or 65% this year to progress (was 60% last year, may have increased slightly)

If you decide to go NHC i'll see you next week Tuesday (registration)
I got an offer for this course and I am hoping to progress onto pharmaceutical science... can you still progress onto pharmacy? I can't wait :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by naijacouture
I got an offer for this course and I am hoping to progress onto pharmaceutical science... can you still progress onto pharmacy? I can't wait :smile:

Hey i got an offer too and i am hoping to do pharmacy too. Have you sorted out accommodation ?
Original post by imonalisa
Hey i got an offer too and i am hoping to do pharmacy too. Have you sorted out accommodation ?

Heeeey im so happy ive found someone lol! Hmmm now that you mention it... Im deciding whether to progress onto pharmacy or pharmaceutical science... Anyways ive found accommodation but i dont have enough money to pay for the deposit yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Heeeey im so happy ive found someone lol! Hmmm now that you mention it... Im deciding whether to progress onto pharmacy or pharmaceutical science... Anyways ive found accommodation but i dont have enough money to pay for the deposit yet :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What type of accommodation are you getting? is it a student one? and where did you find it?
sorry for the questions im soo lost when it comes to Uni
Original post by imonalisa
What type of accommodation are you getting? is it a student one? and where did you find it?
sorry for the questions im soo lost when it comes to Uni

Aww thats absolutely fine! I'll send you a private email with all the details x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
I've got a place to study Pharmaceutical sciences this year - was wondering if you can progress on to Pharmacy after year 0? =]
Original post by HaliKay
I've got a place to study Pharmaceutical sciences this year - was wondering if you can progress on to Pharmacy after year 0? =]

Yep you can but you need something like 80% overall... I went to the open day with my friend :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Yep you can but you need something like 80% overall... I went to the open day with my friend :biggrin:

Really? Awesome! How'd you find it? How's it like there? And the area?
[QUOTE="HaliKay;42854932"]

Really? Awesome! How'd you find it? How's it like there? And the area?

It was really good and the teachers seemed really nice. There are labs and classes that are well equipped and big (well compared to mine) and they're all on one floor :biggrin: the areas quiet lol (I live in London) but I guess I'll get used to it :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest