The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

A Week in the Life: Warwick edition (see first post)

Scroll to see replies

Could anyone tell me about their experiences as postgrad student and/or specifically in the MA Writing program??
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 161
Original post by lilnikkita
Could anyone tell me about their experiences as postgrad student and/or specifically in the MA Writing program??

http://www.facebook.com/#!/WarwickPostgrad
Post Removed. Updated post on the next page.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nirgilis
The straight chemistry timetabling and module system is easy to comprehend as opposed to medicinal chemistry, chemical biology and chemistry with management! :yep:

Copied the post into here, thanks :h:
any for Law...
so, in all of this thread's history, not one single person has ever written about accounting and finance.
that's just, well, sad...
is it really that boring/dull/uninteresting? or just too typical that its not worth writing about?

or are all the a&f students too busy with assignments etc to write???
Any current Warwick Engineers care to share their story. ..? :tongue:
Original post by Perpetual_nomad
Any current Warwick Engineers care to share their story. ..? :tongue:

hey, did you straight got an offer or did you get a invitation to the uni first.. i got an invitation and i am not sure what to do,??
Original post by MOTORMADX
hey, did you straight got an offer or did you get a invitation to the uni first.. i got an invitation and i am not sure what to do,??

Currently I'm a confirmed placeholder for Engineering. I'm on my gap year in Industry.
When I did apply last year I did get an invitation to come see the uni and an informal interview but no formal offer. I don't quite remember why but I didn't want to go... think I had exams at the time. So I filled out this online interview for the engineering department. And soon after an offer for AAB :smile: .
Original post by princess1729
1st Year Maths.

Terms 1&2:

I had about 25 hours of lectures, 3 of support classes (1 teacher, about 30 students booked in, many less actually showed up), 2 of supervisions (1 4th year, 4 students, although there was usually 1/2/3 there). I occasionally went to a supervision, went to the odd support class when it for a hard module, and went to about 20 hours of lectures. Some were skippable as you can buy the notes and go through them by yourself/flick through for the first time the week before an exam. I had 9am lectures most days as they try to timetable later years modules for later in the day as they have to travel in and we're on campus. Irrritatingly, they don't have the lectures in a block, they were spaced from 9 - 7 with a few hours in between each. Plus my programming classes were 7-9pm!

Typically, I'd have 2 assignment sheets due in Monday, one Thursday and a test on Friday. All of which count towards my degree in some small way (year one is worth 10%, assignments/tests are worth about 15% of the year) so have to be done well. The weekend and wednesday afternoons (when there aren't ever lectures) would be spent working solidly. I often worked in the evenings too.

Term 3:

No lectures. Some useful revision lectures, 1 or 2 per course. Most of the time spent messing around doing nothing, until 6 weeks in when mad revision started. Then 2 weeks of absolutely nothing at the end of term.

Social Stuff

There is Top Banana, an event in the Union Monday nights which is £1 entry, £1 drinks which i usually went to. Then Thursdays the pub Varsity which is on the edge of campus has £1 entry, £1 drinks which is also a good night but not a nightclubby one. The union has various other events as do places in Coventry/Leamington Spa but these are more expensive and you have to bus to Cov/Leam and taxi back which is costly. Twice a week was enough for me! I don't do anything with societies much although they are good. I dabbled with cheerleading, pole dancing, rock climbing (AMAZING indoors wall) and I go to Christian Union stuff a fair bit which are excellent even for the nonreligious. They do nice things for people like give out free hot chocolate after Top B which is great for the cold walk back to halls!

Is it lectures every day or is it one or 2 days for MORSE?
Reply 171
Original post by yzarcemina
so, in all of this thread's history, not one single person has ever written about accounting and finance.
that's just, well, sad...
is it really that boring/dull/uninteresting? or just too typical that its not worth writing about?

or are all the a&f students too busy with assignments etc to write???

Also noticed this, anyone nice enough to write about A&F?
Any A&F students? I just firmed Warwick like 5 minutes ago. i am excited!!
Original post by theseeker
Is it lectures every day or is it one or 2 days for MORSE?

This is a very late reply, for MORSE you would almost certainly have lectures everyday. I think my friends which did MORSE had them every day.

I do maths and had them daily!
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
Any A&F students? I just firmed Warwick like 5 minutes ago. i am excited!!

I have a offer for a&f! Where are you from?
Original post by roligankan
I have a offer for a&f! Where are you from?

Def not fm fm eu countries. U?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Hi, I've applied for biomed for 2013, can anyone tell me about this?
Or something similar e.g. biology.
Thank you :biggrin:
Can somebody write about PPE ? What about the workload ? The exchange opportunities ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
If anyone felt inclined to share their experience of physics at Warwick, you would have my gratitude.
Reply 179
Hey guys :smile:

is anyone doing french and german? Or just french/german? Would love to know the sort of layout I can expect! Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest