The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sarahftw_
They're alright actually, but some of the transformation questions are a bit dodgy.

Where do you get them from?
Original post by Alex-Torres
Where do you get them from?

Maths teachers; don't know where they got them from though, but I could post them
C2. Solomon's and past papers.
Reply 23
C2 as well, solomon and past papers as well as my additional second book, least confident on optimization (differentiation in real life) questions.
I'm doing c1 and doing past papers mostly with some revision from textbooks

What are solomons?
Reply 25
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I'm doing c1 and doing past papers mostly with some revision from textbooks

What are solomons?

Tougher versions of exam papers, the solomons I used running up to the jan 13 paper saved my life, a question exactly like a solomon one came up, you may want to give them a little peak but by no means is it essential, it just helps your chances a lot more.
C1 and C2 over here (+ S1 ) :smile:

Solomons and then regular edexcel ones - C1 ive got nailed pretty much , but a bit rusty on reciprocal graphs
C2 again nailed apart from one thing - trig functions !!!
Original post by Robbie242
C2 as well, solomon and past papers as well as my additional second book, least confident on optimization (differentiation in real life) questions.

I think these are probably the most difficult C2 questions as well. Do you have any idea what kind of formulae we need to know for the exam that isn't official? E.g these questions often involve 'Show that...' which invariably require knowledge of various formulae. Earlier I needed to know the perimeter of a semicircle which I couldn't for the life of me remember.
Reply 28
Original post by Endless Blue
I think these are probably the most difficult C2 questions as well. Do you have any idea what kind of formulae we need to know for the exam that isn't official? E.g these questions often involve 'Show that...' which invariably require knowledge of various formulae. Earlier I needed to know the perimeter of a semicircle which I couldn't for the life of me remember.

http://math.about.com/library/blmeasurement.htm would be the bare basics I suppose, but the questions are so unpredictable sometimes..., its most likely that I will lose most of the ''show that'' marks

Also surely perimeter of a semi circle would be half the length of the circle (the half arc)+ diamater, and you can work out the arc using the fact that the angle made will be TT radians x radius
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
What are solomons? No ones told me about them im doing the exam, I'm good with c1 but not so much c2!
Reply 30
Original post by aliciap
What are solomons? No ones told me about them im doing the exam, I'm good with c1 but not so much c2!

To quote myself again
Tougher versions of exam papers, the solomons I used running up to the jan 13 paper saved my life, a question exactly like a solomon one came up, you may want to give them a little peak but by no means is it essential, it just helps your chances a lot more.

I'd recommend them if you want to get 90+
Reply 31
To quote myself again

Thankyou I'll defiantly have a look! :colondollar:
Reply 32
To quote myself again

You done the C2 ones? They're nasty :eek:
Reply 33

Not started the C2 ones, but I have done all the C1 ones and 3 M1 ones, time is runnning outtttt!
Reply 34
Not started the C2 ones, but I have done all the C1 ones and 3 M1 ones, time is runnning outtttt!

I thought you were hardcore? :tongue:
I've done 3 C1 ones, they seem quite easy. C2 I got half way through and it was a killer. S1 normal exams are a killer
Reply 35
I've done 3 C1 ones, they seem quite easy. C2 I got half way through and it was a killer. S1 normal exams are a killer

From now though its just past papers everyday, done fully with content. The C1 ones are generally easy in my opinion, the latter ones on arithmetic series can get quite tough, as well as some strange differentiation/integration questions. I find S1 easier than C2, but the problem with S1 is its just very long, the questions are very very long winded

Yeah the C2 solomon papers are quite horrible, but actual past papers are not too bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Hey guys, for the C2 specification do you think we'll ever be asked a question to do with changing the base number in logs? It's in the text book but I've never seen it in any of the past papers, even the Jan 13 paper.
Reply 38
Original post by Amz1217
Hey guys, for the C2 specification do you think we'll ever be asked a question to do with changing the base number in logs? It's in the text book but I've never seen it in any of the past papers, even the Jan 13 paper.

It's possible, keep an open mind, edexcel may be more crafty, like they were with C1 in jan
Reply 39

Wondering whats so difficult on S1? I got to do it next year ! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest