The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6960
Original post by Study24/7
Hey dude. I had a interview last Wednesday for the new store soon to be opening in Greenwich. I honestly thought I'd been rejected until I read the email properly.

Getting really nervous whether they'll have a position to match according to my availability and choice.

I received the same email two days after my interview last Friday.

Hopefully we get this job! Good luck!

P.s. Have they got back to you? And how long has it been since your interview? Thanks.:smile:

Original post by mybarefootdrive
Yes, this was also for Greenwich and my interview was on the 15th of this month. I got this email 5 days after.
They haven't got back to me as yet, I expect next Friday onwards, following the 2-3weeks they mentioned.

I know, I really hope so too!

Good luck!

I've received the exact same email from Greenwich. Good luck guys!! And keep me updated if you hear anything
Reply 6961
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could help me?
I got offered a position at Waitrose on the 25th ( woo!:biggrin:) and have completed and passed the health questionnaire. I was wondering whether anyone knows approx' how long it takes between the offer and the start date?

Also, how are the hours given i.e is there a set shift they give or is there a selection which I can choose from?

Thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by JDZG
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone could help me?
I got offered a position at Waitrose on the 25th ( woo!:biggrin:) and have completed and passed the health questionnaire. I was wondering whether anyone knows approx' how long it takes between the offer and the start date?

Also, how are the hours given i.e is there a set shift they give or is there a selection which I can choose from?

Thanks for the help :smile:

When you got offered the job they should have told you the shift they were offering. Then they asked me to come to an "offer clinic" followed by an induction the store. Your start date will be your first shift after the induction.

Hope that helped :smile:
Reply 6963
Original post by tom the student
When you got offered the job they should have told you the shift they were offering. Then they asked me to come to an "offer clinic" followed by an induction the store. Your start date will be your first shift after the induction.

Hope that helped :smile:

Hi, thanks for getting back to me :smile:

I've received the following:

"I am very pleased to inform you that a letter offering you a position with us is in the post and you should receive it in the next few days.

In order to be able to agree a start date with you, we require you to complete a medical questionnaire. As part of the next stage of our process, please sign back in to the job site and click on 'continue application' to complete the health questionnaire.

Once you have completed this questionnaire, depending on your answers, you may be sent a more detailed questionnaire to print off and complete..."

Just by reading this again, I'm assuming my contracted hours will be included in the letter and as I have completed the health questionnaire I should be contacted regarding inductions soon *crossed fingers*

Thanks again for the help!
What is the Waitrose AGM like? This year will be my first one and I don't know whether or not to go. What happens there? Is it awkward if you're not drunk? Can you bring plus ones?
Original post by Maryeep
I have an interview for a part time position in Waitrose in just under 2 weeks, I have serveral ear piercings, but i'm fine with taking them out for the interview, however I do have lobes stretched to 6mm and 5mm, although they're only small, so I may just take them out for it aswell.

What I'm really worried about is my hair, it's not a crazy style, a little below shoulder length, although it is purple. I don't mean the dodgy purples people put over brown, it's bleached then a purple put over it. I don't know what their policy is, I plan on wearing it up and pulled back to not draw too much attention.
I'm really reluctant, but should I change it to a more 'natural' colour beforehand? (most likely will be a light blonde, my real natural colour is brown) Or should I keep it this colour for the interview, then during/after ask them if they would like me to change my hair colour, showing initiative of some sort..

I'm taking a level 2 diploma in hair so changing the colour and cost really isn't a problem for me.

Someone please help, thank you in advance.

fyi, i'm 18 and the branch is in East London/Essex

i know that a lot of supermarkets/retail stores have a policy against "extreme hairstyles", mine does anyway. I'd change it, it won't help anyway. You could maybe mention that you'd change it at your interview, that might suffice.
Original post by Young Hot Stalin
What is the Waitrose AGM like? This year will be my first one and I don't know whether or not to go. What happens there? Is it awkward if you're not drunk? Can you bring plus ones?

It's been and gone. It's just a meal a presentation some prize giving and people do get drunk. You aren't allowed to bring plus ones to that but can at Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6967
Love this! I'm new to The Student Room was just looking around and found this thread, brilliant! I'm a part-time CSA on Customer Service at Waitrose Kingsthorpe been there just under 2 years so i'm more than happy to answer any questions from potential new starters!
Original post by Claudette
It's been and gone. It's just a meal a presentation some prize giving and people do get drunk. You aren't allowed to bring plus ones to that but can at Christmas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our branch's is next month. Oh okay, do the under 18s drink too? Don't understand why people make a big deal about this evening... :confused:
I had my interview with the section manger for customer service. Does anyone know how long usually It would take for them to come back to me? If it takes longer than two days does that mean I have more of a chance of getting the job. This is because I am worried about the amount of holidays I have booked It almost a month because I have to this three week experience for my UCAS? Will this make me seem less desirable?
Original post by JoFarah
Love this! I'm new to The Student Room was just looking around and found this thread, brilliant! I'm a part-time CSA on Customer Service at Waitrose Kingsthorpe been there just under 2 years so i'm more than happy to answer any questions from potential new starters!

Thank you so much for this! I have a question :biggrin:! Recently accepted a role at my local branch...and im going shopping this afternoon and was wondering what shoes are acceptable to wear?! I've chosen a skirt, so i'm really unsure of what to wear as they'll be on display!

Also - what is the induction like, and what should I wear?! Smart casual?!

Thank you!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by StanleyDog
Thank you so much for this! I have a question :biggrin:! Recently accepted a role at my local branch...and im going shopping this afternoon and was wondering what shoes are acceptable to wear?! I've chosen a skirt, so i'm really unsure of what to wear as they'll be on display!

Thank you!

Sensible comfortable, flat shoes are fine.

Remember you'll have a short or long apron on all the time so providing you're comfortable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6972
Original post by StanleyDog

Thank you!

Comfortable Black Flat Shoes would be your best bet, but I would agree on making sure they are comfortable!

The induction is good, not sure how the branch your at will do it, mine was just me and about 3 others which was good because you instantly have people in the same boat as yourself!
If you haven't already you'll most likely be watching a couple of DVD's about the partnership and customer service, they did in fact show us the brand new induction video at the last AGM, and then you'll most likely do some bits about the branch and perhaps a few bits of training depending on what section your on :smile:
Reply 6973
Original post by Erogerson
The previous thread, Lucy stated back in 2008. It's time for a change, after nearly 350 pages.

This is for you to post any questions you have regarding employment at Waitrose, and i'll do my best to answer them for you.

Also there is an unofficial guide available, via this link http://sdrv.ms/Z7qHi2. Please PM me for the password.

Thanks.
Emily

Hi Emily,
I've just got a job at Waitrose and have my training day tomorrow, I was wondering what to expect and how soon I should start after this? Also, if the uniform I have ordered does not fit, will they let me swap?
Thanks x
Please would you answer my question. Thanks .
I had my interview with the section manger for customer service. Does anyone know how long usually It would take for them to come back to me? If it takes longer than two days does that mean I have more of a chance of getting the job. This is because I am worried about the amount of holidays I have booked It almost a month because I have to this three week experience for my UCAS? Will this make me seem less desirable?

Posted from TSR Mobile kno
It takes around a week for Waitrose to reply back to candidates. And if you require holidays then it can make you're application less desirable. However, if its due to exams then the branch may be fine with it.
Original post by immieimmu1
It takes around a week for Waitrose to reply back to candidates. And if you require holidays then it can make you're application less desirable. However, if its due to exams then the branch may be fine with it.

It's not for my exams, I have a three week holiday for a UCAS scheme, and then two weeks of for a holiday in America. I wish I didn't have to do the UCAS thing, if it means I don't get the job. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile kno
Hi guys
Received my 'bank holiday confirmation form' today to be handed tomorrow but I'm a bit confused - am I just writing in the bank holidays that I want to take off? If I don't want any off, shall I leave it all blank?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never mind - sorted now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this sounds like such a stupid question, but how do you call in sick? What do you say and who do you speak to if your manager isn't there?

Latest