The Student Room Group

Anyone taking CIE iGCSE in May/June 2013?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackTeh96
i am not sitting math tomorrow, but i am sitting Biology and Physics Paper 3 variant 2 this week though.
I took chemistry paper 1 variant 2 last week, just feel that some questions are very similar, but there are some new question though. Overall was quite easy, what do you think.

Yes I was really happy.it was easy for me.just doubted two questions.expect 38/40

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
Yes I am sitting papers 3 for both Biology and Physics this week. Wish they weren't both in the same week as have 5 exams next week.:frown:
Reply 222
Original post by chatty
Yes I am sitting papers 3 for both Biology and Physics this week. Wish they weren't both in the same week as have 5 exams next week.:frown:

It's CIE decisions..... Business Studies and Biology at the same section same day Tuesday p.m. kill me...
Reply 223
What a pain. I have Thursday like that and am really not looking forward to it. Good Luck.
What is the minimum percentage to get an a and a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 225
Original post by hamzavalli01
What is the minimum percentage to get an a and a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which sub?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 226
i don't understand fully the whole percentage thing.....
In the report, if it said you got 91% (A*), does it mean that you really get 91% or your marks are higher than 91% oft the world or other meaning????
Anyone can explain this to me...
Bio,chem,physics and ict

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bio,Chem,physics n ict

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Everyone good luck with your maths exam 2morrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 230
Original post by hamzavalli01
Bio,Chem,physics n ict

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well igcse cie... The treshold system truely is a relief
Although for all the core papers in science tht is p1 ans p6 the treshold is always high
P1 goes like 30/40 at max, any low u could be in danger.. And p6 thrs a margin of 10-15 depending on the max possible marks

Where as the extended/course/main paper (i.e) p3 ive seem chem go as low as 39/80 for A
Albiet it will be to ur advantage if u dont lose more than 30.. Nevertheless, its around 45/80

As for ict, p2 and p3 . It gives u a strech for 10 marks.. So 70/80 would hit a six..get u an A
And for p1 could be as high as 70 and as low as 60, to sum it up 65/100 for A

Keep in mind for A* u need more.. The (igcse_cie_gt) gives range only for A and a sum for A*
So ull hav to score more than the "minimum marks for A" to get an A*

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is coming so late (sorry, 'bout that), but matrices and vectors are coming out in the Mathematics paper 4 tomorrow.
It's been noticed that if a topic doesn't come out in paper 2, it always comes out in paper 4. So, I hope you read this early.

By the way, do we all have the same timetable? I've noticed that quite a bunch of us have the same papers on the same day.

Also, Geography paper 2, who did it? How was it?
I loved that paper! I was like reading case studies and stuff for paper....4 (I think that's the paper that's for) just to find out that it's the map skills stuff we're doing, but it was great. Just brushed up for a few minutes on my map skills and stuff (and tried to remember things like relief, calculating the gradient on a map, etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by SammySingally
This is coming so late (sorry, 'bout that), but matrices and vectors are coming out in the Mathematics paper 4 tomorrow.
It's been noticed that if a topic doesn't come out in paper 2, it always comes out in paper 4. So, I hope you read this early.

By the way, do we all have the same timetable? I've noticed that quite a bunch of us have the same papers on the same day.

Also, Geography paper 2, who did it? How was it?
I loved that paper! I was like reading case studies and stuff for paper....4 (I think that's the paper that's for) just to find out that it's the map skills stuff we're doing, but it was great. Just brushed up for a few minutes on my map skills and stuff (and tried to remember things like relief, calculating the gradient on a map, etc.

[QUOTE="hamzavalli01;42589374"]I found the geography paper to be alright because I wasn't that well prepared for it so I am the one to blame.for the gradient,did u have to divide the two figures they gave you?I just have to prepare for my case studies as geography paper 1 is on this Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. You divide the vertical value by the horizontal one.
Reply 235
Original post by notnek
After 24 hours, I am allowed to look at the papers and distribute solutions. You should've probably guessed that being an IGCSE teacher, I would've checked this first before giving the solutions :smile:

The same rules apply 24 hours after the exam that apply 5 years after the exam.

Can you tell us the paper 4 answers in 24 hours :colondollar: :biggrin:
Reply 236
How was paper 4 guys? I thought it was super-easy, lost 10 marks MAXIMUM
I finished the exam with 1.5 hours left.. Every time I try to stretch, an invigilator comes and tells me to sit still :frown:
How did everyone find maths paper 4.my friend found extended found it 50/50

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which variant did you do?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 239
I think it was tough :/ im bound to lose 12-16 marks ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply