The Student Room Group

About Year 11 study leave this year..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RP-MRU.

P.S. Anyone, do schools/teachers hold specific revision during study leave, so only students committed and willing to revise turn up..

We're having revision sessions in the easter break -.-
Reply 61
We get ours just after Easter for some people I believe, cannot wait!
Reply 62
Original post by tamil4
We're having revision sessions in the easter break -.-

Wow, I posted this about this time last year - time flies!

It may seem tedious, but you will benefit from it, trust me. The earlier your school chooses to start revision, the earlier you finish the course, ie more revision time, more time to perfect exam techniques etc
My study leave begins on the 1st June :/ The majority of my exams are in May though. :frown:
Reply 64
Until monday we had been told that there would not be any study leave and we would have to revise in school, but they have now changed their minds and we leave on may 11th! :biggrin:
I think they're running some revision sessions throughout study leave though
Reply 65
I have 11 exams and 7 are before study leave on the 25th of May..
Headteacher tells us in a small-group (approx 12 people or less) that we have 2 weeks study leave.

Deputy head tells entire year in assembly that "The school hasn't had study leave for 5 years and it will be the same this year."

Cough.
Original post by Caz.123
Until monday we had been told that there would not be any study leave and we would have to revise in school, but they have now changed their minds and we leave on may 11th! :biggrin:
I think they're running some revision sessions throughout study leave though

same thing with us! when is your first exam?
Reply 68
Original post by tamil4
same thing with us! when is your first exam?

First exam is May 14th (French Listening) and last is June 25th (Geog)
Original post by Caz.123
First exam is May 14th (French Listening) and last is June 25th (Geog)

aah right mine start May 15th (Ethics) and finish June 27th (German)
I have 26 exams :s-smilie: not looking forward to it!
Original post by tamil4
aah right mine start May 15th (Ethics) and finish June 27th (German)
I have 26 exams :s-smilie: not looking forward to it!

I have 17 exams!

First exam May 15th (Ethics!) last exam June 27th (German)

I'm with AQA German and OCR RE. Are you?:eek:
If my school didn't have study leave I wouldn't have come to school except for my exams. Simple as. Coming to school would have been to the the huge detriment of my results.
(edited 12 years ago)
So many if you seem to have study leave! My school cancelled study leave last year (though most of the year 11's protested and didn't bother coming in).

I've had to be in school Monday-Friday for at least two hours per day this half term aswell, any of your schools started full on revision for the upcoming exams yet?
Reply 73
Revision? Most subjects haven't finished all the topics yet, at my school at least, but I wouldn't have thought many would have finished the different topics and units.
Our school wants us to have study leave, because they realise that we do revise better that way. Unfortunately, it seems Gove has struck again and the government wants us to stay in school, up to at least the end of June, by which point of course the exams will be over. I had actually started to plan a lot of revision to do at home, but now it seems I shall have to change my plans; I highly doubt I'll be able to revise as effectively in school.
Original post by besarlalluvia
Does your school intend to proceed with the usual 'study leave' at around May?

My daughter's school are not having study leave this year, they are having revision classes and some home study periods. It takes my daughter 1 hour to walk to school for a 1 hour revision class, then 1 hour walk home. Surely it would have been more sensible to use the whole three hours at home, and believe me, she spends her whole time with past papers and revision, she is desperate to do well. Her only english revision class is on the morning of her exam and her RS class is on 22/05 but her exam is 14/06. No thought gone into arranging the classes.
Reply 75
yeh thats true mate i agree with u
Original post by clivejcooper
So many if you seem to have study leave! My school cancelled study leave last year (though most of the year 11's protested and didn't bother coming in).

I've had to be in school Monday-Friday for at least two hours per day this half term aswell, any of your schools started full on revision for the upcoming exams yet?

I've got three days of study leave before my first exam, thanks school! But then again, I guess it's better than nothing...

And nope, no revision. I know I should have, but we haven't finished learning everything, and I'm worried I'll give up and burnout!

To make myself feel better about this, I count time on TSR as revision, as it's academic and all that. Makes me feel a little less guilty :wink:
Reply 77
i dont really know when we are going on study leave
Reply 78
our school have scheduled study leave for the 16th may. After we have had 3 exams!
Reply 79
My head of year told our entire year that it was now illegal to give study leaves and if we didn't go to lessons that we had finished for it would be put down as unauthorised absences.

Quick Reply

Latest