The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
DanGrover
I don't think De Hav has any halls, only flats. I'd chose College lane even if they only had halls in De Hav, simply because all my lectures (and yours, i believe) are in College Lane, but the fact halls are there too is an added bonus for me. My brother lives in halls, and he LOVES it, prefers it to all his friends who live in flats on campus.

I don't think there are any en suite halls, but my brother shares 3 toilets and 3 showers with about 12 other people, and he has never ever had to wait to use either.
technically de-hav do have halls. just not the same layout as college lane.. refer to my post above

EDIT - I do understand your reasoning behind thinking that de-hav doesn't have halls though, it's because they are all the same price band and more or less the same lay-out and structure; however, since there are different buildings on the campus, they are considered as halls even though they are slightly identical
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Hwhone
cool, do the halls have en suite as well? what r the best halls in De-Hav?

en-suite is having your own toilet and bathroom present in your room, all rooms on de-hav are ensuite..

All the halls on dehav are the same too but hadham tends to have slightly larger rooms 'cos of the curvature of the hall itself..
Reply 62
so you would reccomend the de-hav halls. I like the idea of my own en suite, however, if my course if in college lane, i'll have to travel to every lecture. I suppose i dont mind that, and it's got the sports facilities there... hm.......... halls do look fun though... so, halls with en suite, thats what i want, large room too!!!
Reply 63
Hwhone
so you would reccomend the de-hav halls. I like the idea of my own en suite, however, if my course if in college lane, i'll have to travel to every lecture. I suppose i dont mind that, and it's got the sports facilities there... hm.......... halls do look fun though... so, halls with en suite, thats what i want, large room too!!!

That's HARDLY travelling lol, but they have a shuttle bus service between de-have and college lane and I think it runs every 12 minutes from about 7am all the way till about midnight or 1am I think
dimexi
That's HARDLY travelling lol, but they have a shuttle bus service between de-have and college lane and I think it runs every 12 minutes from about 7am all the way till about midnight or 1am I think

Aye, but given the union bar is at College Lane, that's a whole lot of A1 to get lost on during the drunk stumble home :rofl:
Reply 65
DanGrover
Aye, but given the union bar is at College Lane, that's a whole lot of A1 to get lost on during the drunk stumble home :rofl:

The A1? :confused:.. The B roads lead to college lane, not the A1.. it's literally about a 5 min drive btw campuses or a 20 min walk if there is no bus
Reply 66
yep... 20 mins is far.. i live in london, never need to walk anywhere, there is always a bus or train....
Reply 67
This may sound stupid, but do you have self catered and catered halls? Could you possibly tell me which are self catered as I prefer to have the freedom to cook my own food, plus it gives you a little more freedom if you know what i mean! Im thinking about Telford Court?
Reply 68
bencat27
This may sound stupid, but do you have self catered and catered halls? Could you possibly tell me which are self catered as I prefer to have the freedom to cook my own food, plus it gives you a little more freedom if you know what i mean! Im thinking about Telford Court?
I don't think we have catered halls.. well I've never heard of them in herts.. It's every man for himself :biggrin:
Reply 69
Hwhone
yep... 20 mins is far.. i live in london, never need to walk anywhere, there is always a bus or train....

You'll have to get used to it :wink: the bus is pretty frequent so you wont have to walk much but you WILL work..
I'm from london as well and I walk alot, it's the best thing to do when the buses are wasting time
Reply 70
dimexi
I don't think we have catered halls.. well I've never heard of them in herts.. It's every man for himself :biggrin:

Great :smile:
Just wondering if someone could post up some photos of Telford Court and Roberts Way if possible?

As the images on the Herts website don't exactly show alot.

Would be much appreciated if someone could do this, as I'm sure it wouldn't only help just me. :smile:
Reply 72
wud help me too! :smile:
Reply 73
Maybe Frank and Aeana can help you with that... I don't live in halls anymore..

Haven't you attended an open day?
Reply 74
They only show one flat on the whole campus anyway, so ya get no idea of the differences between all the possibles, and even when walking past the others, the tourguides never say "oh and here is xxxx these rooms are more xxxxx than the ones we visited a few minutes ago" :frown:
Reply 75
It's always the case... People generally take the risk.. I didn't know what any hall looked like before I moved in, well I saw telford court but ended up in de-hav...to be honest, it's the people in the flat that make it either good or bad
Reply 76
Yeh i only went to a Law open day and never got to see college lane/de hav. So TBH I havn't really any clue what it looks like there at all other than the pics on their website!
Reply 77
Just take the one you think sounds good enough for you and is in your price range :biggrin:... As I said, it's the people that make the flat great so you have to hope you get nice housemates:wink:
Reply 78
Well preferably i would liek an ensuite as im a greedy bastard lol. but I'm thinking telford!
Reply 79
Telford is good:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending