The Student Room Group

TSR "Mixed-Race- Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
dimexi
The term "half-breed" is so errrrr.... I don't even know what to say, I just don't like it.. Mixed race is better.. I'm referring to Eurasian's post btw

I use it in hope (no very much) of ridding the word of it's derogatory contations. It's the same thing with the word "nigga". Plus I like the word :biggrin: .
Reply 21
HearTheThunder
All things being equal; someone start the "White Society"

I don't see how that would makes things "equal".
Reply 22
HearTheThunder

you know I said the same thing when someone started the "black soc" I reckon if someone starts a "white soc" people will call them racists or something.. That's the main reason why socs like this are a bit of a shaky topic
Eurasian
I don't see how that would makes things "equal".

I didnt say it would; I said, all things being equal, there should be one.
Reply 24
Eurasian
I use it in hope (no very much) of ridding the word of it's derogatory contations. It's the same thing with the word "nigga". Plus I like the word :biggrin: .

That word IS derogatory and the use should be banned IMO.. I really dislike the word :mad:
dimexi
That word IS derogatory and the use should be banned IMO.. I really dislike the word :mad:

As derogatory as some words are, you can't exactly ban them, that's just thought control :p:
Liam The Eagle
I'm English and Irish. That makes me mixed race.

No it doesn't. Just because they have it as separate races in job applications don't mean anything. If you were half caucasian half negroid you'd have a better case IMO.
Reply 27
HearTheThunder
As derogatory as some words are, you can't exactly ban them, that's just thought control :p:

True... Ah well!! :frown:
Reply 28
HearTheThunder
I didnt say it would; I said, all things being equal, there should be one.

I misread, sorry. As Dimexi already stated, the society will most probably be subject to scrutiny.
my niece is half white and shes got jamaican and indian in her, she is so georgous! i love her sooooooooooooooo much!
Eurasian
Well, my father IS of european descent thus making me half and I was born in England. Answer?

Your mother isnt so no.
Reply 31
Eurasian
I misread, sorry. As Dimexi already stated, the society will most probably be subject to scrutiny.
It's only natural because of some peoplewho like to be controversial.. If the soc picks up you will get used to it :biggrin:
NDGAARONDI
No it doesn't. Just because they have it as separate races in job applications don't mean anything. If you were half caucasian half negroid you'd have a better case IMO.

You don't decide what determines a race, bumberclart.

As for the BNP, what a ridiculous concept, British racial purity. Us British, one of the most mongrel races on Earth, excluding others because they somehow aren't as British as us. the BNP is an embarrassment to this country, you don't represent anything but racism and backward thinking, you exacerbate the problems with multi-culturalism that you are oh so quick to point out, and aren't even brave enough anymore to say what you mean. You've dressed up your core beliefs in political ********. You have less credibility than any other political party, because not only have you politiked and diluted your beliefs, you're all a bunch of racist tossers who no one likes and who most of us would ship out as quickly as you would ethnic minorities.
HearTheThunder

Good idea! But really, I feel only Blond blue eyed people should join. Because there are a lot of people…including certain middle eastern people…that are white ^o) and they’re not even European :biggrin:

So, do YOU look Nordic? i.e. tall, blond hair & blue eyes :p:
bluedreamer
Good idea! But really, I feel only Blond blue eyed people should join. Because there are a lot of people…including certain middle eastern people…that are white ^o) and they’re not even European :biggrin:

So, do YOU look Nordic? i.e. tall, blond hair & blue eyes :p:

I'm afraid I don't, I'll have to set up the "Tall white people with red hair and brown eyes" society. Furthermore, I think there should be "Quite tall" "Average" "Quite short" subdivisions.
Liam The Eagle
You don't decide what determines a race, bumberclart.

No the disctionary did which I used. I find it laughable on how certain nationalities are confused with race.

Liam The Eagle
Us British, one of the most mongrel races on Earth, excluding others because they somehow aren't as British as us.

Ah yes we're mongrels. No more mongrel than other nations in Europe. I ammuse you think we're mongrel because of the Saxons, Normans and Vikings. Most of the British population in this country still have a high Celtic ancestory in them.
NDGAARONDI
No the disctionary did which I used. I find it laughable on how certain nationalities are confused with race.

Obviously not a sociology student then.

NDGAARONDI
Ah yes we're mongrels. No more mongrel than other nations in Europe. I ammuse you think we're mongrel because of the Saxons, Normans and Vikings. Most of the British population in this country still have a high Celtic ancestory in them.

suuuure we don't. We're all a bunch of German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, French half breeds.
Reply 37
Liam The Eagle

NDGAARONDI

suuuure we don't. We're all a bunch of German, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, French half breeds.

Excuse me - with that highlighting on "German" I would say you're just about to offend my home country! I myself am half Asian and half German, but I was born in Germany, and yes, although there may be some racists in Germany, your comment suggests that we're all racists. Thank you very much! :mad:

And yeah, by the way, in the US there are also a lot of Germans or people from German origins - would you say they are all racists??? :mad:
greeniev
Excuse me - with that highlighting on "German" I would say you're just about to offend my home country! I myself am half Asian and half German, but I was born in Germany, and yes, although there may be some racists in Germany, your comment suggests that we're all racists. Thank you very much! :mad:

And yeah, by the way, in the US there are also a lot of Germans or people from German origins - would you say they are all racists??? :mad:

So has a doctor diagnosed you as being mentally deficient, or was it just a conclusion you and those close to you have reached over the years?
Liam The Eagle
Obviously not a sociology student then.

Nope. Politics student.

Liam The Eagle

Because of historical invasions Germany is mixed with Italian, Denmark and Poland. And Poland is mixed with Belarus, Ukraine and Russia etc. Thing is this often goes amiss and the invaded forces that entered this island didn't have a profound affect on the inhabitants to the extent that the Celts were completely wiped out. One of the reasons why I hate Anglosaxon being used as a term to mean English.

Quick Reply

Latest