The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F325 Equilibria, Energetics and Elements Wed 13 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone explain question 2di? I totally don't get the point!!!! The examiner report says *Needs formation of co3- ions from C and O not breakdown of co3 2- ions. Don't understand why! Thanks :biggrin: (f325 jan 2012)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5181
I really wanted an A* for Chemistry, I got 74 UMS in January for F324, and got full marks on coursework, so I need 136/150 UMS to get the A*, but I feel I can't achieve that. This unit is difficult because of the stretch and challenge questions. I really don't know where to start from in these hard questions, such as June 2011 paper, question 4 e) it asks you to deduce the chemicals required to prepare this buffer. In the mark scheme it just says 'chemicals are lactic acid and sodium lactate' without any working out. I don't understand how they got to that answer. Anyone care to help? And the last question also made me freeze. I hate this unit. Oh well, only need a D in this unit to get the A overall.
Reply 5182
Quick question, do we have to know about Kp? Going through old questions and it keeps rearing its ugly head.
Reply 5183
Original post by mmasters
Quick question, do we have to know about Kp? Going through old questions and it keeps rearing its ugly head.

What on earth is Kp ?!?!
Reply 5184
The jan 2013 was rather tricky so hopefully this June paper will be better. In jan 70/100 was an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck everyone!
Does anyone know how to do feb 2012 question question 4 ii pls, need to go into this exam with confidence
****ty Exam
Horrific. Dreading results day now!
The last question was sent from hell.....
Original post by neldee95
The last question was sent from hell.....

I got NiSO4.7H2O, think that was the right answer!
Original post by Ashwin_Bhatt
I got NiSO4.7H2O, think that was the right answer!

I think that's the right answer i put NiCl2 . 7H20 instead cos i was running out of time but I got all the other working out right up to the point where the mass of the -2 ion was 96. Reckon I've lost one mark max or ?
(edited 10 years ago)
That exam was horrific!! Did anyone know how to do that buffer Ph one? and I literally didn't have a clue about the last question, I managed to work out it had 7 H20 in it but how were you supposed to work out what the nickel(II) salt was??? :s-smilie:
Original post by DanielleCrow
That exam was horrific!! Did anyone know how to do that buffer Ph one? and I literally didn't have a clue about the last question, I managed to work out it had 7 H20 in it but how were you supposed to work out what the nickel(II) salt was??? :s-smilie:

I got NiS04.7h20
It was very tough, I got there somehow
Did anyone else get this answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Liberty_Alice
I got NiS04.7h20
It was very tough, I got there somehow
Did anyone else get this answer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That should be the right answer i remember working out the molar mass of the -2 ion was 96 and that fits in with S04. I put Cl2 though because I was running out of time and didn't have time to do the adding up and stuff. I worked out everything else though it's just the final bit where you have to give the formula. I hope I've only lost one mark for that.
To work out the buffer, did you have to do that method where you take away the moles of base from the acid like in june 2012?
Original post by MediocreIguana
To work out the buffer, did you have to do that method where you take away the moles of base from the acid like in june 2012?

Yeah think so because one was in excess. Something like 3.99?
Original post by daisyrchds
Yeah think so because one was in excess. Something like 3.99?

I think that's right, though I got something else
Reply 5198
For the last question I put NiO6.7H20, Pretty certain it's wrong, O6 does have a mass of 96 but the charge on the nickel would have had to have been +12... Hopefully this is just 1 mark right?
Grade boundaries 68-70?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending